trying to get my ducks in order: who's the best Dreams Unlimited TA?

We just booked through Eileen over the weekend. Very prompt with replies and booking (and we got the specific stateroom we requested). Pleased with service so far :)

can i ask a question related to this? we have a cruise coming up this summer. Booked with Dreams several months ago with a TA that has not been mentioned so far in this thread. my question is about how much interaction to expect with the TA when it comes to planning for the cruise. since making the booking, the only communication i've received is a handful of canned emails describing different aspects of the cruises. should i expect this to pick up as we get closer to the date when you can book excursions and make other reservations? or, is it on me to engage the TA on this stuff? i'm assuming that it is just too early at this point and that it'll pick up but i'm wondering what is 'normal'.

can i ask a question related to this? we have a cruise coming up this summer. Booked with Dreams several months ago with a TA that has not been mentioned so far in this thread. my question is about how much interaction to expect with the TA when it comes to planning for the cruise. since making the booking, the only communication i've received is a handful of canned emails describing different aspects of the cruises. should i expect this to pick up as we get closer to the date when you can book excursions and make other reservations? or, is it on me to engage the TA on this stuff? i'm assuming that it is just too early at this point and that it'll pick up but i'm wondering what is 'normal'.
It may be up to you to tell your agent what you expect. We have cruised a lot so don't need help to plan. So our agent just sends out reminders when to book everything. However, we will be doing a cruise to somewhere we haven't been before. I will be asking my TA any questions I can't find the answer to (I like to research stuff myself), or need help with.
If your agent knows you would like help, they should tell you what they can and can't do for you. And when to expect it.

I'd say it's up to you to engage the TA on what you want. My TA is one not listed here either. I'm one who normally does all the planning myself, and I'm mainly using the TA for the OBC--so I don't need a lot of contact from my TA, I'm fine with the amount I've received. My first cruise, I booked at the end of March and then had a 'just checking in' email from her in January. At the end of February got a reminder of when to pay in full. After I paid in March, I got a couple emails about the payment and when I could book excursions, etc. Once we had our passports in April--I initiated contact with my TA asking if she could add the passport #'s to our account--which she did. She checked in again in May about 3 months before our cruise to see if we needed anything. And that was it. As I said, I have no problem with the amount of contact. She is responsive when I ask her questions, and the stuff I asked her to do, she did. What more could I want?

Tracey Heinrichs, she has been very patient answering all my questions and helping me find what works for me.
We also have Tracey. I think I drove her nuts with my silly questions last few days regarding Alaska.
Even though she is swamped I’m sure she answered me every time.
I also trusted her opinion regarding Alaska and she was spot on ahead of time, knowing more or less how pricing will play out.
I loved not to having to sit on hold for hours today. I really appreciate having her there. Yes I could have done it myself. It’s nice to have her help and advice though.

It may be up to you to tell your agent what you expect. We have cruised a lot so don't need help to plan. So our agent just sends out reminders when to book everything. However, we will be doing a cruise to somewhere we haven't been before. I will be asking my TA any questions I can't find the answer to (I like to research stuff myself), or need help with.
If your agent knows you would like help, they should tell you what they can and can't do for you. And when to expect it.

I'd say it's up to you to engage the TA on what you want. My TA is one not listed here either. I'm one who normally does all the planning myself, and I'm mainly using the TA for the OBC--so I don't need a lot of contact from my TA, I'm fine with the amount I've received. My first cruise, I booked at the end of March and then had a 'just checking in' email from her in January. At the end of February got a reminder of when to pay in full. After I paid in March, I got a couple emails about the payment and when I could book excursions, etc. Once we had our passports in April--I initiated contact with my TA asking if she could add the passport #'s to our account--which she did. She checked in again in May about 3 months before our cruise to see if we needed anything. And that was it. As I said, I have no problem with the amount of contact. She is responsive when I ask her questions, and the stuff I asked her to do, she did. What more could I want?

Thanks for the responses. I'll definitely engage her more myself. Since this is our first cruise, I'm most curious about the things that I don't know that I need to know. If that makes sense... :)

We use Kristie. She’s always taken care of us and our request. We’ve also used both Ally and Beth too, when Kristie was unavailable. You can’t go wrong with any of these folks. All have taken great care of us.

Thanks for the responses. I'll definitely engage her more myself. Since this is our first cruise, I'm most curious about the things that I don't know that I need to know. If that makes sense... :)
I would email and tell her that you know nothng about cruising and ask what do you need to know. Things such as when is your paid in full date, when does your online booking window open (for check-in & for booking things like Palo, Frozen meets etc). Also reading threads here will help as well :)

We use Susan Kelly. She answers all my questions, checks in with us regularly, has conveyed all of our special dietary info to Disney, etc.

The interesting question is whether DU has any agents who aren't good. My guess is that they are all good.

Tracey Heinrichs. She has been a dream to work with. Patient and professional. Super fast responsive we times and her level of knowledge is incredible. Especially cruises. She is an expert. Loved her on The Dis video broadcasts because she seemed so experienced and she is. She takes great care of us.

Today is booking day for 2019 summer sailings. People on hold for hours Tracey took care of all of it for us. Just handles it and I don’t spend a minute on the phone let alone on hold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter