Trying to convince DH to go to MK

kw4820

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody, I'm trying to convince my DH to go to Magic Kingdom on our next trip. He thinks it will be too "kiddy". Can you guys help me convince him? He also thinks Epcot will be too boring :confused: I need all the help I can get!

My husband isn't a big fan of MK either. Does your DH like roller coasters? You can tell him he has to ride Space Mountain. Splash Mountain and BTMRR are also rides my husband likes, they aren't too "kiddy" for him. We pretty much avoid Fantasyland and Toon Fair (is that what it's called?) and that helps with the illusion that MK isn't just for kids. Good luck!

My DH isn't a big Disneyworld fan either and that's why when we go, I ALWAYS do things that I know he will like. We go to the Virgin MegaRecord Store in Downtown Disney as my DH is a musician and can spend hours upon hours in a music store...if I let him. ;) I also do rides and parks that I know he enjoys. He loves EPCOT as the architecture and scenery is just wonderful! He also likes Fantasyland as two of his favorite rides are there. Now I know that sounds strange, but hey, my DH loves Peter Pan's Flight and It's a Small World!! :p :o DH also doesn't like to be hungry, so I choose the restaurants we eat at based on his tastes. DH will try anything once, so that job is always so easy and quite fun for me. :)

So what I'm saying in a manner of speaking, cater to what your DH likes and maybe getting him to go to Disney won't be like twisting his arm and leg or putting a gun to his head. :teeth: Get him online to www.disneyworld.com www.mousesavers.com www.ourlaughingplace.com www.wdwig.com and right here to the DIS so he check out all the cool Disney stuff. I do hope I've helped.

Best to your adventure!!

~~~Denise :wave: :wave:

Thanks guys for all the help! I'm definately going to try these ideas. DH is really a push over when it comes to stuff I want to do ;) He really does try to keep me happy, guess I'm blessed that way:) But with the ideas you guys gave me I think he'll have a good time to and not just have to watch me having fun so thanks again. Can't wait to get to Disney!!!!!

Don't forget to mention Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear (most guys like to aim and shoot at things) and the motorcars in Tomorrowland. Oh yeah, don't forget the Haunted Mansion (tell him that your scared and he needs to go with you).

Maybe it's different for guys, but I did the motorcars once. I have no need to ever do them again. Obviously everyone has their own preferences, but to me this is more of a kiddie ride than Dumbo.

Deb

Has he been before? There's a reason it's the number one theme park in the U.S.(probably the world). It's not just about the kiddies, it's a cultural experience. It's hard to think that anyone who grew up with Disney wouldn't find some redeeming qualities to this beautiful park.

Would you consider going to the MK by yourself? DH also isn't a fan of MK, also thinks it's too "kiddy". So I always plan on going to the MK by myself and he has a day to do what he wants that I'm not interested in (like golf). It works out real well for us, we're both happy!

Gosh!!! I must be a big baby! I am 36 and I LOVE all the kiddie rides. Yes, that's me riding Dumbo, clapping and saying, "YEAH!", reading along with the story on Winnie the Pooh, trying to get the BEST horse on the carousel, booing Captain Hook on Peter Pan's flight, and coming out of snow white practically in tears.

Dh and I are taking an adults only trip for two night in Feb 2004. We have talked about it and have decided to do MK! We will try for an 8:05 PS at CRT and go from there. IF we are done with all of our favorites by parade time, we will watch the parade and then monorail over to Epcot and finish out the day there. I really want to stay at MK, though and do dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern or CP!

See about taking the Steamtrains Tour at MK- it's an early morning tour that explores the railway- Walt's influence really shines with this.

Keys to the Kingdom is another tour that challenges the imagination with lots of behind the scenes information.

AS you walk down Main Street USA, look up at the seconf story windows. The names there are all real people who helped shape the park. Included are Walt's family and many of the early imagineers invloved with the project.

At the far end of Main St- look above the Plaza Restaurant at the windows for the 2nd story. There you will find Walter E. Disney- Master Planner- facing the Castle. Quite a nice touch!

At Epcot, there are also behind the scenes tours available (try the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land ). Be sure to csatch as many of the performers as possible- some favorites of ours are Off Kilter in Canada, Voices of Liberty (American Pavilion), Living Statues (France) and the Holy Grail (UK).

Enjoy!

I have been to WDW 4 times in my life and my DH and I are about to go together for the first time. He's a 25-yr old jock-type. He is really excited about the trip, but I'm afraid that I'm going to drive him nuts. I LOVE WDW!!!! I feel like a 8-year old when I talk about it- I get all giddy! So, I need help as to what specifically would appeal to the MEN. I love it ALL, so I can't be objective! HELP!

My husband will only tour the MK during e-night. I usually go to WDW solo, but the few times he has gone with me the only way I could get him in the MK was during an e-night :)

My DBF is pretty much psyched for the whole trip and is most looking forward to the following. You might want to try and point out the following rides :

Thunder Mountain
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Alien
Buzz Lightyear (c'mon...don't let the TS characters fool you....this is a ride on interactive video game!)
Pirates (my DBF is PSYCHED to see Pirates)
Jungle Cruise

We will be skipping a lot of the fantasyland rides.

Epcot is FAR from boring. I think it's the most "adult" of the parks. What sort of things does your DH like to do? I'm sure there is something at Epcot for him!

But, sadly, some people just are not cut out for WDW. I went with my ex on what was supposed to be a honeymoon (had everything annulled a month later...haven't spoken to him since) and he sucked the very joy out of WDW for me by complaining that everything was babyish and boring.

My husband was skeptical about going with me to Disneylandafter I had gone by myself also thinking Disney was a kids thing and kept turning to to exclaim things to him and he was not there. So he went finally and one ride on Pirates of the Carribean and he was a hooked Disney fan for life. we go on Sept 5th for our 35th anniversary.
I absolutely LOVE the Pirates Movie, listening to the soundtrack right now. I was never a Johnny Depp fan but WOW!!!!

I usually travel to Disney alone. But, last year, my DH decided to come spend the weekend. He too, is not much of a MK fan.

So......I decided to find something to entertain him!

We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It is about 4 hours and you see the "mechanics" of the MK. It brought a whole new light to my DH and he now has a greater apprecation of the whole Disney thing.

Give him something to think about with the tours available.

:p

I must be the luckiest wife in the world - my husband insists on his WDW vacation every year! Tradition dictates that as soon as we check in at the Poly we jump on a boat to the MK and have a hot dog at Casey's. Didn't used to be like this, but now he LOVES the cornball humor on the jungle cruise (must ride several times to rate skippers), all the roller coaster type rides, Buzz Lightyear, the Frontierland shooting gallery and on and on and on...

Have you ordered the planning video/dvd? If you get the no kids version, it puts a very adult-friendly spin on things that might help :)

Tell him that if he's good, you'll let him watch the belly dancer at Epcot ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter