Tron previews for DVC?

We bought DVC direct last year and are taking our welcome home trip March 22-March 31. I have not gotten the Tron email. Keeping fingers crossed that it still somehow works for us.

I called MS about this today because we have 11 people across 4 rooms. The CM checked with the events team and they said it would be similar to Moonlight Magic and based on the member number. All people in all rooms would be included.

One thing to note is how you booked the rooms.
For some events, everyone in all rooms booked with your points are included.
But if the rooms were booked as cash stays, only those people in the room with the eligible member are included.
If booked with cash, please call MS to verify eligibility.

FYI, I am DVC (blue card) and D23 Gold, but have not received any emails.
I did talk with MS and they confirmed that "anyone lucky enough to already have a reservation on preview dates" should have received an email.
I asked what are the dates, and they said that even they have not been told yet.
Boy, talk about doing things backwards, lol.

FYI, I am DVC (blue card) and D23 Gold, but have not received any emails.
I did talk with MS and they confirmed that "anyone lucky enough to already have a reservation on preview dates" should have received an email.
I asked what are the dates, and they said that even they have not been told yet.
Boy, talk about doing things backwards, lol.

That’s what I was told by MS, too 🤣. I’m sure they get frustrated, too. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that we probably won’t be able to experience it during a preview. We will probably miss it by a few days. When TRON’s opening date was announced, I thought about rescheduling our trip until later in the year so we could experience it. We only go to WDW every 3 or so years. But I decided we are just going to keep our original plans and have fun with what we can experience. We haven’t been on GOTG yet or Ratatouille so there’s that at least.

My son and I are staying 3/10-3/13 (SSR) and then 3/17- 3/19 (Kidani) around a Wish cruise. I didn’t get an email and he is freaking out because he cannot wait to ride this thing. He had me searching all my junk folders while at work! No email…
I assume that means we aren’t there on preview days?

So, it looks like anyone with a resort reservation that includes at least one day within the March 4 to March 9 (possibly March 10) range received the email. Whether your stay starts before or ends after those dates doesn't seem to matter, as long as at least one day is between 3/4 and 3/9. At least that's how it's looking based on posts here and on the various Facebook pages.

So, it looks like anyone with a resort reservation that includes at least one day within the March 4 to March 9 (possibly March 10) range received the email. Whether your stay starts before or ends after those dates doesn't seem to matter, as long as at least one day is between 3/4 and 3/9. At least that's how it's looking based on posts here and on the various Facebook pages.
I have a check in date of 3/9 and no email - and MS rep told me I was arriving outside the preview dates. So more like 3/4-3/8

Definitely the beginning of March. Plus it says you have to had booked using your dvc membership, meaning points only, of course blue card holders. More info coming out that to keep folks from booking only for this event the date will not be released early. You had to have booked your room by midnight yesterday to attend,so anyone who books as of today won’t qualify. Of course you need a park ticket too to get in. If your dates didn’t fall in the preview dates you will not get an email. Obviously the stars had to align for everyone who are deemed eligible. Good luck!

Just our luck at March 11-19

I have a check in date of 3/9 and no email - and MS rep told me I was arriving outside the preview dates. So more like 3/4-3/8
That was my original assessment, but the end date has been a bit hard to pin down with so many people either/also getting an AP email and not differentiating which affinity group they received their invitation under.

It does seem like March 4 is the beginning date, which would make sense with CM previews ending the 3rd.

I've seen people who have stays at the end of March say they got emails, om a couple FB groups

I never trust the Disney email process, but maybe there really is something to the idea that only those with DVC reservations already made for those early March dates are the ones getting the emails. Ultimately, it'll be way more important to see who gets the registration emails on the 16th, but it's looking more and more like around the 4th to 8th/9th. Interesting. By good luck, we already had a reservation during that time, so hoping to take advantage!

As I’ve heard other say, this was a marketing email. The real registration one comes out on Thursday.

Anecdotally, I’ve seen a majority of people receiving the DVC email have stays in early March. But some with early March stays didn’t get it, some with late March stays got it, and some with no stays booked got it.

They haven’t confirmed dates yet. But early March does look likely (the rep at MS said the first wave would be early March). She also said they’ll be opening up more dates. But who really knows?

It’ll all become clear Thursday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter