Tusker House breakfast at 9:15 for 9am opening

Hatwriter456

Mouseketeer
Will we be able to enter AK before it 'officially' opens at 9am or will we need to fight the crowds at rope drop? I didn't think this out very well when I made my reservation :(. I don't want us to be late if we enter with the mass of people at opening.

Will we be able to enter AK before it 'officially' opens at 9am or will we need to fight the crowds at rope drop? I didn't think this out very well when I made my reservation :(. I don't want us to be late if we enter with the mass of people at opening.

AK is a little different right now. They will open the gate as early as 8:15, but could be closer to 8:30, and lead the masses heading to FoP toward that area of the park. I'm not entirely sure where they hold everyone else, but my guess is, you will get as far as the bridge that takes you over to Africa. There won't be as many people there with you, so you should make your ADR easily. My advice is to be at AK by 8:30, so you can make your way to the bridge.

If you get there around 8:30 or so, you could probably easily ride Navi before your reservation, too. You are going to be "caught" in the crowd at first either way, but there's no way it makes you late. In March, we arrived at 7:30 (8am open) and they were already letting people through the gates. We were on and off Navi (walk on) before they let anyone into Africa, and we are very slow walkers (4 year old pace setter).

I don't want us to be late if we enter with the mass of people at opening.

Sssshhhh.
Don't spread this around.

If you have a Tusker ADR at 9:20am or earlier
. . . you can enter the park as early as 7:40am
. . . you will go directly to Tusker and check-in at the podium
. . . you will be put in line just as if you had a 7:40am ADR
. . . you will be out of breakfast well ahead of others and ready to get to the Safari or Pandora before almost anyone else
(If you are Japanese, and have a 10:00am or earlier ADR at Tusker, you get the same privilege - this is a reciprocal agreement with Japan-Disney.)

Last edited:

I would consider trying to get a later TH brft unless you have a reason for wanting the
9:15 timing, only because you lose the first hour of park time, which is the shortest lines and least crowded time of day. We usually try to get 10:30- 10:45 timing, so we can utilize that time, then have more of a brunch, with brft items, then trying some lunch items as they start to change over. Normally we head right to the Safari, do the trail, then eat and do LK show. Of course now with Pandora, you might do Navi River as PP mentioned as soon as they let people back that way, then head to Safari with FP or shorter lines.

Thanks for all the responses :). When I made the reservation I was hoping that AK would be opening at 8am. I've tried to change my reservation to 10:30 but nothing has been available. We will be coming from the west coast so I'm hoping that we will be adjusted to the time change by that morning (it will be our 3rd morning) and get ourselves there early so we can eat early. This will be our 2nd day in AK so I'm hoping we will have knocked out a number of rides already.

Thanks for all the responses :). When I made the reservation I was hoping that AK would be opening at 8am. I've tried to change my reservation to 10:30 but nothing has been available. We will be coming from the west coast so I'm hoping that we will be adjusted to the time change by that morning (it will be our 3rd morning) and get ourselves there early so we can eat early. This will be our 2nd day in AK so I'm hoping we will have knocked out a number of rides already.
I would keep trying. This past summer, I didn't decide until we were already down there that I wanted to eat at Tusker House for lunch one day during our trip and I was able to get it just a few days out.

I would keep trying. This past summer, I didn't decide until we were already down there that I wanted to eat at Tusker House for lunch one day during our trip and I was able to get it just a few days out.

I agree with this. Last trip was my sin’s first. I didn’t know how he’d handle characters, so I only booked 1 character meal. Turns out he loved them. I was perusing the app the morning we were going to AK and found an available lunch at TH for that day. So don’t give up!

Update:
I got a 10:45 breakfast reservation :). I booked my FP's last week at my 60 days and I have Safari at 11:35, Dino at 12:40, FOP at 7:20pm. So now we have time to RD some rides before breakfast - we have FP's 2 days before this (6/13) for Navi, Everest, & Kali Rapids - I'm not sure what we should RD.

I'm hoping that breakfast will stay out long enough before lunch food comes out - I have some waffle lovers in my group.

Try the Safari first thing in the morning. The animals are more active (usually feeding time). Then do it again. It's always different.

Sssshhhh.
Don't spread this around.

If you have a Tusker ADR at 9:20am or earlier
. . . you can enter the park as early as 7:40am
. . . you will go directly to Tusker and check-in at the podium
. . . you will be put in line just as if you had a 7:40am ADR
. . . you will be out of breakfast well ahead of others and ready to get to the Safari or Pandora before almost anyone else
(If you are Japanese, and have a 10:00am or earlier ADR at Tusker, you get the same privilege - this is a reciprocal agreement with Japan-Disney.)

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in awhile. How exactly do they know you are Japanese - are you talking people who live in Japan or people who live anywhere in the world with Japanese heritage and if so, what % of Japanese do you need to be? In either case, do you have to provide proof? I just think this is total BS and not something that could realistically be administered and I would be shocked if it were actually true.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in awhile. How exactly do they know you are Japanese - are you talking people who live in Japan or people who live anywhere in the world with Japanese heritage and if so, what % of Japanese do you need to be? In either case, do you have to provide proof? I just think this is total BS and not something that could realistically be administered and I would be shocked if it were actually true.
I couldn't decide if the part of the post you quoted is supposed to be some kind of joke--if it is, I don't get it at all, and if it isn't, I 100% agree with you.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in awhile.

1) Don't shoot the messenger.
2) These are the printed rules.
3) This is an agreement between two different parks (Disney-World and Disney-Tokyo).
4) If you do not know the policy, don't make such statements or assumptions.

Sorry, but sometimes people make statements about WDW without knowing the facts.

3) This is an agreement between two different parks (Disney-World and Disney-Tokyo).

Sorry, but sometimes people make statements about WDW without knowing the facts.

So I have an 8 am reservation at TH for a day that the park opens at 9. My thought was that we could eat and run right over to Na'vi and beat the crowd. Is this not likely since they let people through so early?

So I have an 8 am reservation at TH for a day that the park opens at 9. My thought was that we could eat and run right over to Na'vi and beat the crowd. Is this not likely since they let people through so early?

1) You cannot enter the park "lands" early.
2) But you get close.
3) As for other Tusker guests, the first hour is seldom swamped.

If you can eat and see all the characters in about 20 min, then you MIGHT be able to join the front of the crowd as they make their way to Pandora. You have to go back toward the entrance of AK after breakfast; the back path is NOT open. That's a very expensive and rushed meal in my opinion. You'd be better off to skip Tusker and just be at the gate a little before 8:00 or enjoy your leisurely breakfast and head to the Safari afterwards. Leave Na'vi for just before park close.

It can be fact (which I'll believe it when I see it) and still be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, those two things are not mutually exclusive. I'm genuinely still curious how they enforce it though, is that also written in the policy?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter