Turning 13 during cruise, still allowed in Oceaneers?

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
I want to sail the Wish before my eldest ages out of Oceaneers. I have two options, sail two weeks before his birthday when he'll have at least one day off school, or sail over his actual birthday when he'll be turning 13. I might prefer to do his actual birthday just to make it special (and save me from having to plan an additional party at home) but I won't if it means they won't allow him in Oceaneer's once he turns 13. He loves Star Wars and will want to enjoy the themed areas in the club, as well as the Marvel activities, and his younger brother is shy and won't go into the Club without him. We'll have to deal with this if we're going to keep going on Disney cruises at some point, but that's a problem for future me.

So, can he stay in Oceaneers the length of the cruise if he's 12 at the start, or will they kick him out the day he turns 13?

TIA!

Everyone stays the age they were when the cruise sailed even if they have a birthday during the cruise, unless they go to guest services to ask for a change. They will not kick your kid out midcruise.

Everyone stays the age they were when the cruise sailed even if they have a birthday during the cruise, unless they go to guest services to ask for a change. They will not kick your kid out midcruise.
I am not sure this is correct on the cruise (though it is at the parks). I know that guests are no longer allowed in Vibe as soon as they turn 18.

My understanding is that the upper age limits are firm (except for the nursery, which will take kids older than 3 who aren't potty trained and can't go to the Oceaneers Club). Before you plan a trip, you should check with Disney Cruise and try to get a definite answer.

Of course, your sons can still go into the Lab together during Open House, and if your younger son is close to 11 he may be able to go to Edge.

Sorry, but while this is true at the parks, DCL strictly adheres to upper age limits and once the birthday hits the child will age-out of the Club/Lab.

OP, go with the pre-birthday cruise if he wants to be eligible for Club/Lab for the full cruise. He can still attend Edge whenever he’d like as well.

My daughter turned 13 during the Wish and while she couldn't go to Oceaneer's anymore on her actual birthday, she was excited to be permitted access to Vibe (with my registering her there). Plus Oceaneer's has open house almost the entire day of CC, so there are opportunities to visit.

To be honest, the majority of 12 year olds rarely even go to Ocenaeer’s, they usually spend most of their time in Edge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter