Trying to catch Haunted Mansion before it goes down...

Hagrid xox 65

Earning My Ears
Our first day at the parks is Sunday 11/27. We're starting the day at Epcot and have a 3:10 Akershus ADR. Assume we could be done there by 4:30. Monorail over to MK (one hour?) and we could catch a ride on HM before it goes down for the rest of our trip.. It's a Party Night so we'd need to be done by 7pm.

Experts - is this idea doable?? TIA!

As long as you get out and go directly by monorail, you would at least have an hour to get it done by 7. Since the park is open until 7 for non-party guests, you could technically get in line pretty close to 7 without a problem. But don't dilly-dally, the ghost host will be expecting you! I hope that it's going down to add Hatbox Ghost!

Eeee....I dunno. I would rope drop MK and ride HM before going to Epcot, so I'm not rushing around if the meal goes too long.

Would the OP be let into the park at 6pm with the party goers? I know that the entry area will be crazy (will need extra time for sure!) but wasn't sure if they deny anyone for an hour?

I would hope that MK opens an hour before Epcot and go their first!

It might be a faster walk out the back entrance of EP and over to the EP resorts to catch a bus to MK. That also eliminates the need for the monorail transfer at TTC.

Even if you finish eating closer to 5:00, I think you have time to get over to MK and into HM, but it'll be close.

Sounds like a memory in the making to me. Go for it!!

I think it is totally doable! It's not a trip to Disney without the Haunted Mansion. Go for it! A few weeks ago I didn't check into my room at the Swan til after 2pm. I walked through Epcot, stopped at a couple of food booths for dinner, hopped on the monorail and was at the MK by 3:45 for the Halloween party. I walked over 10 miles from 2pm til midnight, but I got my food and wine dinner before the party!

We are currently re-working our plans to fit HM in , as well. It's my 15 yr old DD's FAVE ride and she will be SO disappointed if we miss it!

Would the OP be let into the park at 6pm with the party goers? I know that the entry area will be crazy (will need extra time for sure!) but wasn't sure if they deny anyone for an hour?

I would hope that MK opens an hour before Epcot and go their first!

They would absolutely be let in at 6 and probably much later than that. The park closes at 7 to non-party guests and they can use every minute of it. There will be signs over the entry ways that say general admission or, event, etc. This allows them to change the traffic flow. They likely keep at least one entry open for general admission only. I've never witnessed it as I am usually in with the first wave for a party and don't see the front, but they don't cut off entrance until the park closes in every other instance.

We reworked ours as well for that day and got fast passes for first thing in the morning. Luckily it was our AK day so I didn't have to worry about FP conflict for that park.

Thanks for the advice - I do think we're going to give it our best shot! One thing I didn't think of was the MK entrance being busier than usual due to party-goers arriving starting at 4pm. We're also hoping to hit the train to Frontierland to avoid getting distracted on Main Street by the sights & crowds!

If anyone is still reading this - would the HM gift shop remain open during the refurb?

If anyone is still reading this - would the HM gift shop remain open during the refurb?

I can't see why not. It's not physically attached to the Mansion itself, and there's an entrance right under the overhang of the Columbia Harbour House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter