• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TRON Plus sized

There are test seats outside, and if you don’t fit in those you can have modified seating in the back with that is very forgiving

I will try to elaborate - there are seats that you ride crouched over and then there is a back normal bucket style seat that you do not have to crouch over to ride. You will need to be able to step into the seat and then there is a bar to come down to hold you in --- if it helps I will tell you I rode this at 340lbs - 5ft 6 and I wore a 26 / 28 womens clothes at the time. I had no problems in the back seat (i had no desire to try the crouched over seats)

It definitely depends on shape. I have think calves and hips, and just did not fit in the bike seats right. They did not want to push as they did not want to hurt me. I have ridden a few times in the back seats and it is actually a great view back there. When I was there in September, I rode with someone very similar shaped to me and she said they pushed the regular one so hard another time she rode and she was in pain for a couple days afterward. She loved it in the back with me. I have lost some weight since I last tried the bikes, but will probably stick with the back seats.

My nephew's girlfriend didn't fit in the bike seats, she had to ride in the regular seat. As a heads up, she also couldn't ride Flight of Passage, so if one is a problem the other maybe too.

My nephew's girlfriend didn't fit in the bike seats, she had to ride in the regular seat. As a heads up, she also couldn't ride Flight of Passage, so if one is a problem the other maybe too.
From personal experience, I can say that if you can't fit on the bikes on Tron, you won't be able to fit on FoP either, but the reverse isn't necessarily true. Both rides use similar leg restraint systems, but the back piece on Tron is far more forgiving than the back piece on FoP.

I was able to ride Tron on the bike at 5-8, 350, but I carry the bulk of my weight in my torso, and my calves are relatively small for someone my weight. FoP is hit or miss at that size, depending on how hard the CM is willing to push on the back restraint.

Also, FWIW, I found I actually enjoyed the ride more from the bench seat (you can see all of it without having to strain your neck to look up).

I have no trouble fitting on FoP (sz 18-20) but I don't fit on the Tron bikes due to calf size. I've ridden Tron several times in the bench seat and I've enjoyed the ride and look forward to riding it again. Even if I fit, I'm not sure I'd prefer the bike seat - my mom prefers the bench to the bike as the bike was uncomfortable for her (she's in her 70s).

Do most of the Tron trains have the bench seat now? Is the wait very long for it?
When I was there in September, it was every other train on the left side. I wasn't paying as much attention to the right side. And the line didn't seem too long. I'm going again Thursday and will look and report back! I haven't ridden in that seat yet but honestly it looks really fun and I want to! Would be easier on my claustrophobia!

When I was there in September, it was every other train on the left side. I wasn't paying as much attention to the right side. And the line didn't seem too long. I'm going again Thursday and will look and report back! I haven't ridden in that seat yet but honestly it looks really fun and I want to! Would be easier on my claustrophobia!
Thanks! I’m pretty sure DH and I will want the bench, so it will be good to have a general idea of what to expect.

I was nervous the first time I road… tried the test seat and fit fine but chickened out and road the bench the second time I road the bike and was fine… though my back was pinched a bit

The lap bar seats are a lot of fun! I've never even tried the test seats for the motorcycle-type regular seats because I have no interest in contorting my body like that for a ride, but we've ridden the lap bar seats 4 times and it's always been a breeze to get to, and an enjoyable ride.

The CMs also can very easily keep your party together if you're on the lap bar seats, we went to MVMCP with six friends and they all had rows of regular seats while DH and I sat in the lap-bars as their caboose :laughing:

My husband and brother in law are similar builds, but my brother in law is taller...my husband was able to fit on the bike, but my brother in law had to go to the bench seat. So height does play a factor as well(they are both plus sized)

There are regular seats in the back row that people can ride in if they’re not comfortable in the motorcycle style seat

I've ridden it both ways. - I also agree I think it has ore to do with your flexibility and calf size. My mom couldn't do the regular seat but it really had more to do with unable to be as flexible as she was when she was younger. Honestly after riding both ways; I 100% prefer the bench. All the adults in our party (5 who ride the bike) only 1 of which is overweight felt the bikes were pretty uncomfortable. I probably won't ever do/wait for a bench if I'm not traveling with someone who needs the bench, but if given the option I'd choose the bench every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter