Tropical Storm Nicole

This is not the Disney of even a couple years ago.
Sadly Disney World hotels began to change in 2018 with the security checks. Add that guest behavior was on a decline already - CMs had to change their stance. Unfortunately by 2020 the company was going in a different direction and guest satisfaction would not be a priority ~ and certainly pixie dust and above & beyond became a rare thing.

With these storms, Disney is now going to focus on themselves, their damage costs combined with loss of income from closing parks and income generators. With less CMs on staff, putting effort in to "room tetris" just won't be a priority. Having been through hurricane evacuations from non-Disney locations .... no one helps you, just pack and leave. Disney is now a standard place to stay.

I've let go of the notion that Disney is something more special above all other businesses, especially the hotels. They are being run different now, I doubt it will ever go back to the "Be Our Guest" model.

You don’t by any chance have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card that you used to book part of your trip, do you? They include free trip delay insurance. My sister’s family was stranded in Maui a couple years ago for an extra night recently, and Chase reimbursed them for all the extra expenses they incurred because of the delay (hotel, dinner, rental car) getting home, to the tune of $1,200.

You don’t by any chance have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card that you used to book part of your trip, do you? They include free trip delay insurance. My sister’s family was stranded in Maui a couple years ago for an extra night recently, and Chase reimbursed them for all the extra expenses they incurred because of the delay (hotel, dinner, rental car) getting home, to the tune of $1,200.
We have a chase card but not sapphire. We used our freedom card for our universal portion and then we used our regular chase card for the Disney portion. I’ll have to look into it once we find a room. A little more hopeful than this morning as the last update from our hotel was they were moving through the waitlist for rooms and we are high up on it. Thanks for the tip!

We have a chase card but not sapphire. We used our freedom card for our universal portion and then we used our regular chase card for the Disney portion. I’ll have to look into it once we find a room. A little more hopeful than this morning as the last update from our hotel was they were moving through the waitlist for rooms and we are high up on it. Thanks for the tip!
Good luck!

Final update: though they said they would call me, they never did so I stopped by the front desk after the park for an update if possible and they were able to extend our stay to Friday! So happy and so much less stressed. Now we plan to maybe grab dessert from Epcot before they close tonight and then stay in the room until Friday morning (we never had a theme park reservation for Thursday so don’t think we will be able to book one and don’t care if we can’t)

Final update: though they said they would call me, they never did so I stopped by the front desk after the park for an update if possible and they were able to extend our stay to Friday! So happy and so much less stressed. Now we plan to maybe grab dessert from Epcot before they close tonight and then stay in the room until Friday morning (we never had a theme park reservation for Thursday so don’t think we will be able to book one and don’t care if we can’t)
There are a lot of people who can get in now due to airline cancellations so seems as if rooms might be opening?

There are a lot of people who can get in now due to airline cancellations so seems as if rooms might be opening?
Possibly. Everyone else that was going to the desk when I was last there was still being told there was absolutely nothing on Disney Property at 1pm. Was told we were lucky we were already booked tonight as they had nothing for tonight.

Talked to some people who said they were trying to change their flights to out of Tampa or renting a car to get out.

Book a reservation at a nearby hotel for Thurs night as a back up plan - now. You can cancel it if Disney is able to extend your stay.
A lot of them weren't waiving their cancellation fees, but it all worked out for us. At about 2:00pm they were able to extend our stay.

I have called the front desk and gone down there. They told me to check tomorrow cause as of today they weren't doing anything for anyone. They told the person in front of me the same thing.

That was our first stop and I have been calling every few hours.

That is my worry. Called last night and the cast member told me to call as soon as we knew if our flights were cancelled and they would find us something. They haven't announced if they will close the Camp Grounds yet and hoping to get this figured out before then
It‘s late now, but when Amtrak canceled my Friday train to Delray Beach, I also needed my room for another night. Front Desk CM told me that as my reservation was for a package, I’d have to wait until Thursday to try. I never booked a package deal, they gave me freebies...which is great, but why should I be penalized? I told her that, and also that I didn’t just decided to stay on a whim - I’d have nowhere to stay if I didn’t get a room. She spoke to her supervisor, and I did get my room for Friday..albeit at $474 !

It‘s late now, but when Amtrak canceled my Friday train to Delray Beach, I also needed my room for another night. Front Desk CM told me that as my reservation was for a package, I’d have to wait until Thursday to try. I never booked a package deal, they gave me freebies...which is great, but why should I be penalized? I told her that, and also that I didn’t just decided to stay on a whim - I’d have nowhere to stay if I didn’t get a room. She spoke to her supervisor, and I did get my room for Friday..albeit at $474 !
Sounds like you ended up in a room only package. Idk how you ended up in one but Disney can do it, it’s a package but no tickets are included.

Sounds like you ended up in a room only package. Idk how you ended up in one but Disney can do it, it’s a package but no tickets are included.

yeah, I think so...I booked it over the phone, so it’s not like I could have inadvertently choses a room only package

yeah, I think so...I booked it over the phone, so it’s not like I could have inadvertently choses a room only package
They may have said something like, 'we can do a package that is room only so you can pay $200 deposit instead of a full night's deposit'. If your deposit was $200, you booked a package. Look at your cc statement.

They may have said something like, 'we can do a package that is room only so you can pay $200 deposit instead of a full night's deposit'. If your deposit was $200, you booked a package. Look at your cc statement.
I’ll do that later.....ooh, that could have happened, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter