TSMM Closure Updates?

My friend said there is supposed to be a temporary area for School bread during our stay in a few weeks so I feel a bit lucky for that since I had decided I want to try it this trip.

Oh yeah, I did read there would be a temporary location, I forgot! I'm glad you'll get to try it. It's fun to try. We got lucky on several of the other closures. I told her we won't be able to get within 1,000 miles of Disney World once Star Wars Land opens so we're lucky to be going at this time. I think it will be interesting to see some of the construction going on. We're going to have so much fun. :worship:

I don't know how I missed this! We are going February 18, 20 and 21 and the 18th was our HS/AK day. Already not much left to see at HS these days. Would hate for Nemo to be closed. Hopefully it's back up on the 18th!

Well the more I keep checking the more different dates I keep seeing for its closure. I know Disney likes to surprise people and try to open things as early as they can. We love HS. And yesterday I even got a FP for FOP!!! I couldn't believe it. So happy about that.

I was able to book the extra FPs that I purchased via the pilot for CL today for 4/15,4/16,4/17. TSMM was not available for any of those dates. So I booked RNR. DSS told me to keep checking though. She also told me to keep the two DHS partial days because, "if the rumors are true" I would want the extra time.
My gut is just telling me TSMM will be down and I'll be switching one of those DHS days, but you never know!
Thank you for this info, it is very helpful since you’ll be there the same week we are visiting! Our first park day is 4/13 so I’m guessing it will also be unavailable for us. I’m hoping the rumor that would make you want extra time at HS isn’t that Toy Story Land is opening early only because I don’t want to deal with the crowds:). I was wondering if an earlier opening might be coming when touring plans changed the CL from a 4 to an 8 for our HS day.

Thanks to for that info. Our last park day is 4/15. The only thing we were planning on getting a fastness for is TSMM. I'm curious wen fast passes open up if I'd be able to book. Makes me think of skipping HS altogether. We will see. It would be great if it opened early, but I think that's probably too early.

I booked today for March 20-29 and had no trouble booking TSMM fastpasses. If they decide to close down sooner, I'm assuming they'll give me another tier 1 FP? Normally we rope drop TSMM and FP RNRC but in case they were down to one track or something, and with it being spring break, I just felt better with FP's for Toy Story.

I am booked for TSMM FP for early February. My favorite ride, so I hope I can use my FPs. Sorry tos ee that third track already down. It immensely helps thin the queue.

Ugh, going May 4th to HS, guess I'll be booking RnRC FP not TSM :sad2: We had already made the decision to only do a half day at HS this trip, we are going from 3-9pm. Mostly because we do love browsing the stores there and we have not seen the Star Wars fireworks show. We have ADR for dinner at Mama Melrose, also new for us so we will just have more of an atmosphere trip I guess. Bummed no TSM though. :(

I was able to book the extra FPs that I purchased via the pilot for CL today for 4/15,4/16,4/17. TSMM was not available for any of those dates. So I booked RNR. DSS told me to keep checking though. She also told me to keep the two DHS partial days because, "if the rumors are true" I would want the extra time.
My gut is just telling me TSMM will be down and I'll be switching one of those DHS days, but you never know!

Aw man. Our DHS day was supposed to be 4/15. Sounds like the park may end up being a wash for us. We have small kids - neither can go on RNRC and I don't know if it's worth it for only the one who's tall enough for ToT. They like shows, but ALL shows? meh. Maybe time to rethink and plan a 2nd day elsewhere.

I asked about TSMM FP availability and if I should just keep checking via email to DSS. This is the response:

For Toy Story Mania! you can absolutely continue to check for availability, however at this time we are anticipating some refurbishment time for the attraction due to the opening of new experiences at Disney's Hollywood Studios this summer!

Just to add a bit more info. Talked today with DSS and TSMM was not available for the extra fast passes on 4/10 either.

Aww - we are in the world 4/18-4/23....was really open atleast one track would be open...maybe it will be but just no FP....

We'll be there the first week of April...not sure what my plan for a third fp would be without TSMM.

I booked today for March 20-29 and had no trouble booking TSMM fastpasses. If they decide to close down sooner, I'm assuming they'll give me another tier 1 FP? Normally we rope drop TSMM and FP RNRC but in case they were down to one track or something, and with it being spring break, I just felt better with FP's for Toy Story.

This is good to know, thanks. I wonder if they are going try and have part of it open the two weeks around Easter but closed outside of that.

The week of April 22nd lists no Studio refurbishments (MK lists riverboat). So hopefully that means it will be open. If not we would probably skip the Studio as that leaves very little to do.

I booked my fastpasses this morning. I was able to book a FP+ for TSMM on 4/3. I checked, TSMM had available fastpasses up until 4/7. On 4/8, it started with no available fp.

Good intel, thanks.

Well, they're going to have to close it down completely at some point, to be ready to incorporate it into Toy Story Land, right? The entrance has to change entirely, and so on. I think that's part of what they're doing now, but I would imagine there'll be a point that it has to be fully closed off. I'm surprised that it's that early, though, if the Memorial Day opening rumors are true.

Otoh, if you build in possible cast previews, possible passholder previews, etc., maybe it's the right timing? We shall see ... Hoping for an announcement soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter