• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

I already know GOTG will be the more enjoyable coaster from the re-ride ability of the soundtrack alone (so far just 3 songs in 7 rides) downside is I’m waiting to announce that it’s going standby/ $ before Tron opens and questioning if its worth triple digit wait times or $20+
And don't forget the Christmas music version in December (or maybe you already heard it!)! I still can see them keeping GOTG as a VQ (along with Tron) for the near future. As long as the tech can handle it, it just makes so much more sense than having a standby line snaking all the way back to Test Track! Guess they'll be announcing it soon, so we'll see!

We ran into this problem last time with Guardians preview and I am wondering if it is fixed...

If you have a reservation for a different park the morning of your preview which is in the evening, is the system going to recognize you at the first park for the sake of making G+ selections and/or VQ at your first park?

Example - Morning reservation for Epcot with TRON preview later that evening at MK. We have an Epcot reservation that day and would then hop to MK for TRON in the evening. Will we be able to make G+ selections (prior to 2pm) and/or join the Guardians VQ or will the system not let us since it thinks our first park of the day is MK? This happened with Guardians when we tried to start our day at Hollywood Studios and we had to wait in line at a blue umbrella for every G+ selection. It wouldn't let us make any G+ selections for the morning at Studios. Hoping this is fixed but I doubt it.

It does look to be popular. Some of it is during Spring Break, at least for some southern states. I am sure that doesn't help.
Or maybe a lot of AP holders did as you and others did, with 4-5 windows open, so the system was swamped. (I'm not trying to criticize you personally, a number of forum members posted about using multiple windows.)

The sign-up for AP previews seems very flawed. Most AP holders do not get the email in time to even know about the preview. People who try to sign up lose an hour or more waiting only to be told the event is full. To me, those are both significant problems.

I think it is high time for WDW to do the AP sign up in a way that is more fair to every AP holder. They should assign each AP holder/family a personal PIN code like they used to do with discount offers.

Otherwise, what? Next time even more people will vie for a preview by having even more windows open, and the problem is just going to blossom into a worse situation.

Last edited:
We ran into this problem last time with Guardians preview and I am wondering if it is fixed...

If you have a reservation for a different park the morning of your preview which is in the evening, is the system going to recognize you at the first park for the sake of making G+ selections and/or VQ at your first park?

Example - Morning reservation for Epcot with TRON preview later that evening at MK. We have an Epcot reservation that day and would then hop to MK for TRON in the evening. Will we be able to make G+ selections (prior to 2pm) and/or join the Guardians VQ or will the system not let us since it thinks our first park of the day is MK? This happened with Guardians when we tried to start our day at Hollywood Studios and we had to wait in line at a blue umbrella for every G+ selection. It wouldn't let us make any G+ selections for the morning at Studios. Hoping this is fixed but I doubt it.
I had a similar problem with the cast member preview for Guardians and I really doubt it’s fixed. Not sure how it would affect joining the VQ but I think you can probably count on not being able to book genie+ until after 2. So you can either keep going to the blue umbrellas again or just try to line stuff up for after 2. Like with your example of Epcot you could probably pretty easily get a time for Remy right after 2 and then 2 hours after park open book Frozen and so on. Honestly the other stuff in Epcot you don’t really need genie+ for most of the time except Test Track which has a great single rider line and maybe Soarin’. Everything else you might save a few minutes. You could also line stuff up for MK later in the day. Whatever the case, it’s definitely annoying

Last edited:

Or maybe a lot of AP holders did as you and others did, with 4-5 windows open, so the system was swamped. (I'm not trying to criticize you personally, a number of forum members posted about using multiple windows.)

The sign-up for AP previews seems very flawed. Most AP holders do not get the email in time to even know about the preview. People who try to sign up lose an hour or more waiting only to be told the event is full. To me, those are both significant problems.

I think it is high time for WDW to do the AP sign up in a way that is more fair to every AP holder. They should assign each AP holder/family a personal PIN code like they used to do with discount offers.

Otherwise, what? Next time even more people will vie for a preview by having even more windows open, and the problem is just going to blossom into a worse situation.
I think part of the "clog" was all of the people who were waiting in line, hoping the dates would work for them only to find out they were blackout dates or dates that they would not be able to go for other reasons. Based on a lot of the comments here and on FB, it seems that a lot of people dropped out of line once the information was out there as to what the dates were. Disney could have saved everyone a lot of headache if they did like the DVC previews and just gave the date out before people got in line.

Registered yesterday and still haven't gotten a confirmation email. Anyone else in the same boat?
I haven’t gotten one either. I screenshotted my confirmation page just in case but I think as it gets close the reservation will be added to my account

Registered yesterday and still haven't gotten a confirmation email. Anyone else in the same boat?
No confirmation for me either. Also registered for the Remy & Guardians AP Previews and never received an email confirmation for either of those.

I didn't receive mine and I am fairly confident I never will. I didn't get mine for Guardians nor did I get the other email with the additional details. I printed my confirmation page just in case.

I think part of the "clog" was all of the people who were waiting in line, hoping the dates would work for them only to find out they were blackout dates or dates that they would not be able to go for other reasons. Based on a lot of the comments here and on FB, it seems that a lot of people dropped out of line once the information was out there as to what the dates were. Disney could have saved everyone a lot of headache if they did like the DVC previews and just gave the date out before people got in line.
And a good portion of the clog is many had multiple devices going at the same time.... why not require login to your Disney Account first, and limit access to one device/browser?

If it sells out in 20 Minutes... put everyone out of their misery and end the que.

For those who have done previews before how have they checked your reservation? Do they scan your magic band or something?

Thanks for the responses. Might see if Disney has it on file as confirmation as my friend did the registration while I drove and I didn't get a screenshot to ease my worries 🙃

You mean the personal PIN code offers that people used to have but a bunch never got the emails for so they only knew if they called Disney and asked the agent to check? Yeah, that’ll fix it.

If Disney disclosed the dates before signups went live a chunk of that traffic wouldn’t hit.

Yes they usually do that, which is why I am assuming they didn't have any previews after March 12 since its spring break season.
Yes. I was responding to the poster above me who was surprised that MK was showing full for reservations when all other parks had availability. I was saying it was because MK would have had to decrease the number of reservations they accepted that day as those with a preview to Tron were automatically counted into the MK numbers that day.

You mean the personal PIN code offers that people used to have but a bunch never got the emails for so they only knew if they called Disney and asked the agent to check? Yeah, that’ll fix it.

If Disney disclosed the dates before signups went live a chunk of that traffic wouldn’t hit.
Yeah we all saw the mess with Taylor Swift tickets a few weeks ago on Ticketmaster where certain people got a code and there were all kinds of problems. I’m sure it would be no different with Disney.

I don’t get why Disney didn’t just say what dates the previews were for when they’re only for a week and probably thousands and thousands of people were hoping for previews that lasted much longer than that but had no idea if previews during their dates were even possible

Disney is using the same queue-it system ticketmaster uses for the in demand events. It can handle a lot more volume then Disney. AP slots were available for about 3 1/2 hours. The vast majority of posters who got in queue at around 9a got a shot. Some of the complainers didn't try until 9:30 -10:00. Others waited until the got their email. I was surprised how long slots were available.

The font was way too small.

We are re'directed to queueit then directed back to Disney. Some privacy settings, cookie settings, browsers and even multiple tabs can have issues.

Edited to add I'll speculate Disney doesn't.want the complaints from guests who didn't get the reservation date time they planned on getting. Guests who made nonrefundable air when the dates were announced

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter