Tron previews for DVC?

FWIW, I talked to member services yesterday and asked if I booked a cash stay if it would be considered eligible for the Tron preview. She said that it would be but that any altering of the reservation after midnight would affect eligibility. It's a slight departure of what was said in the e-mail (re: using your membership) and I'm not 100% certain that I'd still be eligible, but ended up booking a couple one night stays at some of the values. If not, then no harm/no foul and I can cancel those rooms.

So, it looks like anyone with a resort reservation that includes at least one day within the March 4 to March 9 (possibly March 10) range received the email. Whether your stay starts before or ends after those dates doesn't seem to matter, as long as at least one day is between 3/4 and 3/9. At least that's how it's looking based on posts here and on the various Facebook pages.

Not March 10, we check in march 10 and no email.

As I’ve heard other say, this was a marketing email. The real registration one comes out on Thursday.

Anecdotally, I’ve seen a majority of people receiving the DVC email have stays in early March. But some with early March stays didn’t get it, some with late March stays got it, and some with no stays booked got it.

They haven’t confirmed dates yet. But early March does look likely (the rep at MS said the first wave would be early March). She also said they’ll be opening up more dates. But who really knows?

It’ll all become clear Thursday morning.
Clear as mud, likely lol

I got the email from DVC. Am booked 3/3 - 3/10. I have 2 memberships (one direct with blue card and one resale with white card) and am actually booked on my non-qualified (white card) membership. Am concerned if I will be able to book for the preview. I did book the last MM at DCA with my non-qualified membership during the resort registration dates and had no issues for the park (never checked any IDs?!?!), but I would have shown the DVC Y on my apple wallet.

I've seen people who have stays at the end of March say they got emails, om a couple FB groups
Yeah, but then when pushed further they say "I'm DVC and AP" and then never get back with what their email actually says. One or two have come back and in fact their email WAS for the AP preview. We shall see.

We are taking our first DVC trip ever the last week of March. I'm super disappointed that the only option they appear to be making for DVC members is if you were lucky enough to have booked within the narrow window (past the 30 day cancelation period). We probably spent an extra $5-10K to buy direct (and over $35k total) and had less opportunity to actually catch previews than people who purchased a 1 year AP or even the D23 membership. We've done Tron before in Shanghai so it's not the end of the world, but our kids were finally tall enough to ride and I think they would have loved it. Oh well.

We are taking our first DVC trip ever the last week of March. I'm super disappointed that the only option they appear to be making for DVC members is if you were lucky enough to have booked within the narrow window (past the 30 day cancelation period). We probably spent an extra $5-10K to buy direct (and over $35k total) and had less opportunity to actually catch previews than people who purchased a 1 year AP or even the D23 membership. We've done Tron before in Shanghai so it's not the end of the world, but our kids were finally tall enough to ride and I think they would have loved it. Oh well.

Don’t lose hope yet. They seem to be releasing the DVC dates in smaller ranges at a time which is actually great considering how awesome Disney IT tends to be…🙄🥴

I do hope they open up a date toward the end of March and one that doesn't require a DVC stay. Some members are willing to travel down or are within driving distance, just like those with APs. However, looking at the emails of those receiving I stand by my original thought that it is only on March 4th. I am hoping to be wrong.

They went back to how they did the Remy preview for DVC. You had to have a pre-existing reservation during the preview days to do the DVC preview. The Guardians DVC preview did not require a DVC stay during the DVC preview dates. Not sure whey they reverted back....

We are both DVC and AP. We don't even bother with the DVC previews- the AP has more dates available and doesn't require a booking. I looked for a DVC 1 night reservation on March 3rd or 4th and there was nothing available. No way was I taking a chance on a waitlist and then the dates weren't what I expected.

It seems odd to have all APs and a small number of DVC members register on one day and send out DVC emails and have another registration later. I am guessing DVC previews only span a few days. There wasn't much to pick from for Guardians. If I recall correctly it was only like 6ish days.

They went back to how they did the Remy preview for DVC. You had to have a pre-existing reservation during the preview days to do the DVC preview. The Guardians DVC preview did not require a DVC stay during the DVC preview dates. Not sure whey they reverted back....

We are both DVC and AP. We don't even bother with the DVC previews- the AP has more dates available and doesn't require a booking. I looked for a DVC 1 night reservation on March 3rd or 4th and there was nothing available. No way was I taking a chance on a waitlist and then the dates weren't what I expected.

It seems odd to have all APs and a small number of DVC members register on one day and send out DVC emails and have another registration later. I am guessing DVC previews only span a few days. There wasn't much to pick from for Guardians. If I recall correctly it was only like 6ish days.

Remy didn’t fill up either and they opened it to Jon resort stays but only could have member plus 3 people.

So, it looks like anyone with a resort reservation that includes at least one day within the March 4 to March 9 (possibly March 10) range received the email. Whether your stay starts before or ends after those dates doesn't seem to matter, as long as at least one day is between 3/4 and 3/9. At least that's how it's looking based on posts here and on the various Facebook pages.
Our reservation is 2/25 - 3/4 and we got the email. So it sounds like it could be the first of March.

How do they handle people with park hoppers for these previews? We have a long weekend trip 3/1-3/5 and I suspect that 3/4 will be the first day of DVC previews since CM previews go through 3/3. Our plan on that day is DHS in the morning and EPCOT in the evening. If we register and get a spot, let’s say at noon, will they let us hop to MK early?

How do they handle people with park hoppers for these previews? We have a long weekend trip 3/1-3/5 and I suspect that 3/4 will be the first day of DVC previews since CM previews go through 3/3. Our plan on that day is DHS in the morning and EPCOT in the evening. If we register and get a spot, let’s say at noon, will they let us hop to MK early?

For Cosmic Rewind, I received a 2nd park pass for the day for Epcot. IIRC that day I was supposed to be in Hollywood Studios, on my MDE it showed 2 park passes for me and my family. The 2nd park pass was not assigned until about a week before the event though.

This allowed me to get into Epcot at any point during the day (with a valid ticket).

For Cosmic Rewind, I received a 2nd park pass for the day for Epcot. IIRC that day I was supposed to be in Hollywood Studios, on my MDE it showed 2 park passes for me and my family. The 2nd park pass was not assigned until about a week before the event though.

This allowed me to get into Epcot at any point during the day (with a valid ticket).
Thank you. So, if I understand correctly, Disney just gave that to you, you didn’t have to make the second park reservation yourself, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter