• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tropical Depression may be forming next week

Just saw that same information as well. Going to go to Epcot this morning and then see what develops.

we are doing the same. Since we are staying at Boardwalk, it will be easier to get back to the room if it does get bad.

We're also at the BW and had plans for HS in the late morning and Epcot this evening. I didn't cancel our ADR for tonight because I thought we'd still go if it was just rain. Hopefully, they'll understand and not charge us no-show fees if we don't make it.

GOOD LUCK with the weather to all and stay safe. Have a nephew, 27 on a work assignment in Jacksonville, so I just texted my SIL so that he knows to make provisions.
Not being a "native" coupled by the millenials feeling invincible, :laughing:wanted him to "heed warnings".:scared1:

As is often the case with these types of storms, its going to be quite wet, but the overall impact on a vacation shouldn't be that much. From what I see, it shouldn't get too messy until about 2:00 this afternoon...then write off the rest of today -- enjoy the resort. Tomorrow looks like thunderstorms popping in and out -- not that unusual for a summer day in Florida. Have your rain jackets and ponchos ready (forget about umbrellas) and enjoy...the plus side is the crowds should be a little lower.

Thing still on track for a washout around 11 or 12pm. Though the brunt still looks to be north of the parks. 1-3" rain maybe? The worst should be out of here by early morning hours (4 to 6am) Then scattered type showers until about mid day.

Here now too, and it's just super humid and still out right now. We will just see how things go today. Got fastpasses for 7DMT and BTMR so hopefully the rain comes after then. HAHA. Just planning on taking it as it comes.

We are here now! Having a great time!!

I know the tropical storm is dominating the news here, I've got it on right now myself, but for those of you worried about the parks today and tomorrow.... It appears that the Orlando/ Kissimmee area is on the southern edge of the rain. The radar shows small pockets of heavy rain, some winds....but not a solid area, there are definite breaks in the storm. I'm feeling positive!

We are here now! Having a great time!!

I know the tropical storm is dominating the news here, I've got it on right now myself, but for those of you worried about the parks today and tomorrow.... It appears that the Orlando/ Kissimmee area is on the southern edge of the rain. The radar shows small pockets of heavy rain, some winds....but not a solid area, there are definite breaks in the storm. I'm feeling positive!
Thank you so much for posting! We arrive tomorrow afternoon (for tent camping at Ft Wilderness!) and I have been pretty discouraged! This is a short stop on a long road trip and we only get one park day on Wednesday & the weather made it look like a wash out.

I heard on another group that the parks are really dead right now, hardly anyone there. The storm must be keeping the locals away.

Currently on 75 headed to Orlando. Was really bad north of Gainesville. Now just light rain. We hope to make it to resort before rain starts heavy in Orlando. Also wondering what to do about ADR early PM if we can't make it.

Pinellas county schools are releasing kids early. That's along the gulf.

I haven't received any alerts from WESH for Polk County, but got 2 notices for Orange County.

I heard on another group that the parks are really dead right now, hardly anyone there. The storm must be keeping the locals away.

Doubt it. If school does get canceled and people can come home from work, there will definitely more locals there. It's just a normal Monday for most, just a little more wet.

We are in the air right now. Due to land at 2:28 though we left a little early so maybe landing earlier - JetBlue said they wanted to get in before the bad part of the storm hit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter