• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

Compulsively keep checking … just in case.
I have noticed reports of AP&DVC preview guests needing to cancel .
The question remains of how to cancel and those dates that occur after the previews end... Will WDW add more dates ?
In the past the canceled reservations were just gone
they never added more back to be able to book

What’s the protocol for previews going back to the “pool”?

Or will they? I’m assuming unless there’s a massive amount of cancellations Disney wouldn’t go through the hassle? I have been checking periodically to see if anything pops up but nothing so far (“event is full”).
When I didn’t get a preview for Guardians I kept checking but nothing ever came up. I don’t get why it’s not easy to cancel and why they don’t open those up for other people

I was just curious if anyone has gotten their follow up email that tells where to check in at. I got my confirmation email the day I registered and it said we would receive another one 5-7 days out with check in instructions. My preview is on 3/4 (so 5 days from now) and nothing so far. I did get my park pass loaded but no follow up email about checking in yet. I assume there will be someone at the park entrance, like there was for the Guardians Preview but wasn’t sure.

Also on 3/4! I got the confirmation email at the beginning, I have not received anything else and no additional park pass loaded (though I’m also doing the AP preview a few days later and did get the additional park pass loaded for that one 🤷🏻‍♀️) I’m just going to show the confirmation email and assume it will be fine.

I am also on 3/4. I never got the first confirmation email and have received nothing since. I did print (well save to PDF) the screenshot and our MK park passes have been added so I assume we are good to go.

Preview is 3/4. Never received a confirmation email when I registered - but I did print the confirmation page. Park passes are added to MDE- but no email with more information (as the confirmation page stated there would be).
Same. I got the original confirmation email. But nothing since. March 4 is my preview.

Speaking from past experiences
  1. A park reservation is made for you to access MK on your preview date. You can enter the MK at any time during the day. You may also hold a concurrent park reservation for EPCOT, MGM, or AK and access that park.
  2. There will be a sign like this one at MK entrance. You don't have to go through the corresponding turnstile. If it's an AP blackout date you will not be allowed to enter the park.
  3. Although the sign up instructions say to bring a printed copy of the confirmation I've never been asked for one.
  4. Report to the Tron attraction, there will be signage directing you to scan your MB to confirm your ride details.

Attachments

• 20220520_110206.jpg
    20220520_110206.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1

Perhaps this is old news, but I just saw that Disney is adding free 1-day comp passes to the APs who booked on block-out (or blackout?) dates. Wasn’t there some scary bolded warning about it being automatically cancelled? Lol. I’m guessing they changed their mind due to cancellations.

Last edited:
Perhaps this is old news, but I just saw that Disney is adding free 1-day comp passes to the APs who booked on block-out dates. Wasn’t there some scary bolded warning about it being automatically cancelled? Lol. I’m guessing they changed their mind due to cancellations.
I heard that as well. And whenever the next AP preview comes, APs who are blocked out will expect it to happen then as well. And to think there were some higher tier APs who didn't get reservations because those with cheaper passes got them. Really not fair, IMO.

Last edited:
I heard that as well. And whenever the next AP preview comes, APs who are blocked out will expect it to happen then as well. And to think there were some higher tier APs who didn't get reservations because those with cheaper passes got them. Really not fair, IMO.

Yes, it’s not fair, especially with the posted warning. Hopefully Disney will stop planning these events during block-out dates.

Or at least have the system not allow those who are blocked out to book previews on blockout days. This is 2023, surely with some programming that would be possible…

Same thing happened with DVC. Requirement was that DVC members had to have an existing DVC resort reservation already booked (before a certain date) in order to book a Tron preview. Apparently the system allowed DVC members to book preview regardless of whether they were staying on property, and from what I have read they are allowing those folks without a resort reservation to keep their preview reservation. Doesn’t seem fair for those who followed the rules and weren’t able to get a preview slot.

So with all of the mishaps and mistakes made on Disney's end with AP and DVC Previews, as well as ticketing freeze outs for D23 do you all think they may open up a few slots on the days of Previews to help people who were at a Disadvantage? What about people that didn't receive a confirmation who show up? How have they handled this in the past for those of you at Previews for GOG or Remy, etc. Has anyone ever had a confirmation canceled and then gotten on in the end? You'd think Disney would do everything they can for their most supportive fanbase- the APS, DVC and D23 Gold Members...

Got my follow-up email. (Preview is 3/8) Vital information includes:

Please do not arrive to check-in before your registered preview window begins and plan to check-in no later than 15 minutes before the end of your preview window. Check-in will take place at the plant wall to the left of Space Mountain, leading to the entrance of TRON Lightcycle / Run.

Perhaps this is old news, but I just saw that Disney is adding free 1-day comp passes to the APs who booked on block-out (or blackout?) dates. Wasn’t there some scary bolded warning about it being automatically cancelled? Lol. I’m guessing they changed their mind due to cancellations.
Yep there was. This is really is stupid of Disney, they’ve set a precedent.

That is so … Please look for TRON Preview Event Sign and the WDW Castmember … but find the suspicious person in costume by the bushes ignore the construction and closed Space Mnt Exit Gift Shop …
Anyway Have fun !

I assume the TTA PeopleMover li e will need Genie+ / $ILL$ or Plaid Tour to avoid long lines filled with all of us that could not get :
DVC Preview
WDW AP Preview
plus No email link even tho WDW manages to send me notification everytime I log in or log out of DisneyWorld.com

I will have to just look at it from train or PeopleMover .

Last edited:
So with all of the mishaps and mistakes made on Disney's end with AP and DVC Previews, as well as ticketing freeze outs for D23 do you all think they may open up a few slots on the days of Previews to help people who were at a Disadvantage? What about people that didn't receive a confirmation who show up? How have they handled this in the past for those of you at Previews for GOG or Remy, etc. Has anyone ever had a confirmation canceled and then gotten on in the end?
They did not for Remy and GOTG but if the reports they are throwing free park tickets to blacked out APs are true IMHO anything is on the table now.

Honestly, I go to Universal because I don’t have to pretend that it is
First Class Customer Service because their team members are just fun and helpful and happy to be employed by Universal Studios Orlando.
Disney has cut the piece of the profit pie into so many fragments including Your personal info!

I’m very excited for my preview on the 10th! I have a pirate pass. I double checked the blockout dates. My friend did not and booked the 12th. It shows in the app and she got an email. I’m wondering if she’ll get denied entry at the gate 😅😅
Is your friend showing a one day comp ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter