Tusker House: breakfast or dinner?

Laurajane6

Earning My Ears
what it says on the tin really!

I'm hoping for us to try both breakfast and dinner at Tusker House but if time doesn't allow it, which would you rather do??

It is one of the most unique breakfasts at WDW. Most serve the same boring things. A couple of exceptions are Tusker House and Boma.

what it says on the tin really!

I'm hoping for us to try both breakfast and dinner at Tusker House but if time doesn't allow it, which would you rather do??
Do both! I've read of people booking the latest breakfast slot and having success trying both breakfast and lunch items. Personally, I've only done breakfast and it was excellent!

Lunch and dinner I believe are the same so why not go for a late breakfast and then you are there for the lunch switch over so you taste both at one time
Skippyboo has a very good point. We had one breakfast there as the time turned over. I didn't notice the food change as much as the character interaction. There were very few people in the restaurant at this time and the characters came by 3 times, once sitting down with us and pretending to eat.

Tusker breakfast is one of the few things that we do every trip. We really enjoy the food and the characters. We try and get a pre park opening ADR.

Lunch and dinner I believe are the same so why not go for a late breakfast and then you are there for the lunch switch over so you taste both at one time

Thank you for this! Not sure why I didn't think of this.

OWe probably would of booked in for a later breakfast res anyway as I think we will RD pandora (depending on what FPs we can get)

Can't go wrong with Tusker. It is delicious at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've done all three. But as others have said, I'd try for a late breakfast and roll it into lunch. Enjoy!

Just booked a trip for Dec 3-7. Our priorities were MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, and Pandora. Will be booking breakfast at Tusker House for our day at Animal Kingdom.

We've done breakfast a couple times. If you have picky kids, go with breakfast. There's the normal breakfast buffet food, but some interesting choices thrown in too with African flair. And Krispy Kreme donut holes!

I booked our TH breakfast a couple weeks ago for the 10:40 am slot with this exact thought in mind. Played out perfectly, started out with breakfast and ended up trying some lunch items with my last plate. Delicious!

I booked our TH breakfast a couple weeks ago for the 10:40 am slot with this exact thought in mind. Played out perfectly, started out with breakfast and ended up trying some lunch items with my last plate. Delicious!

My main concern with doing this is that I fill up too much on breakfast food and can't fully appreciate the lunch options :rotfl2:

My main concern with doing this is that I fill up too much on breakfast food and can't fully appreciate the lunch options :rotfl2:

No worries, it's all you care to eat...when my husband and I did dinner, we did it leisurely. We also ran into friends from Iowa (small world) and ended up sitting by them. We were there for a couple of hours, so my husband maximized his food intake with about eight plates of food!

Now mom and I did breakfast and we spent about an hour. We weren't trying to maximize our food intake ;)

We love to do the breakfast into lunch at Tusker House! Make a 10:40 am breakfast reservation. (matter of fact my son and I will be doing this in 10 day)

Go hungry and pace yourself, there will be so many things to try!

Enjoy the breakfast price tag that will go along with it!

It is one of the most unique breakfasts at WDW. Most serve the same boring things. A couple of exceptions are Tusker House and Boma.

Hmm. As a vegetarian I found nothing interesting at all at tusker breakfast. I found it to be a waste. Now we did have the late bfast, which was good so I could have interesting food when they brought lunch out. But I’d already almost filled up from seeing if their breakfast was good.

Exactly.

Lunch/dinner foods there are interesting and delicious imo. I wouldn’t waste a breakfast there again.

Hmm. As a vegetarian I found nothing interesting at all at tusker breakfast. I found it to be a waste. Now we did have the late bfast, which was good so I could have interesting food when they brought lunch out. But I’d already almost filled up from seeing if their breakfast was good.

Exactly.

Lunch/dinner foods there are interesting and delicious imo. I wouldn’t waste a breakfast there again.
Could you give me some insight on the Boma breakfast for vegetarians? I have a 7 year old who seems to be heading down that past (she eats almost no meat except for turkey) and I do want her eating right and we love Boma for dinner so I scheduled a breakfast but I am afraid I have never really looked at the vegetarian offerings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter