• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TSMM and Genie Pass

Friend of a Mouse

Braille: To touch words and have them touch you ba
I had read about the TSMM FP+ Only test and was curious how that worked with the Genie Pass? I have a little boy I am a wish granter for who is getting a wish granted to go to Disney. He is obsessed with Buzz Lightyear. I had mentioned what I heard to my coordinator and she is working with the Orlando office to make sure that we get him on TSMM somehow. But for my own curiosity, I was wondering if they are allowing the genie pass along with the FP+ since many of our families are not making FP+ reservations. I'm not even sure how they would go about doing so since they get their tickets through GKTW.

Also curious about experiences staying off site from Give Kids. Due to the timing of the wish, they may need to as Give Kids is booked. Any tips we can pass along to them to make sure they have a fantastic trip?

I had read about the TSMM FP+ Only test and was curious how that worked with the Genie Pass? I have a little boy I am a wish granter for who is getting a wish granted to go to Disney. He is obsessed with Buzz Lightyear. I had mentioned what I heard to my coordinator and she is working with the Orlando office to make sure that we get him on TSMM somehow. But for my own curiosity, I was wondering if they are allowing the genie pass along with the FP+ since many of our families are not making FP+ reservations. I'm not even sure how they would go about doing so since they get their tickets through GKTW. Also curious about experiences staying off site from Give Kids. Due to the timing of the wish, they may need to as Give Kids is booked. Any tips we can pass along to them to make sure they have a fantastic trip?

Genie pass is a magical thing for wish kids. He should be allowed into the fp+ line no problem. Genie passes work very different than DAS or FP+ and all CMs are taught to treat people with Genie passes with a little extra magic because we all know (or at least should know) what that pass means.

Just had a friend that went on a Wish trip. Every door was opened for him and his family, as it should be.

I had read about the TSMM FP+ Only test

It was a four day test that ended October 9. It will not affect an upcoming trip - but as others have described, the Genie Card generally outranks even a FastPass.

Thanks! I figured, but when I worked there we did not have FP+ so I didn't want to make any assumptions.

Thanks! I figured, but when I worked there we did not have FP+ so I didn't want to make any assumptions.

I just wanted to add that a family we know came back from a wish trip recently and they where allowed on everything they wanted and they got help with meeting characters ( even the ones that don't offer FP).

I visited Disney in 2012 with my (then) six year-old daughter who had recently been diagnosed with a rate, degenerative, and terminal illness that is currently without a cure. We were not on a Wish trip, and paid for everything out-of-pocket, but were given a pass that allowed us to go to the front of most lines. This was a Godsend, as 1) she is unable to spend a full day in a park without a significant rest period, even when using a jogging stroller; 2) we needed to return to our hotel room to refill her liquid oxygen tanks and refresh the ice packets keeping her medicine cold, and 3) she cannot stand the heat for extended periods of time. We had a wonderful experience and made some fabulous memories. Fast-forward to this year and, thankfully, she is still with us and we are saving for a return trip to Disney this summer. However, while I recognize that people were abusing the "old system," I am hearing negative reviews about navigating the park with the new rules. Can someone explain the difference between a disabilities/medical pass and a Genie pass? How do I go about obtaining one? I am more than willing to provide medical documentation as needed. Please advise!

I visited Disney in 2012 with my (then) six year-old daughter who had recently been diagnosed with a rate, degenerative, and terminal illness that is currently without a cure. We were not on a Wish trip, and paid for everything out-of-pocket, but were given a pass that allowed us to go to the front of most lines. This was a Godsend, as 1) she is unable to spend a full day in a park without a significant rest period, even when using a jogging stroller; 2) we needed to return to our hotel room to refill her liquid oxygen tanks and refresh the ice packets keeping her medicine cold, and 3) she cannot stand the heat for extended periods of time. We had a wonderful experience and made some fabulous memories. Fast-forward to this year and, thankfully, she is still with us and we are saving for a return trip to Disney this summer. However, while I recognize that people were abusing the "old system," I am hearing negative reviews about navigating the park with the new rules. Can someone explain the difference between a disabilities/medical pass and a Genie pass? How do I go about obtaining one? I am more than willing to provide medical documentation as needed. Please advise!

Genie Pass is only given to children on Wish Trips through specific organizations. You can't get one as an average guest. Disney doesn't actually pass them out anymore - the organization does. Disney will not require medical documentation or use it.

I would suggest looking at the sticky at the top of the forum about the DAS and reading around here for tips on how to use it with FP+.

The "Genie Pass" is is given to children on an official "Wish Trip" -- I'm not sure if it's restricted to Make A Wish or if other wish-granting organizations use it as well. It is not something that anyone at WDW can give to any family, it simply is not available onsite and must be provided by the wish-granting organization.

The current system in use for those with disabilities is the DAS. You'll find more information about it in the "WDW - Disability Access Service Card (DAS)" thread that is stuck (pinned) near the top of this forum. The first post details the program, so you do not have to read the many multiple pages of discussion that occurred during the transition time.

You can still get a Stroller-as-Wheelchair tag. You'll also want to make use of your pre-planned FP+ each day. No documentation is needed, and likely would not be reviewed even if provided. You'll have to explain her needs as related to waiting in a standard queue environment. If those needs are strictly mobility/stamina related, the stroller-tag will likely be the accommodation. If she has other, invisible, needs that prevent her from waiting in a line, the DAS card allows the guest and party to obtain a "return time" for each ride that is equivalent to the standby-wait minus 10 minutes. When used in conjunction with FP+, many people find this works quite well.

Enjoy your vacation!

The "Genie Pass" is is given to children on an official "Wish Trip" -- I'm not sure if it's restricted to Make A Wish or if other wish-granting organizations use it as well. It is not something that anyone at WDW can give to any family, it simply is not available onsite and must be provided by the wish-granting organization.

The current system in use for those with disabilities is the DAS. You'll find more information about it in the "WDW - Disability Access Service Card (DAS)" thread that is stuck (pinned) near the top of this forum. The first post details the program, so you do not have to read the many multiple pages of discussion that occurred during the transition time.

You can still get a Stroller-as-Wheelchair tag. You'll also want to make use of your pre-planned FP+ each day. No documentation is needed, and likely would not be reviewed even if provided. You'll have to explain her needs as related to waiting in a standard queue environment. If those needs are strictly mobility/stamina related, the stroller-tag will likely be the accommodation. If she has other, invisible, needs that prevent her from waiting in a line, the DAS card allows the guest and party to obtain a "return time" for each ride that is equivalent to the standby-wait minus 10 minutes. When used in conjunction with FP+, many people find this works quite well.

Enjoy your vacation!
Disney's information just says 'wish granting organizations', but it is not all wish granting organizations - just ones that Disney has a relationship with.
That includes Make a Wish and a well known British organization called Dreamflight. I know some are not included, but the ones people have mentioned not getting a Genie pass from are generally ones on the lists of charities that do not contribute a large quantity of donated money to actually granting wishes.
As was already mentioned, Disney does not have the Genie passes - they are issued directly by the wish granting organizations.

We've been on 4 long trips now using DAS and find it works quite well when used with Fastpass Plus. Using a touring plan from a website like www.touringplans.com or www.easywdw.com will also be very helpful.

You may not be aware, but there is a First Aid in every park and they can store extra supplies or refrigerated medications for you.

Disney's information just says 'wish granting organizations', but it is not all wish granting organizations - just ones that Disney has a relationship with.
That includes Make a Wish and a well known British organization called Dreamflight. I know some are not included, but the ones people have mentioned not getting a Genie pass from are generally ones on the lists of charities that do not contribute a large quantity of donated money to actually granting wishes.
As was already mentioned, Disney does not have the Genie passes - they are issued directly by the wish granting organizations.

We've been on 4 long trips now using DAS and find it works quite well when used with Fastpass Plus. Using a touring plan from a website like www.touringplans.com or www.easywdw.com will also be very helpful.

You may not be aware, but there is a First Aid in every park and they can store extra supplies or refrigerated medications for you.

Yes, if you are going through a wish granting organization, they will give you the genie pass- Disney doesn't give them out, the wish granting organization gives them out.
However, not ALL wish granting organizations have them. Someone posted here a while back about how they went to Disney on a wish trip from an organization and expected they would have the genie pass but were not given one and were just issued the standard DAS, like all disabled guests can receive. So, not all wish granting organizations give out the das. The wish granting organization has to have a special relationship with Disney for Disney to give them genie passes to give to the kids in their organization.

Yes, if you are going through a wish granting organization, they will give you the genie pass- Disney doesn't give them out, the wish granting organization gives them out.
However, not ALL wish granting organizations have them. Someone posted here a while back about how they went to Disney on a wish trip from an organization and expected they would have the genie pass but were not given one and were just issued the standard DAS, like all disabled guests can receive. So, not all wish granting organizations give out the das. The wish granting organization has to have a special relationship with Disney for Disney to give them genie passes to give to the kids in their organization.
this is a link to the thread - it was Kid's Wish that did not have a relationship with Disney
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3339376

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter