• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tropical Depression may be forming next week

Joining the freaking out group. We are driving in from SC on Sunday. Would Disney forgive the no show charge on an ADR if it is stormy and we get tired of hanging out in the park in rain?

Joining the freaking out group. We are driving in from SC on Sunday. Would Disney forgive the no show charge on an ADR if it is stormy and we get tired of hanging out in the park in rain?
I am curious about this as well as we are thinking of dumping several ADRS on Tuesday.

Tuesday is looking better IMO now. Monday still not looking so good. Heavy rain from morning til Tuesday around 5 to 7am. Then tapering off.

I know it sucks!! but everyone just try and keep a positive outlook. Think that there will be less crowds and the temps will be better. I'll be at AK on Monday, with an umbrella and poncho, a spare pair of socks in my backpack, constantly humming :Singing in the Rain, "Just keep swimming" and "Go with the Flow"

I have been keeping an eye on this and have been watching multiple weather websites. It appears the latest and greatest thinking is that it will move slightly more north of Orlando. The greatest rain amounts will be on the east side of the system. Predictions have heavy rain in central Florida anywhere from Monday morning until Tuesday at lunch time. Of course this could have all changed in the last 10 minutes. It looks like some good prolonged rain for the Disney area Mon-Tue, but not anything horrible. I already bought Wal-Mart ponchos and plan on wearing my swimming trunks to the parks those two days.

Does anybody know if planes can land in Orlando during these kinds of events, given what they seem to be predicting right now? We just wanna get there! (We are Tuesday 10AM arrival from Milwaukee).... Can Monday flight arrival people post whether or not they made it please?!

We leave Providence on Monday at 11:49. Hoping we can land in Orlando! I will keep you all posted! We didn't have anything planned for arrival day other than swimming in the pool. Guess that's out! haha Tues was supposed to be our rental car day and drive to legoland. Going to switch that until friday then we leave for home on Sunday early morning.

Last edited:
Safe travels to anyone heading south. Once you've arrived you'll be fine. Here's hoping the storm passes through quickly.
Don't forget to dance in the puddles! :dancer:

This is what I'm worried about. I don't mind the rain so much once we get there, but not looking forward to driving all day in it to get there. Safe travels to all like us who may be having to make the journey during the storm, whether on the ground or in the air.

I'm driving up on Tuesday from
Miami (we're headed down there tomorrow to see family).

I don't mind if it rains while we're at Disney, I just hope not to have to drive up in it (especially since rain makes Miami drivers lose their minds).

Does anybody know if planes can land in Orlando during these kinds of events, given what they seem to be predicting right now? We just wanna get there! (We are Tuesday 10AM arrival from Milwaukee).... Can Monday flight arrival people post whether or not they made it please?!

These kinds of events can cover a broad range of conditions. What they are predicting right now is winds at 17mph on Monday. Doesn't sound like an issue to me.

I'm trying to drive down Wednesday from Kentucky. I'm a bit worried that we will be driving through rain the entire 12 hours.

Arrived today and it's gorgeous! Perfect weather. I'm keeping our plans as is. Tomorrow MK!

Newbie! About 6 hours away from my very first sight of WDW!! I'm from Arkansas so I understand weather unpredictability. But I was wondering what the best/most accurate weather app is to kee up with the changing precipitation?

So for people who have fast passes on monday, do you attempt to go to the park, or change the day completely and lose the passes ..hmmmmm

Don't fear the rain! It's Florida! It comes and goes. We had a blast when it rained our last trip. Tough it up and head into the parks. Wear a poncho, flip flops or crocs. Splash through it! We never laughed so hard. You can still have a blast! Be positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter