TURO-MCO REVIEWS OR FEEDBACK

nkmorgan87

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are taking our two kids (1 year old and just under 2 years old) in March. We have been to disney plenty of times but always stayed on site and uses magical express. Loss of ME has been one of the biggest dissapointments for us, especially now since we have young kids.

This year the plan is to air b&b and rent a car.

We were steered toward Turo as the rentals seem to be much cheaper, and shows they will drop off vehicle at MCO for us and include car seat rentals so we don't need to bring with us on the plane or check them with luggage

has anyone gone this route? any feedback?

I responded to your post in the January rental thread about what I know of Turo.
I would never trust my kids, especially that young, to car seats I didn't know the history of. I took my then three year old on his plane ride to WDW and was very glad that he was in his own car seat, both on the plane and once we landed. He was comfortable, secured and content in his own seat for the plane ride. When you use another's seat you don't know if it's been in an accident, is expired or anything else.

Seem to recall some other threads on here about Turo, so might look for those. Some people reported disagreements about 'wear/tear' when they returned the vehicle and end up in a dispute with the owner. Personally, I would never rent my car to a stranger so clearly won't ever use their service that way. Renting from a stranger seems to also have several potential issues like what happens if they don't show up when they say when departing and you might miss your flight? What if you encounter mechanical issues? When you use your car to run a business you also need different insurance or the car won't be covered. Need to read the fine print on the agreement to see what you are really getting.

My wife and I are taking our two kids (1 year old and just under 2 years old) in March. We have been to disney plenty of times but always stayed on site and uses magical express. Loss of ME has been one of the biggest dissapointments for us, especially now since we have young kids.

This year the plan is to air b&b and rent a car.

We were steered toward Turo as the rentals seem to be much cheaper, and shows they will drop off vehicle at MCO for us and include car seat rentals so we don't need to bring with us on the plane or check them with luggage

has anyone gone this route? any feedback?
I'd have to ask myself, just why are these rentals much cheaper? You know the old saying, you get what you pay for

I get that, but I also ask myself, why pay almost $200 per day for a mini van from Alamo when I could pay the $60 per day on turo for the same mini van. adding up the cost over the course of a week, it seems like a no brainer. Especially with the overall cot of the vacation, it's nice to save where possible

I guess that's the point of the post. Hoping to find someone who has used the service to get some feedback

I get that, but I also ask myself, why pay almost $200 per day for a mini van from Alamo when I could pay the $60 per day on turo for the same mini van. adding up the cost over the course of a week, it seems like a no brainer. Especially with the overall cot of the vacation, it's nice to save where possible

I guess that's the point of the post. Hoping to find someone who has used the service to get some feedback
When are you going? I've got a Minivan through Hertz for $300 for six days, January 25-30. Have Autoslash find you a better deal. Even using one of the low end rental companies has a much higher floor than what you're going to get through Turo.

See I'd take that deal, we are planning for first week in April
I haven't seen a price that low in my searching, I guess I'll hold out a little longer

See I'd take that deal, we are planning for first week in April
I haven't seen a price that low in my searching, I guess I'll hold out a little longer
I just got an Autoslash quote for 4/2-4/8 picking up a minivan at MCO and it was $600 for Fox. Part of the issue is you're going during Spring Break, part of it is you want a high demand vehicle for MCO. If you're willing to step down to a smaller vehicle, a Chevy Equinox is available for $330 for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter