Tusker House or Boma?!

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Which one do you recommend for dinner? We have never been to either (myself, DH and DD 3yo). Is there one better than the other for non adventurous eaters? Thank you!

Last edited:
You don't say breakfast or lunch/dinner. I've been to breakfast & dinner at Boma & a late breakfast at Tusker where we were also there when they changed over to lunch. We liked both a lot. I'd give the edge for food to Boma. We had a few picky eaters in our group and they were very happy with their meals. If seeing characters is important to your DD then I'd go to Tusker House. If she likes animals then I'd go to Boma & make sure you walk out back to see the animals.

Strictly on quality of buffet food, I would choose Boma, easily. As pp said, if location, characters or animals matter, then take that into consideration....
I would say do Boma and explore the AKL; Jambo House and Kidani Village.
Plenty to choose from at either for kids and non-adventurous eaters.

I'd say Boma for the food, and a chance to see the animals on the savanna out back.

Boma. The food is excellent. It is made in small batches with the kitchen directly behind the buffet line. There is always a chef or cook present to answer any questions.

I would choose Boma. We thought the food quality was better there and it’s much quieter. When we went to tusker house my 9 yo niece got a headache because she said it was too loud. We also waited an hour and a half and ended up leaving because we still hadn’t seen all of the characters.

Boma is all around the better meal.

The only exception to this would be if you were planning on going back to AK after dinner. Any time we have ever left AK with the intentions of going back, we always end up deciding not to. It's not so much the traveling back and forth, especially to AKL which is a 5 minute ride. It has more to do with the walk from discovery island to the bus and back. It's a long walk, especially on a full stomach. So if you plan on enjoying the park after dinner, I would suggest TH. If you don't plan on hanging around AK after dinner I would go with Boma.

Make it 11 for BOMA!...been there many times for breakfast and dinner...going again in 2 weeks, can't wait ...we have some picky eaters but never an issue here..everything is always the best quality, and oh those zebra domes! [ you can also get them at MARA the quick service restaurant ]

We really enjoy both but love Boma and actually are doing both this trip. We are doing late breakfast at Tusker House ( last time we did lunch, they informed us the ham, which my daughter was looking forward to, was only a breakfast item). We've only done Boma for dinner ( my daughter can live on the curry pasta salad and I loved the salmon )=we did not do it last trip so it was a must do on this years list.

Boma is all around the better meal.

The only exception to this would be if you were planning on going back to AK after dinner. Any time we have ever left AK with the intentions of going back, we always end up deciding not to. It's not so much the traveling back and forth, especially to AKL which is a 5 minute ride. It has more to do with the walk from discovery island to the bus and back. It's a long walk, especially on a full stomach. So if you plan on enjoying the park after dinner, I would suggest TH. If you don't plan on hanging around AK after dinner I would go with Boma.

I was actually planning to head back to AK for the Rivers of Light show. We still have not seen it yet. Thanks for the info!

I was actually planning to head back to AK for the Rivers of Light show. We still have not seen it yet. Thanks for the info!

Then this is the only instance where I would say TH over Boma.

However, if you feel like you would be settling for TH, Yak & Yeti is a better meal than it used to be and Tiffins is very good (and actually the RoL dining package usually works out cheaper than eating there a la carte and is not that much more expensive than TH or Boma). There are also really good CS at AK, so don't feel obligated to eating TS. I would also skip RFC for the same reason I would choose TH over Boma, the walk to the front of the park and back.

Also, don't let the sound of some of the menus scare you off either. A lot of dishes tend to sound a whole lot more adventurous than they actually are. Most WDW dishes are created and spiced for the masses, not the adventurous.

If you need to have the character interaction, Tusker is your go to.
If not, Boma is the only choice.

Boma is always a go-to for my family. The food is great and it's so fun to walk around and look at the animals. If you don't have other character meals planned though, I would go to Tusker House. It's a nicely themed restaurant. I've only had breakfast there and it was very good, so I wouldn't worry about the food quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter