• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tropical Depression may be forming next week

You have more to worry about developing tornadoes as a by product of a TS than the blowing rain. Just keep checking the weather for updates. Tis the season.

We leave for USOF tomorrow morning. We are there until Wednesday night. I guess I can still cancel but who wants to do that! It looks like Monday an Tuesday will be total washouts with the "brunt" being later Monday into Tuesday as of now. Computer models seem to be zeroing in on Orlando area with this one too. Since 2008 I have traveled to Florida many times. This will be the first time it ha actually rained for more than 10 minutes. First trip in 2008 and it literally rained when we pulled up after a long drive (16 hours). It poured for about 10 minutes. MK cleared out and we walked on every ride! We have taken about 6 other trips and I don't think we have even seen a shower in that time.

I only worry if it is a cat. 3 or higher other then that I just back a poncho and rain shoes but then again I am a Floridian and have been thought a number of hurricanes in my life time...I think Disney has only closed a handful of times do to hurricanes ( maybe 3 or something like that so I would not count on disney closing )

I see the likelihood has been bumped to 30% to 40% and now to 60%! We fly into Orlando on Tuesday am and are due to land at 10am. If this all transpires what's the likelihood of us actually getting there? Should I start doing some serious re-planning? Maybe changing the actual dates of this trip? I don't ask this lightly because this will result in significant expense and other issues that aren't ideal....

I would not worry yet, a lot can happen in the next few days. Hopefully it will just be a day or two of rain.

I see the likelihood has been bumped to 30% to 40% and now to 60%! We fly into Orlando on Tuesday am and are due to land at 10am. If this all transpires what's the likelihood of us actually getting there? Should I start doing some serious re-planning? Maybe changing the actual dates of this trip? I don't ask this lightly because this will result in significant expense and other issues that aren't ideal....

This is really the only thing I'm worried about. We have a blast at Disney in the rain, but I'm worried about my flight Tuesday getting to Disney. We are supposed to leave Houston at 6 AM and land in Orlando at right around 10 AM. We are bringing some stuff for the kids to keep themselves occupied at the airport because I suspect we will be there for a while.

Safety hazard- drivers cannot control them in those sustained winds. My wife used to ride Lynx around Orlando and had real issues in the nastier storms.

Thats ridiculous. Buses would shut down all the time in my area if that was in place here.

Since we leave tomorrow morning, I am waiting for the afternoon model runs to make my decision - if we should go or not. This system does not look all that impressive at this time (minor winds) but it will almost certainly wash out a good part of Monday and possibly Tuesday. Ideally it comes through later Monday and then is out by Tuesday early morning leaving better weather for the majority of both days.

As others have said, it's hard to predict these things but model data puts this thing pretty much on track to hit Orlando. I don't think that rain banding will be likely at this time which is typical with a tropical type storm. It sure looks like the system will get wrapped up in the left over boundary/front from the north west and that is were the heavy precip will focus. Stronger front would move the storm out quicker. Weaker front the rain will stay around longer. Watch the system over the great lakes and it's associated cold front - this is what will be steering the storm.

We've had some our best times in the bad weather at WDW because so many people stay away we can go on many rides without long lines! Also, the waits at dining restaurants are much shorter!

I'll be flying in on Monday. Any live reports from people on site would be appreciated by many.

I live 2 miles from the MK. Right now (Friday, 6/3 at about 1 pm) the temperature is in the low 90's and we expect a thunderstorm this evening, which is pretty much what we've had the previous several days.

The American models (this afternoon) take the storm pretty much inline with what they had early this morning. Affecting Orlando with heavy rainfall between Monday afternoon sometime and Tuesday afternoon sometime. So it looks like a solid 16 to 24 hours of rainfall.

The Canadian model takes the storm north of Orlando with Orlando on the southern edge of heavy precip. It also generates close to a hurricane. It makes landfall between Cedar Key and Crystal river and tracks it north east to Jacksonville. What significant precip falls happens between 2am and 12pm Monday. - Best case scenario. Doubt its right at this point though considering it's skill level with tropical systems.

Sounds like just Monday afternoon & Tuesday are going to be all day rain. We fly in on Monday landing around 2:30. Maybe we will land just before it hits.

Anyone know what the weather conditions have to be to have a Keys to the Kingdom tour canceled? Ours is scheduled for Tuesday am.

Tuesday is my MK day. Staying positive but hoping for a little less rain!

I only worry if it is a cat. 3 or higher other then that I just back a poncho and rain shoes but then again I am a Floridian and have been thought a number of hurricanes in my life time...I think Disney has only closed a handful of times do to hurricanes ( maybe 3 or something like that so I would not count on disney closing )

How long have you been a Floridian? I am S. LA and I'll tell you now I'm 'very' respectful of Cat. 1+ - that's 74-95mph winds sustained!!
Cat 3 is 111-129 - it takes 'that' to worry you?? I've also been through several, and even TS status can be dangerous if there's lots of rain with it, because then it can mean downed trees, etc.

Anyway, we were at FW during TS Fay a few years ago, and water was 'everywhere' and all tents were gone and lots of trailers - was like a ghost town! We got regular updates on our door telling us if sustained winds became over 35mph, they would move us. We were in a Motorhome, and the only reason we didn't leave was it would have been following us.

We fly in tomorrow morning and fly out Wednesday evening. We should miss the storms with our flight times but I dread having all day long rain. I hope it isn't a severe storm. We went to Orlando last August when Hurricane Erika had threatened to strike. It completely missed and we had a dry trip with very low crowds instead. I don't think we will so lucky this time. :(

hope it just winds up being some rain. Sometimes the rain drives people out of the parks.

With all due respect I have been through a cat 1 sitting on top of my city for an entire day. It knocked out our power for a week. It destroyed neighborhoods and took out trees that were hundreds of years old. Once a storm becomes a hurricane you should take it seriously.

I am from New Orleans. I've seen what can happen. They should not be taken lightly.

Totally freaking out! We leave Tuesday from Chicago, supposed to land at 4:30p. Fingers crossed that we actually make it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter