• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House Late Breakfast

MrsMama

Earning My Ears
I made an ADR for a 10:45 breakfast at Tusker House, and am now second guessing myself. I know breakfast is listed through 10:55, but will they be turning over the buffet to the lunch menu? I'm hoping that there will still be breakfast, as we're treating it as a brunch.

Also, because of how close we are to lunch beginning, are we going to run into an issue with being charged the lunch prices (we're paying out of pocket), even though our reservation is for breakfast?

Just wondering if I should try for a slightly earlier reservation. Thanks!

I am doing this next month, but everything I have read suggests 10:40 to be the time everyone uses as a rule of thumb, so you are ok. They don't switch over that quickly so you will have plenty of time to eat b-fast

Tip: Show up at 10:30. In my experience, it takes about 5 minutes to get seated. I have never had an issue getting seated earlier than my ADR time.

We have dined there at the transition several times.
They start bringing out the lunch items at 11, they move the breakfast items to the middle section as that happens. They don't restock them after that.
About 11:30 the breakfast goes away and the desserts are put out.
We love to dine there during the change over

You get charged the price of your res, so breakfast adr will be breakfast pricing.
You'll get the best of both worlds, breakfast and lunch at that time. They'll start putting lunch out, but they will stop refilling breakfast items that are gone by that point for the most part.

Depending on how quickly people are getting up from their breakfasts seating can run as much as 30 minutes behind, so as a pp mentioned you will want to check in at 10:30.

they definitely do not switch over so quickly. I made a first seating lunch my first time there and really wanted lunch, not breakfast... it wasn't until 11:30 that they really started bringing out lunch stuff.

This is the perfect time to go! The switch over is not that fast and you get both breakfast and lunch items and in our experience a much more relaxing time with the characters.

I made an ADR for a 10:45 breakfast at Tusker House, and am now second guessing myself. I know breakfast is listed through 10:55, but will they be turning over the buffet to the lunch menu? I'm hoping that there will still be breakfast, as we're treating it as a brunch

Do you want lunch foods at all? If you only want breakfast foods I would recommend having a slightly earlier reservation.

I just ate there yesterday. I had an 11:20 lunch reservation and was seated at about 11:30. Some breakfast items were still out when I went up to the buffet...I actually picked up a Mickey waffle with my lunch. ;)

I just ate there yesterday. I had an 11:20 lunch reservation and was seated at about 11:30. Some breakfast items were still out when I went up to the buffet...I actually picked up a Mickey waffle with my lunch. ;)
That's great to know, thanks!

The times we have eaten a late breakfast at Tusker, the change over to lunch is not automatic. They slowly take things away and replace them or they take several of the breakfast items left and move them all to one side as they start bringing out lunch.

they definitely do not switch over so quickly. I made a first seating lunch my first time there and really wanted lunch, not breakfast... it wasn't until 11:30 that they really started bringing out lunch stuff.
that is what happened to us last November, had a 10:40 ADR but we wanted breakfast as most of the people in our group are "picky" and did not want to try lunch. I hoped to have a few lunch items but it was 11:30 before they put lunch out.

A mix is fine, but I think my two sons (6 and 3.5 when we're there) will be happier with the breakfast choices. I'm hoping it'll be the best of both worlds!

We have reservations next month during switch over for the same reason. My DH and I are very adventurous with food but my kids are picky as can be. They love breakfast food so this is a great way to make everyone happy and save money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter