• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TV Commercials You Cant Stand

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
What are some commercials you see on television all the time that you cant stand? For me, its these

Now dont get me wrong, Im sure these types of commercials are a "feel good story" but considering half the commercials nowadays have actors in them, I feel like theyre fake and just come off as forced.

Any holiday commercial where a new car is given/received as a gift.

Any insurance commercials. Doesn't matter the company, they all insist on being annoying just so they are memorable, I guess. Geico, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate, the list goes on....

Medicare Advantage commercials - all of them!

Any commercial longer than 15 seconds - that is all the time they need

Medicine commercials with annoying song and dance routines and/or long lists of side effects

Online banking commercials

I have learned to tune out commercials.

ALL car insurance commercials where they seem like soap operas instead of actually telling us about their insurance policies/costs/benefits.

ALL of the prescription drug ads. You need a doctor's prescription to buy them and only your doctor knows if your medical condition is appropriate for that drug. I would assume doctor's waste a lot of time explaining to their patients while that product isn't suitable for them. Besides the fact all of those ad $$$ drive up the cost of the drug.

Commercials where it isn't clear what they are advertising. At the end of the commercial they list some website to go look at. Nope not interested.

Recent raisin bran commercials where I have NO idea what they are talking about.

I will always and forever severely dislike this commercial - it’s old (from 1987) and it will always be one of my most disliked commercials of all time.

Medicare - omg hundreds of times a day on all channels - extremely annoying
No I don’t like Martha I really want to slap her I don’t care if she calls I don’t care if anybody calls I just wish it would get off the dang TV enough already - I don’t care if Joe or the Fonze is telling people to call it feels like it’s always time to sign up
I agree with everyone the insurance commercials and any commercial for any medicine especially that diabetes commercial because you know everybody often breaks into song just walking down the street

Medicare - omg hundreds of times a day on all channels - extremely annoying
No I don’t like Martha I really want to slap her I don’t care if she calls I don’t care if anybody calls I just wish it would get off the dang TV enough already - I don’t care if Joe or the Fonze is telling people to call it feels like it’s always time to sign up
I agree with everyone the insurance commercials and any commercial for any medicine especially that diabetes commercial because you know everybody often breaks into song just walking down the street
I suppose I like Martha because she’s so bad and annoying that she’s actually good and comical.

The commercial I hated most of all time was Mr, Whipple for Charmin toilet paper.

Who the heck gets their jollies by squeezing TP in the supermarket?
Lol. In full agreement.

And Charmin now uses those red and blue cartoon bears to shill their fluffy butt sheets. I still don't understand the pairing of bears and toilet paper for advertising purposes...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter