Trying to decide....

laurenk

DIS Veteran
if we should go to WDW or IOA and Universal. We just spent 9 days at WDW in June, and my husband has just gotten a nice bonus at work so we are planning a December trip.

We have 7 year old twins(will be 8 in December). All of us LOVE WDW. Will we be disappointed if we don't go to WDW, or will we be kicking ourselves for not trying Universal sooner. My whole family enjoys thrill rides, so that is not a problem. I am concerned about height restrictions. The twins are on the short side.

What about themeing, parades,shows etc.? Is it just as "moving"?

I know I sound crazy, but this is a very hard decision for us, and we need help deciding. Thanks for any help!!!!!

I think you need both. We went to US for a half day and IOA for 1.5 days and then spent 3 days at the Disney parks. I can say that I was surprised I had never been to Universal and I thought it was fabulous. As for the height restrictions you would have to ehck, but there are so many attractions to see and I do think you would kick yourself if you never get there! If we would have known we would have scheduled more days there.

I'd get a 2-3 day pass and use part of the day at US and all day if you like shows more and then mozy on over to IOA. The days never expire and if you buy the multiday passess then you can park hop which is a mjor plus in my opinion. You and your family will not want to leave IOA, it's themed like Disney (lands), but the themes are unique, Your kids will recognize probably, Dr. Suess stories, dinosaurs, comic book characters, etc. You'll love it!

If you only had 2 days I'd still split them in half 1 day at IOA and then 1 day at Disney, but you really need several days to do US and IOA with justice.

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter