• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TS Breakfast Recommendations, Please!

bigeyedfish

Mouseketeer
I am wanting to do one (possibly two) TS breakfasts during our stay. We have a late start morning planned after DAH which would be perfect, or our last morning may also work (we will head to a park afterwards, but I will let the kids choose the night before which park they want to revisit). A character breakfast might be fun, but isn’t necessary. Signature dining isn’t necessary, but I would like good quality. Recommendations? TY!

The Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno is fantastic. It’s a character meal (Ariel and Prince Eric, plus Rapunzel and Flynn Rider), but isn’t a buffet. The food was of a great quality when my DP and I ate there last year, as were the character interactions. You get a plate of pastries (and seasonal fruit I think) for the table to share, and then can choose an entree from the menu. Really fun and tasty meal. :)

My favorite breakfast at WDW is The Wave at the Contemporary. Love the buffet - sweet potato pancakes with honey pecan butter and grits with Tillamook cheddar cheese and bacon - I'm not a big grits fan, but I went back for seconds of these. You can order from the menu, too, nice, relaxing atmosphere, super easy to get to and seems easy to get last minute ADRs. I've really enjoyed lunch and dinner here, too - The Wave has become a go-to place for me. No characters, but that also makes it less costly.

For characters, I enjoyed breakfast at Tusker House at AK. Good food with some uncommon choices, and Donald, Mickey, Goofy and Daisy in Safari gear.

I've always wanted to try 1900 Park Fare but it just hasn't worked out; same situation with Boma.

I love Kona Café at the Polynesian. Several great food choices, but it's the Kona Press Pot coffee that really does it for me. I'm a coffee lover, and IMO it's the best cup of joe on Disney property.

We like 'Ohana in the Poly for our departure day.

I do not see where you are staying but on your late morning a late breakfast at Cape May Cafe might be nice. I like 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. I think this was my Girls favorite breakfast.

If you want a meal in the parks consider Garden Grill in Epcot.

We are staying at CBR! I tentatively have Kona Cafe booked for our late start MK day (the menu looks fabulous and I am a coffee lover), TY!

Still mulling over our last day.

We like 1900PF at Grand Floridian and Bon Voyage at Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk best for food and the character interactions are good.

If it is a Sunday California Grill Brunch is unquestionably the best breakfast in the world. They have a full "buffet" with everything from sushi to charcuterie and then you can order as many entrees as you'd like. Plus bottomless Mimosas!

For non-signatures we love The Wave as it has a small buffet that has amazing key lime eggs benedict and sweet potato pancakes. You can order from a regular menu too. Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe are other favorites too.

Seconding Bon Voyage breakfast! Great interactions, and the food is good too. It's not a buffet, but I think it may be All You Care to Eat--when we ate there, my husband mentioned that he was having a hard time deciding between two entrees, and she brought him both. :) And not overly expensive either, comparatively.

I have Boma breakfast booked after my DAH night, but I am staying at AKL. I am really looking forward to trying it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter