Trying to link Disneyland tickets to someone else's account

Figment of Speech

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping some of you smart people can help me out here.

I live on the east coast, but I've been trying to get my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew in L.A. set up with tickets and reservations for Disneyland. I've already been able to buy tickets and make reservations in their names for May 1 (DCA reservations with Parkhoppers). However, in order to try to get RotR boarding passes in the afternoon, they apparently need the tickets to be linked to their account, rather than mine.

My SIL had a text chat with someone at Disney who wrote to her, "If the tickets you have on her account, and you want to put on your online, she would have to unlink them. Once their unlink you should be able to link the tickets to your account." She asked the CM if it's simple to unlink, and the CM said, "It should be. Assist with linking and unlinking, please call our Ticket Service agents, agents will be happy to assist you daily, from 7 am to 9 pm (Pacific Time) holiday hours vary at 714-781-4636."

I have already tried calling this number a couple of times, but after I've sat through a five-minute recording and punching "3" for general info, it tells me that due to the large volume of calls, they have "closed the call queue" and to try again later. I'll continue trying the number, but I figured I'd also try googling in the meantime. But in trying to find information online about how to unlink the tickets from my account so that she can link them to hers, as the CM instructed us to do, we've been hitting brick walls.

For instance, I found something online from 2017 that said "simply click 'Reassign Ticket'"... but I think it's outdated info because I can't find anything in my account that says "Reassign Ticket." And I found another thing about linking the people to your Friends & Family list, and my SIL and I did that before figuring out that it only applied to WDW, and the tickets are of course not there.

(I don't know if it's relevant, but when I originally bought the tickets, I looked for ways to buy them as a gift, and all the info online that explained how to do that appeared to be out of date — it mentioned checkboxes that didn't show up for me, etc. — so it really seems as if Disneyland wants to make it hard to transfer tickets right now.)

So does anyone know if there's a way to do this online right now, or should I just keep trying to call this number? I'm going to hold off for now and try in the morning.

Thanks!

We're having the same problem. My husband bought our tickets and I can't get mine to link to me. It's fine for park entry as we'll be together but I'm the one who does the online food ordering and he does the virtual queues. As is my account doesn't even acknowledge that I'm going to be there.

Anyway they can just use your log in and password in the app and use your account?
I'm not opposed to it if there aren't any other options. My SIL — she's the one who does the planning-type stuff, and she's pretty Disney-savvy — also says they can get it straightened out in-park the day of, but it would be easier to take care of it in advance. Also nicer to not have to do administrative stuff when there are rides to take the six-year-old on instead.

We're having the same problem. My husband bought our tickets and I can't get mine to link to me. It's fine for park entry as we'll be together but I'm the one who does the online food ordering and he does the virtual queues. As is my account doesn't even acknowledge that I'm going to be there.
So glad it's not just me! As I mentioned above, my SIL is pretty confident it can be fixed in-park if necessary, but I hope we can get it taken care of before then.

Something changed in the background when they started the reservation system. Cannot link tickets that are not tied to the primary account. In the past we could link secondary tickets/passes/etc to make any disneyland app account and allow for easy fastpass and rotr groupings. That is no longer possible --we've tried multiple accounts and options -- only primary tickets to primary account.

only alternative I see is logging into the primary account by multiple people.

Something changed in the background when they started the reservation system. Cannot link tickets that are not tied to the primary account. In the past we could link secondary tickets/passes/etc to make any disneyland app account and allow for easy fastpass and rotr groupings. That is no longer possible --we've tried multiple accounts and options -- only primary tickets to primary account.

only alternative I see is logging into the primary account by multiple people.
Goodness, that's two suggestions to give them my login. If I don't get it resolved on the phone, I guess that'll have to be the winner.

It is good to hear that it's not that I'm doing it wrong but that it can't be done, though. Oddly reassuring. Thanks!

Update: Issue resolved.

I was able to get through on the phone this morning after being on hold for about 20 minutes, and they got this taken care of for us. All I needed to do was give the CM my ticket confirmation number and confirm my address and email so she knew I was me, and she unlinked the tickets from my account. Then my SIL linked the tickets to her account on her iPad — no phone call necessary for her part of the work.

So it will work just as we were told... the only problem was that you can't do the first half of the work online right now (or if you can, it's impossible to find), you have to do it on the phone. And getting through on the phone can be tricky.

Thanks to @coaches24 and @StarTrekFan for your replies. @ShadowCross, good luck, I hope you can get your issue taken care of, too. The number I used is in my original post, and I'd recommend calling as early in the day as possible.

Update: Issue resolved.

I was able to get through on the phone this morning after being on hold for about 20 minutes, and they got this taken care of for us. All I needed to do was give the CM my ticket confirmation number and confirm my address and email so she knew I was me, and she unlinked the tickets from my account. Then my SIL linked the tickets to her account on her iPad — no phone call necessary for her part of the work.

So it will work just as we were told... the only problem was that you can't do the first half of the work online right now (or if you can, it's impossible to find), you have to do it on the phone. And getting through on the phone can be tricky.

Thanks to @coaches24 and @StarTrekFan for your replies. @ShadowCross, good luck, I hope you can get your issue taken care of, too. The number I used is in my original post, and I'd recommend calling as early in the day as possible.
Exactly; they unlinked the tickets to allow you to reestablish the primary account in your disneyland app. Previously, we could have tickets linked to multiple accounts. Now that is not possible. Ticket can only live/linked to single disneyland account :(

Exactly; they unlinked the tickets to allow you to reestablish the primary account in your disneyland app. Previously, we could have tickets linked to multiple accounts. Now that is not possible. Ticket can only live/linked to single disneyland account :(
This was true of the TOD tickets, also. My BFF couldn't scan them into her account - I had to screenshot hers for her for admission. However, mobile ordering can be done whether you have tickets linked or not - my friend could do mobile orders even without the ticket in her account.

This was true of the TOD tickets, also. My BFF couldn't scan them into her account - I had to screenshot hers for her for admission. However, mobile ordering can be done whether you have tickets linked or not - my friend could do mobile orders even without the ticket in her account.

Interesting! Because I had my ToD tickets linked both in my account (the account that purchased them) and my mom's account. I didn't encounter this "only primary account" issue until I tried to link the PHs I bought to my mom's account.

I linked them not long after I bought them, though, so maybe it was a later update? Like within a couple hours after buying them I linked them to a second account.

Tangent, sort of. So with them only being able to be linked in one account, only person per group can try for RotR boarding passes then, right? Or will logging into the same account on multiple devices allow for more than one to try?

Interesting! Because I had my ToD tickets linked both in my account (the account that purchased them) and my mom's account. I didn't encounter this "only primary account" issue until I tried to link the PHs I bought to my mom's account.

I linked them not long after I bought them, though, so maybe it was a later update? Like within a couple hours after buying them I linked them to a second account.
Yeah - we didn't try to link them in her account until a few days before we left, so it's entirely possible that it changed between the time we bought them and when we tried to link hers.

Yeah - we didn't try to link them in her account until a few days before we left, so it's entirely possible that it changed between the time we bought them and when we tried to link hers.

Fascinating!

This is just a guess, of course, but I wonder if it was intended to help slow the scalping that was going on? If a ticket can only be attached to the primary account and needs to be unlinked to be attached to a new account, it adds an extra step to help discourage breaking the rules.

I've been reading that (supposedly) after we have our new printed tickets at the gate that these will be able to be scanned into any app instead of just the primary. But we'll find out in a week!

Tangent, sort of. So with them only being able to be linked in one account, only person per group can try for RotR boarding passes then, right? Or will logging into the same account on multiple devices allow for more than one to try?
I don't actually know... the big problem was probably that they were linked to the account of someone who wasn't going to be there (me). When I was talking to the CM on the phone, she seemed not to fully understand the context of the question until I told her I wouldn't be at the park with them. Maybe once you have everyone in your riding party identified, any of them can do it? I'm just guessing here — I haven't been to a Disney park yet during the ROTR era.

I really hope they sort this out. My daughter was unable to link her ticket to her account, which, fine, we’ll be there together. So it’s just a matter of me being the only person in a party of five that can access our tickets on the app. But I bought tickets for a former coworker because she couldn’t manage to figure out the ticket buying process 🙄. So now I have to call and have hers unlinked from my account?? It’s bad enough I’ll have to walk her through the steps to link them, if I don’t have to physically do it for her. I don’t even want to think about the texts I’ll get from her the day she’s there asking how mobile ordering etc work. My husband said if she’s not smart enough to figure out how to buy tickets, she doesn’t deserve to go, but I’m too nice and don’t know how to say no...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter