• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tumble monkeys return!!!

The show wasn't the same without the tumble monkeys or the aerial act. Hope that comes back soon as well.

Exciting news! We went back in December and while the show was good, it just wasn't as exciting without the tumble monkeys. Looking forward to seeing them when we go in the fall!!!

That's great to hear. I really hope things are back to true normal soon along with some new adds.

Yay! We are planning a trip for Christmas and we LOVE the tumble monkeys. My new son-in-law has never been to Disney and we want him to see the 'real' FOTLK.

UPDATE!!

https://www.clickorlando.com/theme-...ning-to-disneys-festival-of-the-lion-king/#//

Tumble monkeys and aerial acts returning to Disney’s ‘Festival of the Lion King’
Additions return July 16

BAY LAKE, Fla. – The tumble monkeys, aerial acts and much more are returning to Animal Kingdom’s “Festival of the Lion King” show, Disney announced.

On Tuesday, the company said the acrobatic monkeys and aerial bird performers would be coming back on July 16.

The show returned to the theme park back in May in a modified format. Adjustments to the show were made onstage and backstage, including updates to choreography and temporarily pausing some show elements to allow for appropriate physical distancing.

The tumble monkeys act was taken completely out of the show, acrobatic bird performers stayed grounded and guest interactions were not happening.

To prepare for the show’s full return, Disney said on its website that the show at the Harambe Theatre will be unavailable July 5 -15.

so excited! We will be at AK the end of July! Now if only Nemo would open by the time we go, too

Yea, I'll be there the last week in August. I went to the show in April and while I was just happy it was back, I did miss the tumble monkeys. And just an aside - if you wear Mickey ears, please take them off during shows, short adults and kids can not see around them.

Yea, I'll be there the last week in August. I went to the show in April and while I was just happy it was back, I did miss the tumble monkeys. And just an aside - if you wear Mickey ears, please take them off during shows, short adults and kids can not see around them.
We saw the show in April, 2019. To me, the monkeys were the entire performance. Our 2020 and 2021 visit, Festival of the Lion King had not cranked back up. Very much looking forward to our October trip.

We saw the show in April, 2019. To me, the monkeys were the entire performance. Our 2020 and 2021 visit, Festival of the Lion King had not cranked back up. Very much looking forward to our October trip.
We saw the show in April and while the show was good, it just didn't have the same energy as a full show.

We saw the show in April and while the show was good, it just didn't have the same energy as a full show.
Indeed! I recall even when the monkeys weren't performing and they were sitting on the edge of the stage, it was hilarious seeing them picking bugs off each other. Just like real monkeys.

We are beyond thrilled! We had no intentions of seeing the mini version on our July trip, but finally luck was with us, we always miss anything that starts while we're there but this one, the timing is perfect! The 16th will be our last day, we've got reservations for AK and come heck or high water we"ll be there, hopefully for the first show! Now if they'd just open Fantasmic! :)

Although the Tumble Monkeys are OK, the one I'm most excited about is the "dancing birds". I'm assuming that means the one in the picture (although somewhat blurry-sorry!). I'm so excited to see her back-makes me cry every time.

Attachments

• 2A201752-9E53-4E12-AAA1-1778A3A150A7_1_105_c.jpeg
    2A201752-9E53-4E12-AAA1-1778A3A150A7_1_105_c.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter