• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

Same thing happened with DVC. Requirement was that DVC members had to have an existing DVC resort reservation already booked (before a certain date) in order to book a Tron preview. Apparently the system allowed DVC members to book preview regardless of whether they were staying on property, and from what I have read they are allowing those folks without a resort reservation to keep their preview reservation. Doesn’t seem fair for those who followed the rules and weren’t able to get a preview slot.

I never received the DVC email (only AP) since I didn’t have a room booked..

..but, wow, DVC used the honor system for this too?? That’s surprising knowing how well their system works for MM.

Yes, it’s not fair, especially with the posted warning. Hopefully Disney will stop planning these events during block-out dates.
Ok, look, I get that when you finally got on to the page to book the preview day/time it was kind of nerve wracking because you wanted to do it quickly before your slot disappeared; BUT it was in the initial email that you needed to have valid park admission for the day. It was also on the site to boo the preview.
Having a Pixie Pass, I made sure to have a calendar in front of me with which days were not block out days, I adjusted accordingly and found something that worked.

At some point the Guest needs to take responsibility for the error that THEY made. If you booked a date that you couldn't enter the park I don't see why Disney would all of a sudden grant you admission. It wasn't Disney's fault that you didn't follow the instructions.

Ok, look, I get that when you finally got on to the page to book the preview day/time it was kind of nerve wracking because you wanted to do it quickly before your slot disappeared; BUT it was in the initial email that you needed to have valid park admission for the day. It was also on the site to boo the preview.
Having a Pixie Pass, I made sure to have a calendar in front of me with which days were not block out days, I adjusted accordingly and found something that worked.

At some point the Guest needs to take responsibility for the error that THEY made. If you booked a date that you couldn't enter the park I don't see why Disney would all of a sudden grant you admission. It wasn't Disney's fault that you didn't follow the instructions.
It’s Disneys fault that they set up the hunger games.

I get why you’re upset. I have an Incredipass with a dummy Gold Pass Exchange sitting in my account. And the system was going to allow me to add the Gold too (which I promptly unchecked, btw).

Completely different from our Ratatouille preview when the system blocked Dad’s renewal certificate. And that was not during a blocked date. So 75 yr old Dad with an AP had to sit outside the area and wait for us because the system blocked him.

My issue here is that Disney had the power to enforce their own rule. They KNOW how to block and automatic cancellation. However, not only did they not enforce it, they gifted comp tickets. I can’t blame anybody but Disney for that.

A park reservation is made for you to access MK on your preview date. You can enter the MK at any time during the day. You may also hold a concurrent park reservation for EPCOT, MGM, or AK and access that park.
So does this mean you can enter both parks before 2 PM? Next Wednesday 3/8 I’m doing my Tron preview in the morning and I have a separate reservation for Epcot and would love to ride Guardians an extra time but I have to leave around 2 to go to the airport

So does this mean you can enter both parks before 2 PM? Next Wednesday 3/8 I’m doing my Tron preview in the morning and I have a separate reservation for Epcot and would love to ride Guardians an extra time but I have to leave around 2 to go to the airport
Yes, but the question still remains if the Genie system will allow you to get a VQ or ILL$ for Epcot as for the GotG preview the Epcot res took precedence over any other park res you may have already made - so for this one your MK res will be considered your first park and you’d be blocked using Genie at Epcot until after 2:00. Someone has said they called and the CM claimed this has been fixed, but we have no first hand info yet.

So with all of the mishaps and mistakes made on Disney's end with AP and DVC Previews, as well as ticketing freeze outs for D23 do you all think they may open up a few slots on the days of Previews to help people who were at a Disadvantage? What about people that didn't receive a confirmation who show up? How have they handled this in the past for those of you at Previews for GOG or Remy, etc. Has anyone ever had a confirmation canceled and then gotten on in the end? You'd think Disney would do everything they can for their most supportive fanbase- the APS, DVC and D23 Gold Members...
Honestly, no. I don't think they'll add more
They are "bending over backwards" by allowing those who shouldn't have access, access.
That's all they'll do, in my opinion.

Honestly, I go to Universal because I don’t have to pretend that it is
First Class Customer Service because their team members are just fun and helpful and happy to be employed by Universal Studios Orlando.
Disney has cut the piece of the profit pie into so many fragments including Your personal info!
Hate to share but Universal shares your info too.
Don't think they don't.
As an AP holder for both I don't put any one over the other. They both have plusses and minuses.
I had as many issues getting a Mardi Gras parade spot as you did a Tron preview spot (as in I didn't get one)
Neither company is without blame for poor CS when it suits them. They both have great CS when it suits them too. Neither do it when it suits the guest most.

Hate to share but Universal shares your info too.
Don't think they don't.
As an AP holder for both I don't put any one over the other. They both have plusses and minuses.
I had as many issues getting a Mardi Gras parade spot as you did a Tron preview spot (as in I didn't get one)
Neither company is without blame for poor CS when it suits them. They both have great CS when it suits them too. Neither do it when it suits the guest most.
I'd love to hear more about how Disney and Universal have made things right for people. No one is getting everything, but take care of your Core...

Got my follow-up email. (Preview is 3/8) Vital information includes:

Please do not arrive to check-in before your registered preview window begins and plan to check-in no later than 15 minutes before the end of your preview window. Check-in will take place at the plant wall to the left of Space Mountain, leading to the entrance of TRON Lightcycle / Run.
Thank you for this. Our AP preview slot is 3/4 and I've not gotten any emails. I would have probably tried to check-in out at the tap styes since that is where DVC was told to go.

So, in the past, we could have a park reservation for another park + the preview reservation. We have an evening Tron preview (6:30pm) so once we booked our hotel, I went to book another park for that morning.

It won't let me.

The system says I already have a reservation (I do - it's the one they made for us) so it won't let me book a park to start the day at. We really didn't want to do MK all day, but instead hop over there after dinner for our preview.

Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to resolve it?

So, in the past, we could have a park reservation for another park + the preview reservation. We have an evening Tron preview (6:30pm) so once we booked our hotel, I went to book another park for that morning.

It won't let me.

The system says I already have a reservation (I do - it's the one they made for us) so it won't let me book a park to start the day at. We really didn't want to do MK all day, but instead hop over there after dinner for our preview.

You needed to have one prior to them adding the MK one. Don’t believe there is a way to add another one now.

You needed to have one prior to them adding the MK one. Don’t believe there is a way to add another one now.

Well boo. I may ask when we check in that morning and see if anything can be done - doesn't hurt, I suppose! Thanks!

It won't let me.

I called Disney on the same issue. They said if you had a park reservation existing before they added the MK reservation, then you can have two for that day. But you can’t book a second one now.

It’s really not that difficult to code to check the blackout dates of the person who logged in and only show dates that are eligible. 20 something years ago I was a developer and my philosophy was if I left door open in my code that someone walked through, that was shame on me.

Or at least have the system not allow those who are blocked out to book previews on blockout days. This is 2023, surely with some programming that would be possible…
Disney should really schedule previews when there are no blackouts. It’s a little unfair otherwise.

Though I agree some prioritization could have been applied. Maybe. And I say that not having gotten an AP preview either (despite being high tier).

If we cancel the MK reservation does that cancel the preview? Really wanted to go to Epcot and over to HS to see Mando on Monday before going over to MK for my preview at 7. I guess I can ask the concierge at the Contemporary when I get there on Sunday.

Maybe this info is out there already but I haven't caught it. Does anyone know if Tron will run in the rain? We have our preview on Monday which is calling for cloudy with occasional rain. I know it's sort of under cover but is that good enough?

Edit: Nevermind. I should have done my simple google search first. Yes, it will run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter