Tron AP preview thread

So if you have a park reservation for Epcot and one at Magic Kingdom for the preview, then you can't join the 7:00 a.m. virtual cue for Guardians and still make your Magic Kingdom try and ride at 2:00 p.m.? I just want to make sure I understand how this all works. We're flying in early on the morning of the 12th. Arriving in Orlando around 8:00 a.m. I'm staying at the dolphin. By the time we get transportation, it'll probably be 10:00 a.m. I might have a shot at getting the virtual cue for Guardians, but I don't want to even try if it'll mess up my Tron ride. Tron is scheduled at 2:00. That way we can hop through Epcot and take the monorail over to Magic. I know we can get a bus too. All options are open. I'm disabled and use a wheelchair, so ground transportation is a little more complicated for me. It also means I'll be riding one of those accessible seats in the back of the Tron coaster. My family wants to ride the light cycles in front of me. Hopefully I won't make us all wait too long. I'm really really really happy that they created an accessible sea:t on this ride. I didn't think I'd be able to do Tron at all. I know I can't do flight of passage and it has a similar seating mechanism. Now if only they could improve flight of passage by creating a seat that is this "disabled friendly". :: hint hint :: Disney
Possibly. For GotG, the system chose Epcot as your park for the day over whatever other park you had reserved, even if the other park was reserved first. So, unless IT has fixed that somehow, you will be unable to book a VQ at Epcot because the system will think MK is your reserved park. You should be able to tap into Epcot before 2pm, but Genie will not recognize that as your first park for booking LL or VQ purposes. I had zero issues hopping back and forth between HS and Epcot well-before 2pm (a few times actually) during my Remy preview, but that was before Genie, so that didn’t come into play. It’s not going to mess up anything to try to get the VQ - I tried to book things in HS during my GotG and it wouldn’t let me; the system will just tell you you’re not eligible. If it’s magically fixed, it will be a nice bonus.

Possibly. For GotG, the system chose Epcot as your park for the day over whatever other park you had reserved, even if the other park was reserved first. So, unless IT has fixed that somehow, you will be unable to book a VQ at Epcot because the system will think MK is your reserved park. You should be able to tap into Epcot before 2pm, but Genie will not recognize that as your first park for booking LL or VQ purposes. I had zero issues hopping back and forth between HS and Epcot well-before 2pm (a few times actually) during my Remy preview, but that was before Genie, so that didn’t come into play. It’s not going to mess up anything to try to get the VQ - I tried to book things in HS during my GotG and it wouldn’t let me; the system will just tell you you’re not eligible. If it’s magically fixed, it will be a nice bonus.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll be in the air when the 7am window opens so it's not a big deal. I can go on Monday instead. I doubt I'm getting much sleep that trip. Far too excited.

I called the passholder line this week to ask if this glitch has been fixed. She said it was but then said the latest they heard that day was that there were still some things they needed to tweak but they are confident it will be fixed by the time passholder previews begin. Honestly I'll believe it when I see it and am going in expecting to have to visit a blue umbrella that morning at the park we start at.

I’m very excited for my preview on the 10th! I have a pirate pass. I double checked the blockout dates. My friend did not and booked the 12th. It shows in the app and she got an email. I’m wondering if she’ll get denied entry at the gate 😅😅

I was just curious if anyone has gotten their follow up email that tells where to check in at. I got my confirmation email the day I registered and it said we would receive another one 5-7 days out with check in instructions. My preview is on 3/4 (so 5 days from now) and nothing so far. I did get my park pass loaded but no follow up email about checking in yet. I assume there will be someone at the park entrance, like there was for the Guardians Preview but wasn’t sure.

I was just curious if anyone has gotten their follow up email that tells where to check in at. I got my confirmation email the day I registered and it said we would receive another one 5-7 days out with check in instructions. My preview is on 3/4 (so 5 days from now) and nothing so far. I did get my park pass loaded but no follow up email about checking in yet. I assume there will be someone at the park entrance, like there was for the Guardians Preview but wasn’t sure.
My assumption is show up to the park entrance and if someone is there go there. If not go to the bushes by space mountain and you would probably check in there.

I hope we don't need anything else cuz I never got a confirmation email and forgot to take a screenshot! 😐

Also on 3/4! I got the confirmation email at the beginning, I have not received anything else and no additional park pass loaded (though I’m also doing the AP preview a few days later and did get the additional park pass loaded for that one 🤷🏻‍♀️) I’m just going to show the confirmation email and assume it will be fine.

Also on 3/4! I got the confirmation email at the beginning, I have not received anything else and no additional park pass loaded (though I’m also doing the AP preview a few days later and did get the additional park pass loaded for that one 🤷🏻‍♀️) I’m just going to show the confirmation email and assume it will be fine.
I am also on 3/4. I never got the first confirmation email and have received nothing since. I did print (well save to PDF) the screenshot and our MK park passes have been added so I assume we are good to go.

So just wanted to say , I'm staying here on disboard you guys are a friendly place...
So I was one of the few that received one day tickets to the parks so I could go to Tron preview on a Sunday.
I am a pixi pass holder.
I was just just. Scolded and put down in a FB group. I am sorry I didn't pay closer attention to the rules , I thought it wouldn't offer me times I couldn't go. ( Like the res. System) but I am so excited to go. I couldn't get in any other PH preview the last two sold out just as quickly

Preview is 3/4. Never received a confirmation email when I registered - but I did print the confirmation page. Park passes are added to MDE- but no email with more information (as the confirmation page stated there would be).

I hope we don't need anything else cuz I never got a confirmation email and forgot to take a screenshot! 😐
Same here! I called the passholder line on Sunday, and the CM said they are sending the emails manually, and it's taking awhile to get through them all. I at least got confirmation they could see the reservation and that the CMs at Tron will have access to the same information on the day of the preview.

For those who didn’t receive a confirmation email, here is the fine print

Event Information​

TRON Lightcycle / Run Annual Passholder Preview​

What to Bring to the Event
  • Valid Annual Pass and a government-issued photo ID for each registered Passholder
  • One printed or digital copy of your confirmation page

Registration
  • A valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass is required for park entry. Applicable pass blockout dates apply.
  • A preview registration for a date that is blocked out for your Pass type(s) will be automatically cancelled.
  • Advance preview registration required. A valid, activated Walt Disney World Annual Pass is required to register.
  • Capacity and space are limited. Entry is not guaranteed. Registrations are valid only during specific preview dates and hours.
  • You will NOT need to make your own theme park reservation to enter Magic Kingdom Park on the day of your preview. A park reservation will be made for you after your preview registration has been confirmed and will appear in your account—via My Disney Experience online or in the app—5 to 7 days prior to your preview date.
  • If you would like to register another Walt Disney World Annual Passholder to accompany you, that Passholder must have a valid, activated Annual Pass, be listed on your Family & Friends list and have opted to share "All My Plans" with you.
  • Modifications to a registration will not be permitted.
  • Please check blockout dates for each Pass type you are registering.
  • Registration and entry are nontransferable and void if sold or otherwise transferred.
  • Passholders with a confirmed reservation will receive an additional email with details on how to check in for their reservation approximately 5 to 7 days in advance of their selected event date.
  • Registered Passholders may experience wait times for the attraction during this event.
  • Parks, attractions and other offerings are subject to availibility, closures and change or cancellation without notice or liability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter