• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

Wait what? Does that mean you don't have to book a park reservation at all if you have a preview? What if you already booked a Park reservation for say Epcot because you couldn't get Magic Kingdom? Should you cancel your Epcot Park reservation? I'm so confused.

My brother and I are going and we're staying at the dolphin. We're doing the preview on the 12th and I picked 2pm So we could at least get in when the hopping opens. I figured at the very least we can walk through Epcot and take the monorail to Magic Kingdom. Good way to avoid the damn bus. I use a wheelchair so buses are not as convenient for me.
Disney automatically gives you a park reservation when you book an attraction preview. You can keep your Epcot one, if you want. You can also just go to MK whenever you want. I have been told that the park res will show up eventually in MDE.

Wait what? Does that mean you don't have to book a park reservation at all if you have a preview? What if you already booked a Park reservation for say Epcot because you couldn't get Magic Kingdom? Should you cancel your Epcot Park reservation? I'm so confused.

My brother and I are going and we're staying at the dolphin. We're doing the preview on the 12th and I picked 2pm So we could at least get in when the hopping opens. I figured at the very least we can walk through Epcot and take the monorail to Magic Kingdom. Good way to avoid the damn bus. I use a wheelchair so buses are not as convenient for me.
You get to have them both! You can do EP and hop to MK at whatever time you want because you will have valid park reservations for both parks.

CAUTION: for GOTG the EP reservation made by Disney controlled the Genie system so people who had other parks reserved in the morning were not able to make Genie purchases for the morning hours outside of EP. We do not know if this will happen again this time with MK controlling G+.

If it’s in budget the Accessible Minnie Vans are wonderful for ECVs, but they can cost around $40/ride and availability can be hard. You can stay in your ECV or get out and ride in a seat in the van and the CM will load the ECV. They recently expanded to include Swolphin pickup/drop offs.

So from March 12th til opening, who else is riding? have the club33, golden oaks gone yet? The media previews are also only a couple days too, right?

If it’s in budget the Accessible Minnie Vans are wonderful for ECVs, but they can cost around $40/ride and availability can be hard. You can stay in your ECV or get out and ride in a seat in the van and the CM will load the ECV. They recently expanded to include Swolphin pickup/drop offs.
Or book a Mears wheelchair van. Scooter goes up a ramp. Same fare as a regular taxi. Significantly cheaper then a Minnie Van.

So from March 12th til opening, who else is riding? have the club33, golden oaks gone yet? The media previews are also only a couple days too, right?
Thought I read somewhere that they opened up ore cast member previews....but could be wrong. No clue what will happen in the weeks between. I'm sure they will have a media preview at some point but that shouldn't be more than a day or so....

I already had a park pass for MK on my day, so it doesn't apply to me. However, I do remember from pass previews they don't just give everyone a park pass at the same time. Those going to earlier previews, got them before people going later. Those of you without park passes yet, are your preview dates later on?

I already had a park pass for MK on my day, so it doesn't apply to me. However, I do remember from pass previews they don't just give everyone a park pass at the same time. Those going to earlier previews, got them before people going later. Those of you without park passes yet, are your preview dates later on?
Mine is March 10th, so yeah maybe they're only doing earlier days right now.

Mine is March 10th, so yeah maybe they're only doing earlier days right now.
We have a March 9 preview, and already had an MK park reservation - now it's showing us with 2 MK park reservations.

And that leads to a whole new question for us - do we look to cancel the original one (just fortunate to get a preview slot on a day we're planning to be there anyway) for someone else to grab? Not sure I want to mess up anything that won't get us in the park for the day (and the preview!)! Haven't seen multiple park reservations on the same day before.

We have a March 9 preview, and already had an MK park reservation - now it's showing us with 2 MK park reservations.

And that leads to a whole new question for us - do we look to cancel the original one (just fortunate to get a preview slot on a day we're planning to be there anyway) for someone else to grab? Not sure I want to mess up anything that won't get us in the park for the day (and the preview!)! Haven't seen multiple park reservations on the same day before.
I’m not touching my double MK reservations. I have no faith I won’t screw myself over somehow.

Interesting how in my plans the park reservation is not listed first thing in the day. My orig park res is listed first, then after my lunch ADR the new park res is listed. (My preview slot is over an hour after my lunch ADR.)

My date is March 4 and a reservation was added. Interestingly enough it counts as one of my 5 and I can't book a second park that day. What would have happened if I had 5 other days booked before the MK pass was added?

My date is March 4 and a reservation was added. Interestingly enough it counts as one of my 5 and I can't book a second park that day. What would have happened if I had 5 other days booked before the MK pass was added?
I have 5 other dates booked, so guess I'll find out LOL

I don't have a Park Pass for Mar 10 yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter