Tron- don't wear a dress, right?

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
I wear a lot of sundresses to the parks, either a bit above the knee or midi length.

But for MK, if we're able to secure a ride on Tron, it looks like there's no way to really wear a dress? I do on FoP if that matters.

I'm thinking shorts but just thought I'd check if anyone has attempted Tron in a dress. 😄

Well you're going to be straddling a light cycle as your hurdled outside under a canopy for everyone in the world to see. Yes people do walk underneath in the line and from the walkway to Storybook circus down there so they might enjoy the show. I'll leave it up to you. But I wear pants

The vehicle itself isn't clear or see-through right? If you're sitting on something that is not see through I don't think this would be a problem unless you're objection is to your legs touching the vehicle.

I did the D23 preview and wore a skort - and not a flowy one; it was a tighter golf skort, and I had no issues at all. There were several others there with skirts and dresses on as well. As long as you have bike shorts on under your skirt, you’ll be fine. It is rather awkward to get off the bike, so you’ll definitely want something on under for that reason alone.

From looking at the ride vehicle I'd think the back part that holds you in would also hold any dress down? The cars go by so fast I doubt anyone would see anything more than a blur anyway. Here comes the next TikTok trend lol

Biker shorts under skirts and dresses are always a good idea in crowded places, even more so getting on and off rides.

With rides built like FoP and Tron, it also helps protect your legs.

I did the D23 preview and wore a skort - and not a flowy one; it was a tighter golf skort, and I had no issues at all. There were several others there with skirts and dresses on as well. As long as you have bike shorts on under your skirt, you’ll be fine. It is rather awkward to get off the bike, so you’ll definitely want something on under for that reason alone.
This is great info! I'm planning to wear a golf skort on my MK day and I wondered if it would be too difficult to get on the bike.

I also prefer to wear dresses in hot weather, but wasn’t sure about Tron, so I wore running shorts for my AP preview. From that experience, I think a dress wold work, if spacious enough to allow lifting a leg to get on and off. The bigger issue is that sweaty thighs on the side of the “bike” was not particularly comfortable: my loose, but not long, polyester shorts had to hike pretty far up to straddle the seat. I’d have been happier in slip shorts or compression shorts under a skirt/dress!

I also prefer to wear dresses in hot weather, but wasn’t sure about Tron, so I wore running shorts for my AP preview. From that experience, I think a dress wold work, if spacious enough to allow lifting a leg to get on and off. The bigger issue is that sweaty thighs on the side of the “bike” was not particularly comfortable: my loose, but not long, polyester shorts had to hike pretty far up to straddle the seat. I’d have been happier in slip shorts or compression shorts under a skirt/dress!

Yes, from reading all responses I figure can just tuck dress between my legs like I would do when getting on a regular motorcycle, scooter or bicycle.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter