• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron/Guardians ride photos not showing up…

ten822

Mouseketeer
I paid for memory maker so I want to get every picture but these ride photos didn’t show up in my photos. I was wearing my magic band. There wasn’t even a screen with photos at the exit of the ride??

I paid for memory maker so I want to get every picture but these ride photos didn’t show up in my photos. I was wearing my magic band. There wasn’t even a screen with photos at the exit of the ride??
How old is your magic band? After a few years the technology that pulls the ride photos from a long distance starts to not work. The band will still work with all the touch point features (room entrance, park tickets, lightning lane, etc.). This happened to us in March. You can go online to Photopass and fill out a request to find them or call the Photopass number and the cast member will find them on the line with you. It helps if you can pinpoint as close as you can to the time you were riding and if you have other pictures from that day in your account so they can see who is in the picture and the clothes you are wearing. I called and it took about 45 minutes but he found our Tron, Guardians, Everest, Haunted Mansion, Slinky Dog and Pirates pictures for me. Our bands were about 2-3 years old. I knew it could happen and I thought I wouldn’t mind that much, but it turned out I did so we bought new bands for our most recent trip and they all appeared with no problems.

And that's how they get you to buy new bands.

Exactly. We went on Guardians of the Galaxy when it first opened. Didn’t get the picture automatically, so I went to the photo pass counter and they found our picture. Even after tapping our 3 year old magic band at the photo pass customer service- we still did NOT receive our pictures. Our next trip is in September and I think we have to buy new magic bands- otherwise we will miss out on several ride pictures 🙄

Exactly. We went on Guardians of the Galaxy when it first opened. Didn’t get the picture automatically, so I went to the photo pass counter and they found our picture. Even after tapping our 3 year old magic band at the photo pass customer service- we still did NOT receive our pictures. Our next trip is in September and I think we have to buy new magic bands- otherwise we will miss out on several ride pictures 🙄
Just buy one new magic band.

My MB is likely 5 years old, DS had his phone open to receive photos. Two trips this summer, multiple rides on each. Got our Guardians every time, never got a TRON photo.

My MB is likely 5 years old, DS had his phone open to receive photos. Two trips this summer, multiple rides on each. Got our Guardians every time, never got a TRON photo.
I showed up on the Tron photo, but ds and dh didn’t. We all were wearing mb2. And my phone wasn’t open.

I showed up on the Tron photo, but ds and dh didn’t. We all were wearing mb2. And my phone wasn’t open.
So inconsistent, so frustrating. That is something they could have had running perfectly before opening.

As AP we just hope to get another trip but for folks who spent the big bucks for a big trip, who paid for photopass and who may not get back - how upsetting to not get your photo on these big rides.

Our Tron photo from May never showed up in our account either. Our vehicles weren't full and there was no queue whatsoever when we rode. For that matter the Pirate's photo we received wasn't us and ours never arrived. HM from that day--same--no photo. We had new MBs and my phone is always open on BT. Seems odd that none of them worked and it was all on the same morning before noon. I also have photopass. :headache:

Two of us have MB2 and 1 had a new MB+; but all newer magic bands and we had some small issues. There were inconsistencies in who got in what pic. For example, on Tron, I only showed up on the ride video, not the still picture. Still pic was only my daughters. Insult to injury considering as the parents, we paid for the trip lol.

I did see where they added the QR code while you're in line for these rides to scan with your phone so hopefully you can get your pictures but it's still annoying. We also got a handful of other people's pics from 7DMT, Slinky, RnRC and Space Mtn. That happens at least once every trip but this trip, it was 4 times....technology at some point should get better, not worse.

Nope. Brand new magic band + this trip and nothing after multiple rides on both AND bluetooth on AND clicking on the QR code.

There was a thread on here that alerted me when they had a new selection of Magic Band2 for resort stays. That really helped. I didn’t want to have one more thing to charge and the price of the Magic Band+ seemed kind of steep for all of us to get new ones.

If you remember the approximate time and day you rode, photopass can look it up and search for the photos manually. I haven’t had this done for Tron, but in the past for other attractions. Sometimes it can be found, sometimes not. But it’s worth a try.

We had this happen a couple weeks ago with Guardians of the Galaxy. Click the missing photo button and fill out the information as completely as you can. We sent date and time range, the approximate location of ride vehicle, what we were wearing, genders, magic band number, and any other info we could like arms up etc. They were able to find the photo and added it to our memory maker/ photo pass. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter