Tron previews for DVC?

So. Was able to

so I was able to sneak in. What are the odds it holds? Lol. Also do I need to declare my 5 guests or can I just bring whoever with me day off?
Me too! I'm hoping they don't kick me out because I would be coming from NJ. Let me know if you hear anything!

How many times can we ride it during our hour and do I need to declare who my guests are before the day or just show up with people?

interesting. Folks on FB are happy to get in without needing a resort reservation, even though the guidelines said it was a requirement. Dvc IT at it again.

interesting. Folks on FB are happy to get in without needing a resort reservation, even though the guidelines said it was a requirement. Dvc IT at it again.
Yes but the website queue page before and during the registration said nothing about that. Also the confirmation page people got does not say you need a DVC resort reservation, only valid admission into MK. Someone in IT screwed up.

Not sure how they will cancel these that managed to get it without people showing up and then getting heated when denied entry. The confirmation page clearly omits the reservation requirement. I guess we will see.

If you only clicked on the link on the member site and then went through the queue there was nothing that said a reservation was needed.

I was able to get in almost immediately with spot 450 or something, everything went through and I printed the confirmation which was good because the page then refreshed automatically about 1 minute later. Anyways, I have NOT received an email confirmation, is that normal? We have never done any AP/DVC previews for anything, we just happened to be booked on direct points on March 4.

If you only clicked on the link on the member site and then went through the queue there was nothing that said a reservation was needed.
I'm thinking someone screwed up sticking that link on the site. Maybe it was supposed to be activated AFTER on-site guests had a chance to register, but who knows. They definitely shut down the registration though if you didn't have a hotel stay booked. More reports coming in that people were shut out. Denial isn't just a river in Africa.

Last edited:
I was able to get in almost immediately with spot 450 or something, everything went through and I printed the confirmation which was good because the page then refreshed automatically about 1 minute later. Anyways, I have NOT received an email confirmation, is that normal? We have never done any AP/DVC previews for anything, we just happened to be booked on direct points on March 4.
I received an email confirmation immediately.

I tried but it never gave us a blank to put in the number in our party and would error when I hit submit. I guess it was full? Kind of sucks that we have a resort reservation and couldn’t get on the preview.

same here. Check your spam.
So weird. I checked spam, trash, inbox. I have the printed confirmation with my email on there spelled correctly and all of my info (member ID, number of people . I guess I'll be bringing this paper with us.

One would hope that Disney realizes that any an error that was made was on their part and they shouldn't turn anyone away if they have a print out or screen shot. No one wants people showing up being denied entry.

In the information that was sent out and published prior to the queue going live, it did specifically state you needed to have a reservation booked on points (booked by 2/13 midnight) and had to be staying during the previews. If you still tried to book a time, got it, and then either you don't get confirmation or it's cancelled, that is not on Disney. People who did not have a room reservation meeting the prior disclosed criteria should not have even tried to get a preview spot, it's not fair to those who do have a reservation and were not get a spot. It doesn't affect me, I can wait until I'm there so I have no dog in the fight, I just don't think anyone should be upset if their preview times are cancelled because they didn't meet the requirements.

In the information that was sent out and published prior to the queue going live, it did specifically state you needed to have a reservation booked on points (booked by 2/13 midnight) and had to be staying during the previews. If you still tried to book a time, got it, and then either you don't get confirmation or it's cancelled, that is not on Disney. People who did not have a room reservation meeting the prior disclosed criteria should not have even tried to get a preview spot, it's not fair to those who do have a reservation and were not get a spot. It doesn't affect me, I can wait until I'm there so I have no dog in the fight, I just don't think anyone should be upset if their preview times are cancelled because they didn't meet the requirements.
I didn't get any email from DVC about the preview, probably because I didn't have a resort reservation. I did get one for the AP previews since we are AP. I was trying to get in for AP and then wondered when DVC previews were since I hadn't gotten anything, so I googled and it took me to a link to get in the active queue (which said nothing about needing a reservation), so I jumped in and after I got a confirmed res, abandoned my AP queue. I had no idea you had to have a res until I was looking on FB for an answer about whether you could have another park res for that day, and saw posts saying you had to have a res. So, that said, I won't be upset if it is canceled as it appears to be a glitch by Disney, but I do want to find out before my 24-hr window is past to cancel the flight I booked because I would be upset to pay for a flight down there and then preview is canceled. I will call MS tomorrow am to try to confirm if I'm good to go or not.

I didn't get any email from DVC about the preview, probably because I didn't have a resort reservation. I did get one for the AP previews since we are AP. I was trying to get in for AP and then wondered when DVC previews were since I hadn't gotten anything, so I googled and it took me to a link to get in the active queue (which said nothing about needing a reservation), so I jumped in and after I got a confirmed res, abandoned my AP queue. I had no idea you had to have a res until I was looking on FB for an answer about whether you could have another park res for that day, and saw posts saying you had to have a res. So, that said, I won't be upset if it is canceled as it appears to be a glitch by Disney, but I do want to find out before my 24-hr window is past to cancel the flight I booked because I would be upset to pay for a flight down there and then preview is canceled. I will call MS tomorrow am to try to confirm if I'm good to go or not.
I saw one member who was in a similar situation did call and MS did tell her she would be canceled. cant remember where I saw the post.

I saw one member who was in a similar situation did call and MS did tell her she would be canceled. cant remember where I saw the post.
Yes, I've seen those and also posts from people who called and said it was confirmed too, so I guess I'll call for myself and if they do confirm I am good, I'm definitely documenting the conversation as I'm seeing it go both ways :0)

I never received any notice from Disney about the DVC preview. Did they send an email or did I need a reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter