• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Trying to Book Package in Euros from USA

AllisonsMunecas

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Back in 2019 I booked a DLP trip and was able to book it in Euros which was considerably cheaper than booking in USD. I was trying to do the same today for a trip in April and it keeps giving me the error message that my account and booking country don't match. I've selected the "International Euro" toggle in the region section without selecting an actual country, but it just won't allow the payment to go through. Does anyone know if there is a work around to this? I think it will be a couple of hundred dollars cheaper to book in Euros, especially with the current exchange rate.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 202044.png <--- the error message
Screenshot 2023-01-19 202136.png <--- the non-country specific Euro selection

Thanks anyone for any advice you have!

Try changing to view the site for an actual country in the EU (like France) and then have your browser translate the page. I just booked a week ago, and I priced out every single country's version of the site. The EU countries all had the same price, and it was cheaper.

I did this last September and paid I £ instead of dollars because the exchange rate was so good. I actually called them using the normal WDW phone line, but when it asks for Disneyland or WDW just say Paris. The lady on the phone quoted me in both dollars and pounds. I went with pounds.

The only tricky thing is when I log into the app I have to make sure it doesn’t use my location or the app freezes. And I have to select the UK when I log in on the website. Once I figured that out I was golden.

I did put a “travel” notice on my CC before I had them charge my card so they wouldn’t think a charge in pounds was fraud.

Oh shoot! Well hey at least you have your package booked! Shouldn't be hard to do that quick cancellation for the 2 extra bookings.

Hi all,

Back in 2019 I booked a DLP trip and was able to book it in Euros which was considerably cheaper than booking in USD. I was trying to do the same today for a trip in April and it keeps giving me the error message that my account and booking country don't match. I've selected the "International Euro" toggle in the region section without selecting an actual country, but it just won't allow the payment to go through. Does anyone know if there is a work around to this? I think it will be a couple of hundred dollars cheaper to book in Euros, especially with the current exchange rate.

View attachment 733467 <--- the error message
View attachment 733468 <--- the non-country specific Euro selection

Thanks anyone for any advice you have!
I’m booking from Australia
with the exchange rate Euro works out $200Au cheaper than booking in US$
Called and discovered that I also had 3 bookings … quite frustrating

Hi all! I also found Euros to be cheaper for the same dates and resort when compared to Pounds and Dollars. I also encountered the error described above, but it still booked anyway. Of course, I forgot to check the credit card before trying again. Overnight I received two customer numbers and two reservations. I called the local USA number and they transferred me to DL Paris. I wanted a note on my ressie that I was celebrating my birthday, so I wanted to call anyway. It was easy to cancel the second reservation.

HOT TIP: Sometimes a US based cast member will transfer you to WDW International. This is a completely different group than DL Paris. So if you need DL Paris, be sure to specify that in your request to be transferred. One cast member had transferred me right away, but another needed to look up how to do so. DL Paris reservations is open 9:30- 6pm, so be sure to verify the timezone difference for the timezone your are calling from to theirs. :)

Some friends and I are looking at DL Paris for next April 2024 and we are all her in the US. Am I understanding that I can use the WDT UK website as long as I pay in Pounds? What website are people using to pay in Euros? TIA

Some friends and I are looking at DL Paris for next April 2024 and we are all her in the US. Am I understanding that I can use the WDT UK website as long as I pay in Pounds? What website are people using to pay in Euros? TIA
On the Disneyland Paris website there is a flag icon at the top right, beside My Account. If you click on that, you can select different countries plus a couple of international options.

https://www.disneylandparis.com/

Found that but it is still all packages. Is there a way to book hotel and tickets separate?
You can buy tickets separately on the site, but the only way to book hotels with DLP online is to book a package. You can book room only on other travel booking websites like Hotels.com, Booking.com, etc. If you're planning to stay onsite and need to buy tickets (i.e. if you don't have an AP), the package price is cheaper than buying separately - I've never been able to find a better deal than that.

You can buy tickets separately on the site, but the only way to book hotels with DLP online is to book a package. You can book room only on other travel booking websites like Hotels.com, Booking.com, etc. If you're planning to stay onsite and need to buy tickets (i.e. if you don't have an AP), the package price is cheaper than buying separately - I've never been able to find a better deal than that.

Yup. I also think that if you book on the DLP website, you don't have to make separate park reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter