• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

I was at work sister clicked the link right at 9 when I was on break at 1030 she was still over an hour to go… by the time she made it in there at it showed the 8th & 9th as available but she kept getting error messages when she put party of two than it said sold out

Now to 🤞🏻 that I can get a VQ on April 17th aKa the first day Pixie Dust passholders have access to the ride and the second day Pirate passholders like myself have it

I can’t justify an ILL because between my size and my legs recovering from running 19.3 miles I’m fairly certain I’ll be doing the seat of shame

Yes. With a message that the wait was more than an hour (for three hours). Dropped to half an hour suddenly, then went back to more than an hour. Then “event full”.
When I have done WHOLE LAND AP Preview reservations, I have never had to wait too long after entering the queue. This morning it said 1 hour. I took the hint that I didn't want to make a special trip for one ride and dropped out.

What all these posts today are telling me is this may be the most popular preview to date.

And I hope those that were asking about soft opening and trying to talk their way in .... don't make it difficult for CMs. It opens soon enough.

All those that got a time ~ ENJOY ~ and bring back an average guest review.

Safari on my MAC was the win for me...granted on all 4 devices I started at over an hour even though I joined before 9 am.

When I have done WHOLE LAND AP Preview reservations, I have never had to wait too long after entering the queue. This morning it said 1 hour. I took the hint that I didn't want to make a special trip for one ride and dropped out.

What all these posts today are telling me is this may be the most popular preview to date.

And I hope those that were asking about soft opening and trying to talk their way in .... don't make it difficult for CMs. It opens soon enough.

All those that got a time ~ ENJOY ~ and bring back an average guest review.

It does look to be popular. Some of it is during Spring Break, at least for some southern states. I am sure that doesn't help.

I wonder if it’s the most popular preview because there is no standby line when it officially opens. In the past, people could say “I don’t care how long the line is. Even if it takes all day, I will just wait until I get to ride.” Now, you try to pay to ride (may or may not be quick enough to get a spot) or try for the VQ (again, may or may not get a spot) but there’s no option to just dedicate the day to waiting until you get in.

I am happy for those of you who got into the previews (I didn’t want to go), but I feel bad for the people who didn’t and may have to wait a year or two for things to die down enough that a regular standby line can be implemented.

For those who didn’t get in, just know there are lots of people who feel your pain, and remember you will eventually get to ride, even if it’s not for a while. I was very disappointed I didn’t get Guardians but since then I’ve been on it 48 times 😂 I may be a little (or a lot) obsessed with that ride lol and I’m very fortunate to have been able to go as much as I have, but hopefully this gives hope to anyone who is disappointed about Tron ❤️

I just want to send a thank you for the info from everyone on this thread, and especially for the link on the first page, which greatly helped me get an AP preview time for March 10.

I started watching this thread about 10 days ago, having never gotten an email notification of registration for any AP previews, and I didn’t realize that there was any way of signing up other than through an email. I’m out of state but already had a trip to Florida scheduled during the preview time frame so I’m really excited that this actually worked out.

Thanks again for positive and informative posts like this!!!

Soooo - not complaining but I wanted to share my experience
I’m based in the U.K. and had a MacBook, iPad and iPhone ready and primed with 3 browsers open on each device.
Keep in mind that this was all happening at 2pm U.K. time and I was at work (my colleagues all now think I am insane!!!)
When the link went live, I had various wait times, everything from 20 minutes, to over an hour. I also had to use a VPN, as despite the fact that I am and AP holder and a DVC member, Disney seems to consistently put blocks on us signing up for anything!
Any-hoo, my 20 minute wait browser said “it’s your turn” and with shaky hands, I logged in only to discover that the dates end before we fly out to the US at the end of March.
Why do we keep doing this to ourselves? 😂😂😂😂
Please Disney, just give us some notice and dates in advance
Also, big thanks to everyone on this thread as without this, I’d never know about any of these events as Disney won’t email us …… actually maybe that would be better 😂😂😂😂

For those who didn’t get in, just know there are lots of people who feel your pain, and remember you will eventually get to ride, even if it’s not for a while. I was very disappointed I didn’t get Guardians but since then I’ve been on it 48 times 😂 I may be a little (or a lot) obsessed with that ride lol and I’m very fortunate to have been able to go as much as I have, but hopefully this gives hope to anyone who is disappointed about Tron ❤️
I may be more excited just to go back and ride Guardians multiple times 🤣 Since MK days were all reserved, I booked two days at Epcot. We went on it 10 times over a 2 week trip in September. From the reviews I already know this ride won’t trump GOTG.

I may be more excited just to go back and ride Guardians multiple times 🤣 Since MK days were all reserved, I booked two days at Epcot. We went on it 10 times over a 2 week trip in September. From the reviews I already know this ride won’t trump GOTG.
You’re very right! There is absolutely nothing like Guardians. Have fun!

I was at work sister clicked the link right at 9 when I was on break at 1030 she was still over an hour to go… by the time she made it in there at it showed the 8th & 9th as available but she kept getting error messages when she put party of two than it said sold out

Now to 🤞🏻 that I can get a VQ on April 17th aKa the first day Pixie Dust passholders have access to the ride and the second day Pirate passholders like myself have it

I can’t justify an ILL because between my size and my legs recovering from running 19.3 miles I’m fairly certain I’ll be doing the seat of shame
I don't consider it the 'seat of shame'. My husband cannot bend his right leg beyond 60° and won't be able to ride the motorcycle seats. I am THRILLED for him that he will be able to ride this at all. From what I'm hearing it has nothing to do with BMI and being 'fluffy' but how you're body weight is distributed that makes a difference.

Now then, Disney, can we get some adaptable seats on SDMT and FOP????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter