Trying to decide which month is better

moonshadow

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. I normally go to Disney in September. However, this year I am thinking of switching things up a little and looking at July or August. I think not having any events planned from Disney and the fact the parks stay open later is a good thing. Plus it would be nice to see MK without pumpkins, which of course I love but I've seen it so many times that way.

So my question is which month (July or August) would you choose and also if you want to help decide between the BWI and Beach Club that would be great too! I like the BWI more as hotel and it would be nice to see the refurb as last time I went the rooms were really dated but the pool at BC is so much better. I am worried about how busy Stormalong Bay could be in the summer.

Hope you all were able to grab the discounts that FINALLY came out!!!

Both months will be hot and humid, so I’d pick July - less likely for a hurricane to interfere with your plans. BWV is our home resort, and we’ve never stayed at BC, so I can’t help there, but you’re right, Stormalong Bay will be quite crowded either month.

Id think august would most likely be less crowded but don’t the fall decorations go up in late August? Anyway both months will be like the surface of the sun but I’m guessing you’re used to that since you go in September. And I love BW, and stormalong bay will probably be packed.l so personally I’d pick BWI. And going either month you can take advantage of the free dining! Have fun!

I think I would go early August so no decorations should be up. The only time it wasn’t too hot was when I went in December and February but I do like pool time so they weren’t the best months for that.

Ok two for BWI lol

They start the Halloween parties mid August. I normally go first week of Aug and you will get pumpkins in MK. You are going to get higher crowds in July and front park of Aug because kids are still out of school. What about June? Get the tail end of Flower and Garden

The hotel only discount goes from March to beginning of July. We got 30% off at BWI resort view room, so if you want to do June the discount is available if there are any rooms left. I went back and forth between BCV and BC and ended up with BWI as we wanted a less busy pool, a higher likelihood of getting a balcony, and my son liked the slide better.

I see BWI is under refurbishment on the website. Does anyone know what they are working on there?

I see BWI is under refurbishment on the website. Does anyone know what they are working on there?
I believe they're refurbishing rooms. We stayed at BWV in August and it was clear that the rooms were due for it. They may be doing some additional work in the lobby, too - I think I saw that somewhere, but I don't recall what it said. I'm not sure what they would be doing since the coffee shop was done fairly recently, and the lobby looked fine to me, but maybe they're doing a design change.

August is just too uncomfortable weatherwise. If you do july, go later in the month, avoiding the 4th of july holiday. Keeo in mind both months will be crowded, just pick what works best for you

As a (now former) veteran of summer trips (school teacher in family, children in sports leagues), mid to late August can be less crowded since many school systems resume classes at that time. Of course, families with younger littles will still be visiting. You already know the weather will be sultry. 8-)

I worry a little more about hurricane activity than I once did. (We ended up staying a day longer in early September last year when Hurricane Idalia was forecast to be close to Orlando just when we would have been at MCO awaiting our homebound flight, but it changed course and we experienced only higher winds and rain.) Late July may be a bit less crowded as well. July 4 activities can be fun, but it is crazy busy.

Honestly, while Storm Along pool will be crowded all summer - so will the pools at Boardwalk - at least that’s been my experience. I would go to Beach Club.

I’d pick the time of year that is cheaper As for BWI vs BC I’d actually do Beach Club because of the indoor/covered walkway access to QS, Shop & TS. When the weather is bad it really sucks having to go out into it at BWI.

We’ve been in July and August - both are lava hot, so I’d choose July because of the lowered hurricane risk.

I’ve never stayed at the Beach Club, but I agree that having covered walkways and the shops and quick service located where you can access them from indoors could be a real plus on a stormy afternoon.

I would suggest July because, as PPs said, the fall decorations go up in August and you can’t be sure of when. They might decide to add more MNSSHP nights next year and put the decorations up early but I think (hope!) you’d be safe in July.

Based upon everyone's comments I booked BC in May. The weather seems to be pleasant and the crowd levels reasonable. At least that's what I am hoping lol.
I got some roasting 90s on my May trip a couple years back so I wish you better luck!

(I laughed at your conclusion because over and over we get a thread that is chose A or B and then OP goes with X - 💯 agree X is the best choice btw!)

I got some roasting 90s on my May trip a couple years back so I wish you better luck!

(I laughed at your conclusion because over and over we get a thread that is chose A or B and then OP goes with X - 💯 agree X is the best choice btw!)
I laughed too but part of the reason to coming to these boards is to listen what people are saying then adjusting to which best suits your needs!

Either will be temperature of the sun. The later in July the greater the chance (some) schools will be back in session. If you haven't visited in July or August, the heat CANNOT be overstated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter