Tropical Storm Nicole

disneyfreak202

Mouseketeer
Not sure where else to post this: We are stuck because of Tropical Storm Nicole and now need to stay an extra night. This is our first time dealing with this. We keep getting told Disney can't extend our stay at our hotel or any other hotel. Is this typical? I know Disney is usually pretty good about Hurricanes and taking care of the Guests, but starting to stress a little that we will have literally no place to go. We could only change our flights to Friday early morning.

We are currently scheduled to check out Thursday so would prefer not to transfer hotels in the middle of the storm.

Are you speaking to someone directly at the resort? They may be more effective that the call center.

Storm hit on holiday weekend. Disney needs many rooms to move camp ground gst to resorts.
Get on web travel sites to see what is available NOW.
If the hotel themselves told you they can not help then I agree with this. Do not sit and wait hoping, find yourself a place to stay to avoid being homeless. I'd look close by for easy transfer of stuff or get to the airport hotel and wait it out there.

Are you speaking to someone directly at the resort? They may be more effective that the call center.
I have called the front desk and gone down there. They told me to check tomorrow cause as of today they weren't doing anything for anyone. They told the person in front of me the same thing.
What hotel, did you go to the front desk?
That was our first stop and I have been calling every few hours.
Storm hit on holiday weekend. Disney needs many rooms to move camp ground gst to resorts.
Get on web travel sites to see what is available NOW.
That is my worry. Called last night and the cast member told me to call as soon as we knew if our flights were cancelled and they would find us something. They haven't announced if they will close the Camp Grounds yet and hoping to get this figured out before then

If the hotel themselves told you they can not help then I agree with this. Do not sit and wait hoping, find yourself a place to stay to avoid being homeless. I'd look close by for easy transfer of stuff or get to the airport hotel and wait it out there.
We are good until Thursday. There is a flight available late Thursday night we may try to get on but worried it may get cancelled so we did first thing Friday Morning and since all flights are full until Saturday. The lady at the Front desk told me we won't get booted out but they can't help us. So I am starting to stress a little bit.

We are good until Thursday. There is a flight available late Thursday night we may try to get on but worried it may get cancelled so we did first thing Friday Morning and since all flights are full until Saturday. The lady at the Front desk told me we won't get booted out but they can't help us. So I am starting to stress a little bit.
What does this mean? If they can't help you get an additional night, then wouldn't they expect you to vacate the room? Or do they want you to wait until Thursday to see if they can help?

What does this mean? If they can't help you get an additional night, then wouldn't they expect you to vacate the room? Or do they want you to wait until Thursday to see if they can help?
Im not sure. It's like I keep getting the runaround of you wont get booted but we can't extend you right now. The front desk originally told me that they just can't do anything until tomorrow. But then every other call Ive made from my hotel room phone told me to keep checking as soon as availability opens then they can help me.

Both of the Hilton properties at Disney Springs and the Bonnet Creek resort have availability for Thursday. You would have to move, but it's not far.
We are thinking of moving to the airport hotel if we have to move out of a Disney hotel but we don't want to get stuck in the middle of the storm Thursday morning after check out and we would prefer to stay put at a Disney hotel

Im not sure. It's like I keep getting the runaround of you wont get booted but we can't extend you right now. The front desk originally told me that they just can't do anything until tomorrow. But then every other call Ive made from my hotel room phone told me to keep checking as soon as availability opens then they can help me.
if I am right calling just gets you the call center even if answered your resort. call center is most likely no where near you even using room phone. you are most likely not talking with someone on site

if I am right calling just gets you the call center even if answered your resort. call center is most likely no where near you even using room phone. you are most likely not talking with someone on site
That is correct. However, seems they keep giving me a call back from the front desk in this instance.

which may be the front desk or may just be a supervisor in the call center. been burned by calling more than once so we always go to desk
Understandably. I also prefer the desk, but our room is a little bit of a trek so trying to only do that once every few hours and calling more frequently. They told me to keep calling. I am hoping tomorrow there is a little more information or can at least tell me their plan. At this point seems everything else is business as usual besides our flight being cancelled.

There should be plenty of rooms since people not there yet are cancelling or delaying. There's no excuse for this runaround. This is not the Disney of even a couple years ago.

There should be plenty of rooms since people not there yet are cancelling or delaying. There's no excuse for this runaround. This is not the Disney of even a couple years ago.
That’s what you would think. Todays answer from the front desk when last night the girl said today they most likely will be working on all that: no extensions and we may never be able to do it at all.

A few days ago the answer on the Guest services line was: when your flight is cancelled tell us as soon as possible and we will find you somewhere.

Update: Just called from my room (thats apparently the way to go) and was told there has been a waitlist in place since before 10:00pm last night that we have now been added to. A little annoyed that we were not told about this sooner when the waitlist started.

Update: Just called from my room (thats apparently the way to go) and was told there has been a waitlist in place since before 10:00pm last night that we have now been added to. A little annoyed that we were not told about this sooner when the waitlist started.
They may not know full room availability until they put a hold on new checkins. This was roughly how it was during Ian - once they put a hold on new checkins and basically shut down the resort, folks were able to find rooms.

They may not know full room availability until they put a hold on new checkins. This was roughly how it was during Ian - once they put a hold on new checkins and basically shut down the resort, folks were able to find rooms.
Definitely hoping today we will be able to confirm something. A little annoyed that we were not told about the waitlist sooner since it has been in place since last night. Stressed definitely, but hopeful we will get something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter