Tron previews for DVC?

I’ve never tried to get a Ride Preview reservation. Advice as to timing that might work tomorrow for DVC members? I’m assuming I’ll get the email showing a link sometime tomorrow morning ( I did get the teaser email earlier this week)? Is that the best way (only way?) to try to book?
Thanks for any help.

I’ve never tried to get a Ride Preview reservation. Advice as to timing that might work tomorrow for DVC members? I’m assuming I’ll get the email showing a link sometime tomorrow morning ( I did get the teaser email earlier this week)? Is that the best way (only way?) to try to book?
Thanks for any help.
It's just like Moonlight Magic: they send out a link to a virtual waiting room, and when reservations open, everyone in the waiting room is randomly placed in the queue and given a number. Doesn't matter if you've been there 10 minutes or 10 hours. As long as you are in the waiting room before reservations open, you will get a random number. If you join the queue after reservations open, you go to the end of the line and it goes in order of entry.

Interesting - I’m in WDW on points February 21st - 28th. I received an email with everyone else yesterday so I thought I would get lucky, but alas it’s in March.

Then just now I realized that my parents have a trip booked (same membership as me) to Vero Beach March 4-6. Could that be why we received the email? Would they be eligible?

If it makes anyone feel better, I was looking around and found that https://disneyurl.com/DVCTRON takes you to the same URL as was posted above. I do think it is a valid queue as I've been trying out different URLs over the past few days and normally nothing works.

Annoying the dates are only March 4, 5 and 6th. I wonder if they will do a 2nd run that doesn't require a DVC reservation. I assume that the AP previews will be longer than that ... but I guess we'll see.

Never done one of these before - there’s no point in trying the link before 11 AM, correct? And is the best strategy to try right at 11 AM? I assume we’re still getting an email tomorrow (I will be staying on pts for those dates) and do I need to go through the email l or can I just go right to this link?Also, does anyone have any idea how many hours one might be in the waiting room, and what happens after that? Meaning do I need to look at the screen every minute and then it will move to registration and I have to be ready to complete within 10 minutes etc? Thanks!

Never done one of these before - there’s no point in trying the link before 11 AM, correct? And is the best strategy to try right at 11 AM? I assume we’re still getting an email tomorrow (I will be staying on pts for those dates) and do I need to go through the email l or can I just go right to this link?Also, does anyone have any idea how many hours one might be in the waiting room, and what happens after that? Meaning do I need to look at the screen every minute and then it will move to registration and I have to be ready to complete within 10 minutes etc? Thanks!

You should have the website open BEFORE it goes live at 11am. Doesn't matter how you get there using the email or the link provided.

When 11am hits, everyone will get assigned a random place in the queue. Anyone loading the website after 11am will go to the back of the queue in order of their arrival time. So if you load the page at 11am and 1 second, you are now behind everyone who had the webpage open before 11am.

Usually there is a sound that plays when its your turn - there is a countdown too to tell you how many people are in front of you, so you can glance at it every once in awhile until the number gets down below 100 - then you want to watch it more carefully.

Have your DVC Membership number ready too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter