Trying to get to galaxy edge early with a scooter

skittlesfirehawk

Mouseketeer
I’m going to be trying to get to Galaxys edge early like 3-4am. I’m staying at aoa and I’ve been told the busses won’t start running until 5:15 and I’ve called and the Minnie van that’s Lyft enabled doesn’t run until 6am. Does anyone have any other ideas? I was thinking possibly getting a regular Uber at 4 bringing my fold up stool and then renting an ecv for the day once inside.

An accessible taxi through Mears might be your best option. If the ECV is collapsable or can be taken apart, the SUV options for Uber or Lyft might work.

On one of our trips my Mom used an ECV and we used regular Lyft. Most drivers are fine with putting the scooter in the back of their SUV. Just be sure to order the XL. I always texted them as soon as we had their number just so they knew we had it. My DH took the seat and the battery off and he and the driver would lift it into the back.
I know a lot of people are going to say some drivers might not want to deal with the ECV, but we never had a problem with probably 10 Lyft rides.

I would go for the taxi they are accessible and then you can get there as early as you want.

And busses start to run 90 minutes before the park open so if your ok with leaving at 4:30 you might not need to take a taxi

busses will start running about 2 hours prior to the park opening - you should be fine

and the stools are not allowed at WDW

Your best bet would be to rent a scooter from an outside company. That way you would have it with you throughout your stay. Not sure if you are staying in a,standard room at AOA, but walk to bus is around 5 to 7 minutes. Also, if you struggle with mobility the walk from the bus drop off\ pick up area to the park entrance can be long. (Last year the walk from bus drop off at HS was "ridiculously" far from the park entranve, with no shade.)

As others have said, a stool is one of the prohibited items listed in Disney website. So, it won't be allowed.

Disney has never offered park opening hours at 6 am. Normally, buses would be up and running early to get you to the park on time. However, there hasn't been anything definite about bus transportation. Also, it is still possible that Disney Minnie vans might be operating earlier.

Mears will have handicap taxis that you could order. When I had them, I drove the scooter in the back end and actually stayed on scooter and rest of party was in front of me. (No need to fold scooter).

I was told by Disney the buses will start at 5:15 am. My “plan” is to be at the gate for 3-4am the latest.
The people on the phone know very little about how the parks work. Busses start to 90 minutes before the park opens. I would find it hard to believe they will just start to run buses 45 minutes early.

Some posters think skyliner to DHS will be operational for the opening of SWGE. We have no idea what time buses or skyliner will start running

Some posters think skyliner to DHS will be operational for the opening of SWGE. We have no idea what time buses or skyliner will start running
Disney has announced that the skyliner won't be running until Sept. 29th. That is a month after GE opening.

Disney has announced that the skyliner won't be running until Sept. 29th. That is a month after GE opening.
The Sept 29th date is for the full system. Including EPCOT. A couple of posters said the skyliner will be opening in phases. The section to DHS is expected to open close to opening of SWGE. No idea what time or exact date

OP wants to get to DHS as early as 3a. Isn't jellyrolls open until 2a? Late night at Boardwalk followed by scootering over to DHS. See if you can charge at Jellyrolls. I bet you'll meet some new friends doing the same thing.

So, to recap for the OP:

- *typically* the buses start running 2 hours prior to park opening. However, there is no guarantee for SWGE that buses will run that early, so plan accordingly.
- It is currently unclear what the exact status/operating hours of the gondolas will be.
- A stool, or other folding chair won't be allowed. Disney's response to someone who has a mobility issue that requires them to sit will be to use a wheelchair or ECV.
- Renting an ECV inside the park *will* take time away from your efforts to be early in line, so it is HIGHLY recommended that you rent from an outside vendor.
- To insure that your rental ECV has sufficient power for a long day at WDW, be sure that it is fully charged before leaving your Resort Hotel room for DHS/SWGE
- Remember that you will still be subject to bag check/security
- Take sunscreen - shoulders, tops of ears, thighs, and feet all get more exposure when sitting in a mobility device
- Have fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter