Trying to Purchase AP, Not Going to Cart

MrPTato

DIS Veteran
Trying to purchase some Gold APs but every time I add to the cart, it takes me to an empty cart. Anyone experience this before? I tried even regular tickets and my cart is always empty. I am signed is as I can see the option for Gold AP.

I tried to chat, but there is never anyone available.

I was in the same boat, couldn't buy any tickets, couldn't book non DVC rooms online. Went round and round with tech support and they never did resolve so I need to call. They had told me they were working on an update that should fix the problem by the end of that week, but since that was almost 2 months ago I am not holding out hope of ever having the ability to do these things online.

FWIW, I recently purchased two GOLD passes online (before the 13 month offer expired). Did not have a problem. I logged into MDE first and then used the annual passes link at the bottom left of the page. Just for fun, I just now pretended I wanted to buy another online sing that same process. Got all the way to the Purchase Button without a problem. Then I cancelled the transaction rather than actually purcahse. I used my laptop & chrome browser, not an app and not my tablet or phone.

No idea why some of you have trouble - Disney's IT must have a huge challenge trying to figure out why some have problems and some do not.

In any event, if you are having trouble, it's probably better & faster to just call MS to make the purchase rather than count on Tech Support or a system update to make online purchases possible for you. YMHO. YMMV. I know it's frustrating!

Oh, I agree. I just call first now. However I am not letting them off the hook, I still chat with tech support and expect that at some point they will figure out what the issue is and implement a fix. And I too use a laptop and chrome browser.
Edited to add, when my DH logs on, same browser, same network, exact same laptop, etc... he is able to do all of the things I can't..I feel so discriminated against!

Last edited:
Been having this problem on a Mac (Safari and Chrome) as well as a PC laptop using Chrome. I HATE calling to buy things

Sorry, I was thinking when I tried to re-new my AP. That was about 10 months ago, maybe they have made a few improvement with all the updates they have done in the past few months.

Ah, mine was a new purchase.
Something frustrating that is worth mentioning is that you can use at most 2 forms of payments, and giftcards cap out at $1000. So if you are getting giftcards at 5% off at targdt, you have to order APs one at a time.

Been having this problem on a Mac (Safari and Chrome) as well as a PC laptop using Chrome. I HATE calling to buy things
We are having the same issue.
Tried the chat. Asked what browser. When i said safari and chrome on 2 laptops and an iphone they said we have to call.

Ah, mine was a new purchase.
Something frustrating that is worth mentioning is that you can use at most 2 forms of payments, and giftcards cap out at $1000. So if you are getting giftcards at 5% off at targdt, you have to order APs one at a time.
Are you using Target Redcard to get 5% off?

Are you using Target Redcard to get 5% off?

Yes. A tip from experience. Using the website, buy 1 physical $100 giftcard, and then 9 $100 e-giftcards. Total cost is $950 and they all transfer into one $1000 card in about 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter