Tron AP preview thread

Well, perhaps a train every now and then that is all accessible - there seems to be a demand for the upright cars not just for those who can't ride bikes, but by those who choose not to. As much as Disney tries to accommodate everyone, this feels a little limiting.

Quick history: The motorbike coaster in this form has existed for approximately 10 - 15 years. Most models are in Europe. The only other ride in the US that uses a similar train design is Pony Express at Knotts Berry Farm in CA and that is aimed towards children.

The thing about Tron that makes it unique is that with the way the Motorbike seating forces you to sit, the body experiences G Forces Differently. The trains are designed with the "Back hugger" restraint that allows you to sit up. Most people make the mistake of Lying down on their chest or belly instead of sitting as high up in the restraint as possible.

With this altered sitting up position, the body experiences G forces in a much different way that creates a feeling of instability, almost like you are falling into the track. This is the way the trains are designed to allow you for the most intense experience. Literally designed to make you think you are going to fall out when you are safely secured. Part of this safety mechanism is the small bar that goes behind your knees to ensure you are unable to rise from your seat fully. This is where you are ACTUALLY fully held into the ride and those little metal bars are what actually prevent most people from riding, not their upper body.

Additionally, the Vekoma Motorbike wasnt designed to travel in a "train" like they have it for Tron. It was only supposed to be 2-4 total riders at a time. (In this case max 4 motor bikes as one train) but in order to increase occupancy, they made longer trains. If you aren't sitting in the first two rows, the ride is vastly different and there in lies your issue. If there were smaller trains, they could run just the individual trains instead of the long ones that put riders in the last 3 rows at a disadvantage.

By placing riders in the front that are not sitting in the Motorbike configuration, they vastly decrease the value of the coaster for the other riders. I think they would have benefit more from making shorter trains for the experience. That way everyone sits in the front. Hopeful thinking for the future.

Ride broke down on both sides.
Not sure what you mean by both sides, there is only one ride path. Not sure if Tron has the ability to run with only one Load/Unload station. It does have a little longer load time than most roller coasters due to the unique trains.

They had some downtime on the day we were there for our Preview but they were back up and running quickly.

Well, it ran smoothly for about 4weeks.
Pretty darn good by Disney standards .
Less see how long it is down.
It was down about 30 minutes. Not too bad but we used rider swap and dh ended up not riding otherwise we would’ve missed our lunch because the line was so backed up

Not sure what you mean by both sides, there is only one ride path. Not sure if Tron has the ability to run with only one Load/Unload station. It does have a little longer load time than most roller coasters due to the unique trains.

They had some downtime on the day we were there for our Preview but they were back up and running quickly.
I was on the left side and the right side kept going while our side was down. Then both sides eventually went down. A CM said they had to pull one of the trains back in after the launch because they got backed up

I was on the left side and the right side kept going while our side was down. Then both sides eventually went down. A CM said they had to pull one of the trains back in after the launch because they got backed up
One side can continue to dispatch while the other holds, this doesn't mean the ride is down, it means that one station is delayed.

One side can continue to dispatch while the other figures out what the issue is. Usually it would be people taking a while to get in or out of a vehicle.

The Tron Ride vehicles are the most expensive part of the ride, so they are surely very protective of them.

I did my preview this morning and it was awesome! My time slot was for 9-10 and I went there first thing when the park opened. There were some people already in line (I’m guessing AP holders who had early entry) but not bad at all. From getting my magic band scanned to sitting down on the ride was about 15 minutes. I asked for the front and only had to wait for one train. They scanned my magic band twice, once by Space Mountain and again when entering the line for the ride. They didn’t ask for my ID. As expected, there were no re-rides allowed even though when I got off there was no line. I was annoyed the exit went all the way by Storybook Circus because I had to walk all the way around to get back to do Space lol

Overall I thought it was a great ride! It was a little more intense than I was expecting which was great. It makes Space Mountain look lame but I still had fun the 3 times I did Space today 🤣

Has anyone been late to their preview slot? I should make it, but dreading the spring break I4 drive Friday afternoon from Tampa.
It’s never a good time to drive I-4 anymore! Always a bottle neck at Haines City Exit and Champions Gate. My son lives near the Haines City exit and has to take I-4and it sometimes takes him 2 hours to get to work. It should only take 30 minutes, tops.

Don’t forget about the 9pm to 5am construction on your way home. For a while there were rolling blockades. But I think it’s now just exit closures.

Sorry it this has been asked/answered but I didn't see it. 2 of our reserved party can't make it tonight for the preview. Is it possible for another AP (that is in MK but not on our reservation) to ride with us? TIA!

Sorry it this has been asked/answered but I didn't see it. 2 of our reserved party can't make it tonight for the preview. Is it possible for another AP (that is in MK but not on our reservation) to ride with us? TIA!
Most likely not. Their mb would have to scan showing them on the confirmation for the special event.

Hearing that riding in the front is the best. But what is the best way to sit? Are you resting your chest on the vehicle with your head down? Or are you trying to sit up as far as possible with the back restraint? Opinions?

Hearing that riding in the front is the best. But what is the best way to sit? Are you resting your chest on the vehicle with your head down? Or are you trying to sit up as far as possible with the back restraint? Opinions?
I sat up as far as possible and went all superman - it was soooooooooooo fun.

Just did my 7-8pm! I use DAS so I had to talk to a cast member near the beginning of the ride line. They checked me in and sent my group down to the lightning lane side.

The ride was so fun and faster than I expected. I have chronic pain and being held in the bike position was a little hard for me, but not enough to deter me from riding again in the future.

I sat up as far as I could, arms up, back arched. It was awesome.

Hi fellow nerds. I have my reservation for today but never received an email with instructions on where to check in for the preview. Do I simply go to the ride at my allotted time or is there something else I need to do? Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Hi fellow nerds. I have my reservation for today but never received an email with instructions on where to check in for the preview. Do I simply go to the ride at my allotted time or is there something else I need to do? Thanks in advance for the help!!!
Just go to the ride and have your magic band or pass.

Is the front or the back better? If I can only ride once I’m gonna sit in the best seat 😂
I ended up in row 1, no extra wait as no one had requested it. LOVED IT. I would wait extra for that thrill again.
Here for AP preview right now. 7pm-8pm and the line stretches back to mad tea party. Ridiculous.

I’m not sure the best way to deal with this. I arrived shortly after my 1:30pm window opened and I walked right up to the first scan, no line because the line had already been let in for my 1:30 slot. I would have had a long wait at the ride I think, looked long (I’m DAS so I don’t know how long the normal line was).

I saw the line to tea cups from the people mover earlier and knew that wasn’t happening for me so I waited until about 1:35pm. On arrival they were starting up that holding line for the 2pm group already.

I think the best way with no RS* would have been arrive like 5–10 mins before the next 30 min group is called. No outside line and you’ll be at the front of the next group basically. *Could run into issues at RS because the wait for it could be backed up resulting in the next group flooding in by you while you stand in the RS line.

I ended up in row 1, no extra wait as no one had requested it. LOVED IT. I would wait extra for that thrill again.

I’m not sure the best way to deal with this. I arrived shortly after my 1:30pm window opened and I walked right up to the first scan, no line because the line had already been let in for my 1:30 slot. I would have had a long wait at the ride I think, looked long (I’m DAS so I don’t know how long the normal line was).

I saw the line to tea cups from the people mover earlier and knew that wasn’t happening for me so I waited until about 1:35pm. On arrival they were starting up that holding line for the 2pm group already.

I think the best way with no RS* would have been arrive like 5–10 mins before the next 30 min group is called. No outside line and you’ll be at the front of the next group basically. *Could run into issues at RS because the wait for it could be backed up resulting in the next group flooding in by you while you stand in the RS line.
We showed up around 10:15 for our 10 am slot and the 10:30 group was starting a line that was getting long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter