• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

For those who have done previews before how have they checked your reservation? Do they scan your magic band or something?
I have done several previews. They will tell you what to bring and they have usually said to bring a copy of your confirmation email. I have always brought it but have never been sked to show it. They have always just scanned my MB. But, they DO ask to see your photo ID. BIL had to make a long trek back to the car at the Galaxy's Edge preview.

I did get a confirmation for GOTG, I did not for Tron. I was never asked to show it, they just scanned MB. I saved the confirmation page to PDF just to be sure though :) Booked flight and timeshare yesterday - split stay as we could not get 5 consecutive days due to spring breaks. Excited for a 5 day trip to WDW ....then less than a month after I return, I head to Japan (and Disney of course)

Edited to add I'll speculate Disney doesn't.want the complaints from guests who didn't get the reservation date time they planned on getting. Guests who made nonrefundable air when the dates were announced
Yes, I agree but if they at least made the information available the day of registration by putting it in the email, many people would have known not to get in line.

I didn't receive mine and I am fairly confident I never will. I didn't get mine for Guardians nor did I get the other email with the additional details. I printed my confirmation page just in case.
Check your communication settings in your Disney account, you may have inadvertently opted out of all communication. I had a setting I needed to change in mine in order for a DVC rep to call and email me.

You need to update preferences to allow emails from Disney Destinations.

Sometimes the emails wind up in junk or even blocked at ISP level.

Disney is using the same queue-it system ticketmaster uses for the in demand events. It can handle a lot more volume then Disney. AP slots were available for about 3 1/2 hours. The vast majority of posters who got in queue at around 9a got a shot. Some of the complainers didn't try until 9:30 -10:00. Others waited until the got their email. I was surprised how long slots were available.

The font was way too small.

We are re'directed to queueit then directed back to Disney. Some privacy settings, cookie settings, browsers and even multiple tabs can have issues.

Edited to add I'll speculate Disney doesn't.want the complaints from guests who didn't get the reservation date time they planned on getting. Guests who made nonrefundable air when the dates were announced

I was surprised they lasted 3.5 hours also. What was weird was how everyone was showing different availability. My email came at 9:08 , I was already in, but many of the ones right then also got in.

Yes they usually do that, which is why I am assuming they didn't have any previews after March 12 since its spring break season.
They are doing at least one preview after March 12, but I assume there won’t be any more at scale. I completely zoned out yesterday, got on calls and by the time I registered I got the “almost full message” and missed it.

Thankfully, I already had my preview, but I’ll have to wait a little longer.

Big congrats to everyone that got in! Look forward to the updates!!

I wonder what they’ll do between Mar 12 and opening (aside from the one other preview). Will that be media events?

Registered yesterday and still haven't gotten a confirmation email. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yep. No confirmation email for me too. I took a screenshot to be safe. From what I understand this can be a regular occurrence.

They are doing at least one preview after March 12, but I assume there won’t be any more at scale. I completely zoned out yesterday, got on calls and by the time I registered I got the “almost full message” and missed it.

Thankfully, I already had my preview, but I’ll have to wait a little longer.

Big congrats to everyone that got in! Look forward to the updates!!

I wonder what they’ll do between Mar 12 and opening (aside from the one other preview). Will that be media events?

Isn't that the D23 one? I don't fully count that one since its super limited and only evening hours, not going to affect park crowds that much. Plus they made money off ot it vs the AP/DVC ones.

A reservation is added to your account if you’re doing the preview. Because of all the people doing the preview

I had a similar problem with the cast member preview for Guardians and I really doubt it’s fixed. Not sure how it would affect joining the VQ but I think you can probably count on not being able to book genie+ until after 2. So you can either keep going to the blue umbrellas again or just try to line stuff up for after 2. Like with your example of Epcot you could probably pretty easily get a time for Remy right after 2 and then 2 hours after park open book Frozen and so on. Honestly the other stuff in Epcot you don’t really need genie+ for most of the time except Test Track which has a great single rider line and maybe Soarin’. Everything else you might save a few minutes. You could also line stuff up for MK later in the day. Whatever the case, it’s definitely annoying

This is honestly super annoying. We’re checking out of VGF in the morning and moving to BWV that afternoon. We have Epcot booked for that day and was planning to arrive late morning (after our MK Tron preview at 9:30 AM). Sounds like we won’t be able to do this however? Even if we show the Epcot park reservation in our MDE? Party of 8, ugh.

This is honestly super annoying. We’re checking out of VGF in the morning and moving to BWV that afternoon. We have Epcot booked for that day and was planning to arrive late morning (after our MK Tron preview at 9:30 AM). Sounds like we won’t be able to do this however? Even if we show the Epcot park reservation in our MDE? Party of 8, ugh.
Yeah I’d also like to do both MK and Epcot in the morning (my preview is at 9 AM) so I can do Guardians before flying home but I don’t think I’ll even try to test out if that’ll work

Quick question on AP Tron preview process. Having not received any type of email confirmation, I assume the check-in process is the same as the DVC one (check in at front of park for park access etc). After that, what happens? Just proceed to the ride using magic band? The reason I ask is that I have an AP, as does my son and his girlfriend. However, our other son does not. If I wanted my son to be able to ride Tron instead of me, could I just give him my slot and have him use my MB to ride?

Not something I would normally consider, but kind of in a bind on this one.

Quick question on AP Tron preview process. Having not received any type of email confirmation, I assume the check-in process is the same as the DVC one (check in at front of park for park access etc). After that, what happens? Just proceed to the ride using magic band? The reason I ask is that I have an AP, as does my son and his girlfriend. However, our other son does not. If I wanted my son to be able to ride Tron instead of me, could I just give him my slot and have him use my MB to ride?
As I understand you also have to show photo ID so no your son can’t ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter