Trying to make new reservations

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
and it's not going well. For 2 days now I have tried to make reservations (Fort Wilderness and 2 days in the park) and as I'm trying to check out it has the wrong age for my kids and I've changed the age in my profile to reflect the correct age for when we take the trip, but it's still hanging up on the age. And then it freezes on me and I've tried my laptop and my phone.
It boggles my mind how this multi million dollar company can have such crappy IT. We've done multiple trips and never once have we not had IT problems. And yes I know I could call and make the reservations, but I'm trying to do this without the kids knowing till we get closer.

Have you tried in incognito or private mode on your browser? I had trouble and did not want to clear my history/cookies that day. I used the incognito option on chrome and had no problems with making my reservation.

Disney has had terrible IT for decades. The web site has always been glitchy. The issue, IMHO, is their relatively low pay for IT workers.

I always have issues with Chrome so I now use Safari and it seems to work better. Clearing your history helps too.

The kids birthdays should be tied to their MDE profiles so you shouldn't have to adjust anything during checkout. It should let you pick who is going on the trip and then it should recognize the age they will be as of your check in date.
Yes my kids are listed with their current ages, according to their birthdays, not the ages they will be on the trip.

You don't need to adjust their ages for the trip, just leave their ages in your MDE profile with their birthdates and don't change their ages for the trips for what age they'll be when you travel. I took my youngest DD for her 10th birthday this year, she literally turned 10 on our first full day there, but it wouldn't let me buy an adult ticket for her because in their system she was still 9 on our arrival day, so she got to have a slightly cheaper kids ticket one last time. As long as you have their birthdays correct in the profile you should be fine, it can just be glitchy if their birthdays straddle that adult age. I also recommend clearning your cookies when it starts to act up, which happens to me frequently.

I've been trying to change my park reservations for 3 days. I've tried my phone, my ipad, two different computers - one at home and one at work - as well as different browsers. I can't do anything. I just get the never ending circle of death.

I've been trying to change my park reservations for 3 days. I've tried my phone, my ipad, two different computers - one at home and one at work - as well as different browsers. I can't do anything. I just get the never ending circle of death.
I do know they are having website issues, I just tried to go and change a room reservation to a different resort, and change a dining reservation and it kept giving me these weird screens. I went to just go look at a restaurant menu and it gave me the Donald screen saying WDW.com was not available at this time, so it's obviously just major tech drama.

Yes my kids are listed with their current ages, according to their birthdays, not the ages they will be on the trip.

Are they managed by you or someone else? I vaguely remember a thread where if one parent booked the trip on their account, the kids had the correct future age. But if the non managing parent booked the trip, they didn't have their correct future age. It's really only a problem if a kid is under 3 right now but would be over 3 at the time of a trip, or is a disney kid now but would be a disney adult at the time of the trip (this scenario is probably less problematic)

Sorry for that, but at least I know I'm not alone

I was changing park reservations and I think it's a cookie issue. I was using Edge so I just closed that and went into Firefox instead. I was able to update and everything looks fine now. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter