ts seating a large group

sunflowerfields

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting Disney as a family of sixteen. We plan to split up during the day but would like to eat together our table service meal in the evenings. Is it possible to get seating for sixteen people, or would it be better to sit in smaller groups at the same restaurant? Just interested in how that worked out if anyone has done this. Many thanks for replies.

1) You could try to get a big table.
2) But, you will have better luck by splitting up.
3) Of course, you could do Food Courts for the meal and not have to worry about finding seats together.

I've booked a party of 13 before and got everything we wanted. Your best bet is to call as the agent can see the availability of both the larger number and "two tables of 8" that they can then link together. You'll also be better off going with the earliest seating possible. It cuts down on waiting for the right combination of tables to open up.

We go with large parties often. Minimum 10 and have gotten up to 16. I have gotten reservations for 16 and have done well with two reservations of 8. They sit you together even if you have two reservations if they can. I would pick restaurants that could hold a big group. We have done well with large parties at Ohana, 1900PF, Via Napoli, Biergarten, Tusker House, Grand Floridian Café and Tonys Town Square.

We had a group of 18 over Thanksgiving last year. We only did a few sit down meals together through the trip. We did Ohana, Hollywood and Vine and Margaritaville at US. While we were planning everyone said they wanted to have big meals together, but once we got down to setting ADRs, no one wanted to take that much park time to stop and meet for table service meals. I scheduled at 180 days and did not have any trouble getting the ADRs we wanted for that large of a group.

Thank you all for the replies. We are bringing our 4 children and our grandchildren and right now they are saying we should all eat together at night. Our children have never been so they may very well get there and realize they don't want to take that much time out to eat all together. I hadn't even thought of that. These replies give me more options to think about and I appreciate the responses.

Make your reservation for the opening time of the restaurant, or no later than 30 minutes after opening for the best possibility of seating together or at adjoining tables. Either that or very late (before closing time).

We've done two recent trips as a group of 12 and sat as a group at Tusker House, Sci Fi (two cars side by side), the Plaza, Via Napoli, Akershus, BOG, and Biergarten.

We had 19 at our wedding. We did Raglan Road - warning noisy for a large group, Tusker House. That was nice because they put us in a separate semi private room. We also did Citricos. They were awesome and assigned us 2 servers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter