TSMM and ToT at rope drop. WWYD?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
We have late night fast passes for ToT but I really want to open that spot for 4th fp's so will have to ride standby. We are doing HS on a day that has EMM so there will already be some people in the park at opening (although I have been advised that it is not that many). My first thought is to get to TSMM and then on to ToT. Now I am thinking we may be better off not getting held up in the crowds heading to SDD and we should go to ToT, THEN TSMM. If we got off of ToT at say 9:20 what do you think the wait would be like at TSMM? This is for next Wednesday.

I would go to TSMM first. Yes the group will be big walking toward Toy Story Land but as you get to it you will be able to break off from the crowd and ride TSMM quickly, and then head to TOT. If you do TOT first you will be behind everyone who got to Toy Story Land first, did the new ride/s first, and then went to TSMM.

I would do TSMM first. I agree with the above poster most people headed to toy story land are headed to SDD. However, i would keep the ToT fastpass and try refreshing and see if you can get an earlier time. Like while your standing in line for TSMM just keep refreshing. Some people have better luck while in the park. Even if you only see one 15 minutes earlier grab it and then refresh again. I did this in epcot for character spot. I saw one for 5:30 and i knew we were going to be gone by then but grabbed it anyway. Then i refreshed a couple of times and got one for 4:30, then again for 4:15, then again for 3:30, then again for 2:45......oh look time to go to character spot. I would keep it until you decide to get into the line for ToT then i would just modify it to something else you want.

I also vote for TSMM first. By the time you get off and head toward TOT, it will still be early and I have found TOT to be much more accessible early. If people are going down Sunset Blvd, they're often heading towards RNRR. And refresh is a great strategy to just slowly move up those FPs.

We have late night fast passes for ToT but I really want to open that spot for 4th fp's so will have to ride standby. We are doing HS on a day that has EMM so there will already be some people in the park at opening (although I have been advised that it is not that many). My first thought is to get to TSMM and then on to ToT. Now I am thinking we may be better off not getting held up in the crowds heading to SDD and we should go to ToT, THEN TSMM. If we got off of ToT at say 9:20 what do you think the wait would be like at TSMM? This is for next Wednesday.
Why not just try to modify your existing ToT FP's to an earlier time? Or, since it looks like the plan is to add additional FP's throughout the day, add it that day as 4th+?

Why not just try to modify your existing ToT FP's to an earlier time? Or, since it looks like the plan is to add additional FP's throughout the day, add it that day as 4th+?
I have been trying to modify it for over a month and will continue to do so. I read somewhere that ToT is only running one elevator so capacity is way down.

I have been trying to modify it for over a month and will continue to do so. I read somewhere that ToT is only running one elevator so capacity is way down.

Night before and day of typically offer the most movement in FP's as people are changing their plans. It could be a bit more difficult if you're a large group but I'd rely on refreshing to either move it up or add it day of. I took a quick look now and this took about 4 minutes to get by grabbing a later time and moving it up in a couple of steps.

Screenshot_20190327-132017_Disney World.jpg

Head to TSMM first. If you do ToT, you will be backed up at TSMM quite a bit. ToT builds a wait, but if you RD TSMM, you will be off quickly and then over to ToT with hopefully not a huge wait.
Also, refresh. However, I had terrible luck with ToT in my recent trip and couldn't pull any FP. I was by myself and spent ridiculous amounts of time refreshing. I would still say to try, especially as you must have others you will have to use as you might be able to move it up.

Note: ToT is closing half of the ride for the next few weeks for refurb I believe (not sure of the exact dates), so expect wait times to be up to double what they normally would be.

If that wasn't the case, I'd definitely recommend TSMM first, as ToT doesn't usually get as busy early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter