TSMM at 8:00 am Rope Drop

ebshelt

Earning My Ears
Has anyone experienced the rush to TSMM during Extra Magic Hours Rope Drop? I've read about how crazy the stampede is at 9:00, but I can't find any info about what it is like at 8:00. The same??

We have a FP for later in the day, but I really think my kids would like to ride it twice. They are early to rise, early to bed kids, so we won't be staying until park close. Early morning hours is our best bet to ride twice, but I just can't decide if it is worth it to fight through the crowd.

We will have a stroller (kids age 3 and 5), so we will have to park the stroller, get the kids out, and then make our way with the crowd to the queue. Can anyone speak to what the crowds are usually like at 8 am? We are going in late September.

Has anyone experienced the rush to TSMM during Extra Magic Hours Rope Drop? I've read about how crazy the stampede is at 9:00, but I can't find any info about what it is like at 8:00. The same??

We have a FP for later in the day, but I really think my kids would like to ride it twice. They are early to rise, early to bed kids, so we won't be staying until park close. Early morning hours is our best bet to ride twice, but I just can't decide if it is worth it to fight through the crowd.

We will have a stroller (kids age 3 and 5), so we will have to park the stroller, get the kids out, and then make our way with the crowd to the queue. Can anyone speak to what the crowds are usually like at 8 am? We are going in late September.

I would love to know the answer to this question too!

How late do you plan to stay in the park? In late Sept, it seems that the park generally closes at 9, with Fantasmic at 8. The line for Toy Story should decrease significantly about a half hour before Fantasmic starts.

In early summer, we were able to ride Toy Story 5 times in one day. Once with a FP+, then 4 times in the evening in about an hour when most everyone else was at the show.

The posted wait time was 75 minutes, but the actual wait was 15 of less each time. We found this alternate strategy to be a very efficient use of time.

I don't think we will be there that late. Late nights and my kids just don't mix, even at disney. Maybe they will surprise me and take naps and be able to stay up late (and not be grouchy the next day !!), but I am not planning on it! They are up with the sun no matter what, so we are most likely going to be most efficient with the morning and early afternoon hours.

Since no one seems to have an answer about the 8:00 crowds, maybe that means no one has been there at 8:00 am and therefore I could assume the crowds are really low????

Since no one seems to have an answer about the 8:00 crowds, maybe that means no one has been there at 8:00 am and therefore I could assume the crowds are really low????

I'd not read to much into "no one" having an answer.

THE attraction that "everyone" heads to first at DHS is TSMM.

Depending on the date, there will be greater or fewer AM EMH guests, but those who are there will be en route to TSM.

Be sure to be there early before the AM EMH opening time and you will be able to ride TSMM… along with hundreds of your closest friends.

;)

In early August we were at DHS on an AM EMH Saturday.

Since they did the little Frozen show the crowd was held up there before being allowed down to TSMM. There were a lot of people, but we went with the flow and were on and off the ride by 8:15.

The fact that there are no FP returns before 9 AM helps to move the standby line along.

If you want to have the chance to ride TSMM twice, that's your best bet. If you are there in the initial wave of people, don't let the posted wait time deter you. With that many people arriving the wait time will obviously grow quickly, so they often start it at 20 minutes and quickly raise it to 40 or longer. But, in that first 5-10 minutes the actual wait time will probably be more like 10 minutes.

We plan to be trying this with the hordes of others at morning EMH on October 4.

I am hoping they ditch the Frozen welcome show by then! Not that I have anything against Frozen; I've just read how it's messed up rope drop at DHS.

We went a year ago this time before the frozen craze, and on the cusp of fast pass plus and magic bands. We got there at rope drop, I can't recall if it was 8:00 or 9:00. But we followed the unwashed masses to Tsm and waited maybe 5 minutes in line. Getting off the ride, the wait was really building so I recommend making a bee line and you should be fine.

I don't think we will be there that late. Late nights and my kids just don't mix, even at disney. Maybe they will surprise me and take naps and be able to stay up late (and not be grouchy the next day !!), but I am not planning on it! They are up with the sun no matter what, so we are most likely going to be most efficient with the morning and early afternoon hours.

yep, we've been there for the 8am opening, even first in the line one day:) We always get to the parks first thing and practically walk on all the rides. We did thi s last November, and are going again this November! There is a rush to TSM, but a brisk walk will get you a walk on or 2 before the line is crazy!!!! I am not a marathon runner. I am 64 y/o and have arthritis, so I walked at a brisk pace, but did not try to run or race:confused3 So, I think if you get there first thing in the am you will not have any problems. We never have, even with the big name attractions. Good luckpixiedust:

We went to RD for AM EMH in April, so this was obviously before all the Frozen stuff. We headed directly to Jedi Training sign ups, were second in line for that. Then we headed to TSMM around 8:05. We had about a 15 minute wait. I love AM EMH, you shouldn't have too long of a wait! Good luck. About half the people are heading to RnRC or ToT and not TSMM.

When we did AM EMH in August we did TSMM, RNRC (single rider) and TOT all before 9 AM. Of course we then had to leave the park because I read on these boards that you are only allowed to do 3 rides.

We went to DHS in August on a EMH 8 am. We rode TSM twice- once with a fast pass and once near the rope drop. We first signed up for Jedi Academy and then walked over to TSM around 8:20-8:30 to get in the stand by line. The stand by line by that time was about 20 minutes or shorter. It wasn't very long at all, we probably stood right outside the door of TSM when we got there around 8:30 am. So, we got to ride it and make it back to our return time for the first Jedi Academy show all done before 9 am which was great.

EMH days only require a nightstick as opposed to the jailhouse shiv needed at 9am.

I'll still be laughing about this comment when I'm there in December at rope drop

BuzzinDownToDisney said:
EMH days only require a nightstick as opposed to the jailhouse shiv needed at 9am.

Funniest comment in ages, we went to AK rope drop, swore I would never do another one lol, trying emh in Jan for at least AK I will remember my night stick.

Funniest comment in ages, we went to AK rope drop, swore I would never do another one lol,

WHEN did you do that?

Disney's Animal Kingdom has not had a formal "rope drop ceremony" for a couple of years, now.
Arriving at DAK or Epcot (the two parks without a "rope drop ceremony") early in the mornings should be a positive experience.

When we did AM EMH in August we did TSMM, RNRC (single rider) and TOT all before 9 AM. Of course we then had to leave the park because I read on these boards that you are only allowed to do 3 rides.

You are kidding about the 3 rides right? :rotfl2:

You can ride all you want, just 3 initial FP+ reservations. Standby is unlimited. Just wanted to clarify this for someone reading that doesn't know better.

Just some initial background: I have ridden TSMM in excess of 1000+ times (more like 1303, who is counting anyway) so I may have some insight into rope drop and basically anything surrounding riding the attraction in general.

Now the EMH rope drop tends to be slightly less crowded than a normal one up until right before the drop then all of the sudden it is almost the same crowd during peak times. During more off times, Jan, Feb, couple weeks between holidays EMH is definitely way less crowded but still picks up to a normal crowd before 9am.

Now if you plan on just riding twice, I would suggest completely avoid trying to get a fastpass, every one at drop is trying to get them so usually if you are pretty close to the front you only wait about 15 min or less; someone crazy like me will just about walk right on. Then after the first ride get right back in line while everyone waits for a fastpass. Other times when the line is actually short but the sign will continue to say 70+ is when LMA is just starting, especially during lunch time area like 1pm. Also during Fantasmic is usually not to bad <30min but the posted time will still be 60min+.

Most people waste their time trying to get a fastpass when you really you can walk right on and go get a fastpass for RRC or TOT. Another little tidbit would be to use the smaller arch on the left when they walk everyone through animation courtyard, everyone will be on the right hand side for the FP. Good luck!

These are just my two cents if you have any questions let me know. Also check out my signature if you want to dominate every one in your family.

WHEN did you do that?

Disney's Animal Kingdom has not had a formal "rope drop ceremony" for a couple of years, now.
Arriving at DAK or Epcot (the two parks without a "rope drop ceremony") early in the mornings should be a positive experience.

Just some initial background: I have ridden TSMM in excess of 1000+ times (more like 1303, who is counting anyway) so I may have some insight into rope drop and basically anything surrounding riding the attraction in general.

Now the EMH rope drop tends to be slightly less crowded than a normal one up until right before the drop then all of the sudden it is almost the same crowd during peak times. During more off times, Jan, Feb, couple weeks between holidays EMH is definitely way less crowded but still picks up to a normal crowd before 9am.

Now if you plan on just riding twice, I would suggest completely avoid trying to get a fastpass, every one at drop is trying to get them so usually if you are pretty close to the front you only wait about 15 min or less; someone crazy like me will just about walk right on. Then after the first ride get right back in line while everyone waits for a fastpass. Other times when the line is actually short but the sign will continue to say 70+ is when LMA is just starting, especially during lunch time area like 1pm. Also during Fantasmic is usually not to bad <30min but the posted time will still be 60min+.

Most people waste their time trying to get a fastpass when you really you can walk right on and go get a fastpass for RRC or TOT. Another little tidbit would be to use the smaller arch on the left when they walk everyone through animation courtyard, everyone will be on the right hand side for the FP. Good luck!

These are just my two cents if you have any questions let me know. Also check out my signature if you want to dominate every one in your family.

Epcot is not a positive experience if your coming through the IG. I do not enjoy watching the entire crowd from the front gate load onto Soarin' before I do.

Homie -legacy FP's have been gone for months. There is no line or FP machines anymore.

Homie -legacy FP's have been gone for months. There is no line or FP machines anymore.

My mistake, I moved away from town last January and they had just starting using magic bands and haven't paid attention since. Experiencing them in December so I better start reading about them. Thanks for the correction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter