TSMM Closure Updates?

DrankTheKool-Aid

Earning My Ears
I’m curious if anyone has heard any additional information on the TSMM closure schedule leading up to Toy Story Land opening? Are FP+ still being issued for 60 days from now? Does anyone know what happens if you book a FP at 60 days and then the ride ends up being closed for that day? Our FP window opens in a couple weeks so I’m trying to get a little organized before then:). Thank you!

It's already in a partial closure as (I believe) the third track is closed while they plan and move the entrance into Toy Story Land. The queue is also partially closed forcing them to used the outside area down Pixar Place for queue. All that being the case, I believe that when there are closures in order to move the entrance, they will be fairly short. I'd go ahead and take my chances trying to book what you can. Worst case scenario is if you lose your FP because of closure they'll issue another for any other Tier 1 ride.

It's already in a partial closure as (I believe) the third track is closed while they plan and move the entrance into Toy Story Land. The queue is also partially closed forcing them to used the outside area down Pixar Place for queue. All that being the case, I believe that when there are closures in order to move the entrance, they will be fairly short. I'd go ahead and take my chances trying to book what you can. Worst case scenario is if you lose your FP because of closure they'll issue another for any other Tier 1 ride.
The third track is currently closed and the other two will go down in a few weeks time. After that, the entire thing will be closed and will probably remain closed until Toy Story Land opens this Summer.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2018/01/toy-s...are-toy-story-land-opening-hollywood-studios/

I was able to book the extra FPs that I purchased via the pilot for CL today for 4/15,4/16,4/17. TSMM was not available for any of those dates. So I booked RNR. DSS told me to keep checking though. She also told me to keep the two DHS partial days because, "if the rumors are true" I would want the extra time.
My gut is just telling me TSMM will be down and I'll be switching one of those DHS days, but you never know!

I was able to book the extra FPs that I purchased via the pilot for CL today for 4/15,4/16,4/17. TSMM was not available for any of those dates. So I booked RNR. DSS told me to keep checking though. She also told me to keep the two DHS partial days because, "if the rumors are true" I would want the extra time.
My gut is just telling me TSMM will be down and I'll be switching one of those DHS days, but you never know!
This is interesting, thanks for sharing. I can’t imagine they will fully shut the ride for long so hopefully they will open toy story land in May! Still waiting for a definite confirmation on that!

We are going at a time where both Kali River Rapids and Finding Nemo show are both closed. It wouldn't let me book FP for either of those, and there was a small message beside both of those that said FP was unavailable for them. For FOP it states something along the lines of there aren't anymore FP left, but standby could be available. So if Disney knows which dates they want for the full closure, I don't think the system will let you book a FP at all. You would likely get the unavailable message.

I was able to book FP+ for TSMM for March 1st however even at the 60 days window, the earliest I could get is around 2:30pm

We are going May 13-20th, is it safe to assume that we will NOT be riding TSMM due to the closure? I've heard opening of TSL is predicted to be Memorial Day, if so we will be just missing out. Same thing happened last year with Pandora, we were there when they were doing previews and the CM allowed us to take a peak though we weren't allowed to enter.

We are going at a time where both Kali River Rapids and Finding Nemo show are both closed. It wouldn't let me book FP for either of those, and there was a small message beside both of those that said FP was unavailable for them. For FOP it states something along the lines of there aren't anymore FP left, but standby could be available. So if Disney knows which dates they want for the full closure, I don't think the system will let you book a FP at all. You would likely get the unavailable message.
When is Nemo going to closed?

I have a FP for TSMM for January 31st. That article made it sound like it could be closed by then.

I have been very nervous about this. We are staying February 24-March 14 and made our FPs on December 26. I was able to book Toy Story Mania for all three of our HS days, but after this closure news has come out I have been worried they will close it while we are there. A PP mentioned getting another FP for Tier 1 if they close it, would this be a paper FP we'd have to ask for or would it show up in MDE?

I have a FP for TSMM for January 31st. That article made it sound like it could be closed by then.

Last time I checked Finding Nemo show is closed Feb 8 to Feb 18 but I haven't checked in a while. While my mom and I are there, (last time I checked), Finding Nemo, Kali River Rapids, Liberty Boat, Kringla Norway Bakery, America Adventure in America Pavillion, and something else I can't think of are closed. But we're really lucky to be able to go. So, anywho, I'm going to check the closure list again. :flower1: Hopefully it's changed! :yay:

I just checked and it says Finding Nemo show is closed from Feb. 4 until TBD (To Be Determined). And I saw the one I forgot. It's the bird show at DAK, used to be Flights of Wonder, now will be based on the movie Up. So we're hoping everything else will remain open! And actually even with all of that we got lucky on some of the other scheduled closures.

I got FPs for it for March. I am not sure the entire thing will ever close down completely but it will have increased waits until Toy Story Land opens as not all three tracks will be open until then.

Last time I checked Finding Nemo show is closed Feb 8 to Feb 18 but I haven't checked in a while. While my mom and I are there, (last time I checked), Finding Nemo, Kali River Rapids, Liberty Boat, Kringla Norway Bakery, America Adventure in America Pavillion, and something else I can't think of are closed. But we're really lucky to be able to go. So, anywho, I'm going to check the closure list again. :flower1: Hopefully it's changed! :yay:

My friend said there is supposed to be a temporary area for School bread during our stay in a few weeks so I feel a bit lucky for that since I had decided I want to try it this trip.

Last time I checked Finding Nemo show is closed Feb 8 to Feb 18

I just checked and it says Finding Nemo show is closed from Feb. 4 until TBD (To Be Determined).

I don't know how I missed this! We are going February 18, 20 and 21 and the 18th was our HS/AK day. Already not much left to see at HS these days. Would hate for Nemo to be closed. Hopefully it's back up on the 18th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter