trying to plan surprise 13th bday trip---February/winter break

annabug

Mamabug
Hey everyone!!

I need some convincing!! We have only traveled to WDW during the warmer months, and never during a "holiday"

My daughter will turning 13 February 17. That week is " presidents week" or "winter break" for many states. Its also the start of the WDW princess Marathon week.

Does anyone have experience traveling this week? Crowds, weather? Any advice greatly appreciated!!!!

We traveled over that week in 2015. Crowds were fine. It did get crowded mid-day, but we adjusted. In 2015, it was in the mid-50's all week and we ended up buying gloves, wearing jackets all week, etc. We only swam once. Weather can be variable, but, unless you are traveling over the summer months, I've found October through March to always be variable.

TY Disney Wishes! I appreciate your input! I just want manageable, not 2 hour waits for rides, dining etc. We ALWAY book FP and dining way in advance, so I am hoping that will help.

My girls and I travel just about every Feb for the last 4 years. We love that time of year. We spent this past Feb over Presidents weekend and with planning we did pretty good. (The Sunday of Presidents weekend was crazy packed) We made sure we did all the things we loved and were "must-do's" during the week days we were there and just took it easy on the actual holiday weekend. I still prefer it over summer months and we are already looking to book for 2018.

Side Note: I love the idea of the surprise for your daughter. I surprised both of mine on our 2016 trip. (Like the morning the flight left - they still didn't believe me). Have a wonderful trip and enjoy all the moments :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter