• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

In my case I used points for flight, and friend had points to use for off-site timeshare. So minimal cost for flight & accommodation. We currently have only one 2 week trip planned in September for this AP year, so we knew we wanted to get at least one more trip in so we were hoping the AP preview dates would work.

We did not plan to renew AP this year due to planned trip to Japan …but with AP still not being on sale, we could not bring ourselves to let it go and renewed on the very last day.

Oh man, the flight prices are out of control. Is an AP preview really worth it? I'm trying every airline, city (Tampa, Orland, Daytona), and date combo and the lowest I can find right now for our preview slot is $600 per person..
Yikes!! $600 could by a lot of ILLs for Tron in the future…

Oh man, the flight prices are out of control. Is an AP preview really worth it? I'm trying every airline, city (Tampa, Orland, Daytona), and date combo and the lowest I can find right now for our preview slot is $600 per person..
Did you look into Orlando/Sanford? It’s a bit more of a drive. Allegiant usually has decent prices. There are a lot more tolls from there. And the airport is super small. Everything closes pretty early. So not sure how car rental or Uber would be from there. But that’s the airport we usually use.

Did you look into Orlando/Sanford? It’s a bit more of a drive. Allegiant usually has decent prices. There are a lot more tolls from there. And the airport is super small. Everything closes pretty early. So not sure how car rental or Uber would be from there. But that’s the airport we usually use.
Alligent has a terrible record of delays and cancellations. If you have flexibility they are good, if not, stay away.

We've flown into Sanford a few times and I didn't remember there being more tolls than those from MCO, but I could be mistaken.

This is where the craziness comes in - when is it worth it to view it in March, 2023, as opposed to the attraction being open for all MK guests in April?! I view these previews as a major bonus if we happen to be there at the time - which doesn't happen very often, but has worked out by dumb luck for Tron next month! But if we didn't get preview slots, we'd save that money for a future trip, spend $25 for ILL, and enjoy it then!
Worth and value are subjective to each individual. Personally I didn't book a hotel and airfare until I had a slot. Since this was an unexpected trip and all our DVC points are allocated towards other trips we are stuck at the All Stars. Airfare was booked using points. Is a Friday evening-Sunday evening trip worth it to preview a new attraction? For me the answer is YES.

This is an adult trip, NO kids. I told them is was a reconnaissance trip to make sure they could handle the ride for our July trip.

Worth and value are subjective to each individual. Personally I didn't book a hotel and airfare until I had a slot. Since this was an unexpected trip and all our DVC points are allocated towards other trips we are stuck at the All Stars. Airfare was booked using points. Is a Friday evening-Sunday evening trip worth it to preview a new attraction? For me the answer is YES.

This is an adult trip, NO kids. I told them is was a reconnaissance trip to make sure they could handle the ride for our July trip.
Totally agree. Everyone sets their own priorities. I‘m glad I’ve reached a point in my life where I don’t care what others think of what I do. As long as I’m not hurting anyone I’m doing what I want. I’m trying to be very accepting of the differences between us all.

I gave up, flights are out of control and resorts are super limited. Will wait until it opens to the public. It's just 1 ride and when I previewed Cosmic Rewind the line was about 1 hour....

Totally agree. Everyone sets their own priorities. I‘m glad I’ve reached a point in my life where I don’t care what others think of what I do. As long as I’m not hurting anyone I’m doing what I want. I’m trying to be very accepting of the differences between us all.
I hope you don't think I was saying it's wrong of folks to get a preview slot and then book a quick trip to enjoy it. That was not my intent. More power to you if that's how you like to enjoy your time! Enjoy your trip and enjoy Tron!

Found a flight for $354 (granted no bags are included) per person on United. There's a $255 flight on Spirit but it has an overnight layover in Detroit.
I can't find anything better.

Guess I got lucky. 2 pax roundtrip from NY for $215 total for both. I had to buy ticket at airport. Frontier with no luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter