Tusker House and ROL package or Crystal Palace and Wishes?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
I will be at WDW in March with daughters 12 and 15. Because we are doing a 4 day cruise, our park days are very limited and we are doing a split stay. I booked the DDP for the second half which is two nights and have reservations for both Crystal Palace and now Tusker house as I saw it posted yesterday that the ROL package was now available. Obviously I have to cancel one of them. I know Wishes will be discontinued soon but ROL looks good ( despite some less than stellar reviews). We only have the one opportunity to visit one or the other this trip,and I am really torn as to what to do. We own DVC at AKL but for some reason, Animal Kingdom is our least favourite park despite the fact we are animal lovers. Still, I love Chinese lantern shows. I hate holding double reservations so want to cancel one ASAP. Any suggestions?

If I had to pick one or the other....hmmm.... and needed to get a Disney fix quick...it would have to be Wishes, especially the nostalgia and then never seeing it again.

I think in your case do Wishes. This will be the last time you ever see it and ROL will be around for the next at least 10-15 years.

I agree with the others. Since you own DVC, it sounds like you'll be back and ROL should be around for a long time. I would go see Wishes one last time.

I think in your case do Wishes. This will be the last time you ever see it and ROL will be around for the next at least 10-15 years.
Completely agree! Rivers of Light will be around for years, and may well be improved as they get the kinks out of it in the first months or two. Get your last chance to see classic Wishes on this trip and save ROL for next time. And if by some chance ROL were to make a quick exit from the scene and not be around to see next time --well, that would mean it would have had to have been a real clunker and so something you wouldn't want to see over Wishes on this trip! My 2 cents!

Good luck and have fun!

I will be at WDW in March with daughters 12 and 15. Because we are doing a 4 day cruise, our park days are very limited and we are doing a split stay. I booked the DDP for the second half which is two nights and have reservations for both Crystal Palace and now Tusker house as I saw it posted yesterday that the ROL package was now available. Obviously I have to cancel one of them. I know Wishes will be discontinued soon but ROL looks good ( despite some less than stellar reviews). We only have the one opportunity to visit one or the other this trip,and I am really torn as to what to do. We own DVC at AKL but for some reason, Animal Kingdom is our least favourite park despite the fact we are animal lovers. Still, I love Chinese lantern shows. I hate holding double reservations so want to cancel one ASAP. Any suggestions?
Wishes, Wishes, WISHES!
Unless..... You can do both???Depending on park hours, there could be a chance to see ROL and then Wishes if you park hop. So hold on to both reservations for now, until park hours are firmed up in a few weeks, and you can more easily decide which ADR to keep.

I guess wishes it is. Thank you. Glad I did not cancel our dining reservation as we also had lunch booked at BOG. Funny how something disappearing makes it seem appealing again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter