• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House vs Ohana

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So we always like doing one buffet on a trip and recently did Boma, loved it!
Always like to try something new and have never done Tusker House and it’s been 20 years since we have done Ohana.
what would you choose and why?
Talking dinner here

Tusker House for us. Our dinner experiences at ‘Ohana have been mediocre at best, both with respect to quality of food and particularly service. We have been seated late every time, as much as 45 minutes after our ADR time, then service has been very slow in terms of getting initial drinks, food, drink refills, and even then getting the check when we are finally finished with dinner. Tusker House has been much more reliable in terms of all of the above. The only disadvantage is that travel to and from the Animal Kingdom can be much more of a hassle with a long walk between the bus stop and the restaurant. We prefer to do AK in the morning when we are more likely to do featured activities without springing for Genie+.

'Ohana isn't a buffet if that matters at all. If you want a character buffet with a nice variety of food, I would do TH. If you would like a quieter meal where the AYCTE meal is served to you, I would do 'Ohana. I think the food is of the same quality.

We did Tusker House last fall. Great, great character interactions with Goofy, Donald & Daisy. Decor and atmosphere is top notch, and food is good. We would go again.

Years ago, this would have been 'Ohana, hands down. But in recent years, our recommendation would absolutely be Tusker House. Tusker House is fun and the buffet is good. 'Ohana has disappointed in the past decade - too much money for less and less interesting food. But there is the bread pudding........!!

Don’t know when we will return to ‘Ohana. Our last 2 visits have been very disappointing. The quality just isn’t what it was pre-Covid. Service also, not up to par.
To us, it is not worth the $$$.

We Recently did both and loved Tusker House so much more than Ohana, was very upset with how Ohana has changed so much all for the negative.. Characters at TH were just great

Tusker House has always been a favorite. I would do the breakdfast there and always had a great experience. The food is great too, especially the African inspired selections. They have some of the usual standards too if you are concerned about any of that, at least the breakfast had bacon, eggs, etc. They have some awesome pastries at breakfast, and while I have never been for lunch/dinner I have seen where they have a good bread selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter