Tron AP preview thread

Sorry. Random question. Did anyone just get an MDE push notification? I touched it on accident without reading it and it opened my app to nothing
Ha! I must have been typing as your posted this. Yes, I got the push notification but no AP e-mail. I read it and it was the same info as has been posted in the e-mail and said to look at your e-mail on Feb. 16th for the link.

We are AP & not DVC and our March trip dates fall right when it seems the DVC dates will be (based on trips dates for DVC getting the email.) I assume AP & DVC dates have never overlapped? I was hopeful when I saw CM previews ended on our checkin date, but we checkout 3/10. We could figure out plans for a couple extra days since we leave before a weekend if needed. I just wish they would let us know the dates so we could figure out if it’s worth our time to try to get a spot at all.
That would make so much sense and cut down on unnecessary internet traffic. Which explains why they don’t do it

Last time we did remy preview we did AP. This time we won’t have AP but looks like we are going to qualify for DVC since I just got the email. Will we need park tickets for MK? We will be there for 10 days but there are days we don’t have tickets for. I don’t want to reserve a day and then have to buy more tickets.

Last time we did remy preview we did AP. This time we won’t have AP but looks like we are going to qualify for DVC since I just got the email. Will we need park tickets for MK? We will be there for 10 days but there are days we don’t have tickets for. I don’t want to reserve a day and then have to buy more tickets.

Yes, you need a valid ticket to enter the park.

Can you share the DVC one?
As always, I didn't get either

MEMBER MAIL: MEMBERSHIP MAGIC ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌​

MEMBER MAIL: MEMBERSHIP MAGIC
READY. SET. LAUNCH!
Eligible Disney Vacation Club® Members using their Membership to stay at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort over an event date are invited to be among the first to experience the new high-tech, high-speed thrills of TRON Lightcycle/Run presented by Enterprise.

Climb aboard your own lightcycle and enter the Grid, a digital world with no horizons. Push past the limits of what you’ve ever experienced at Magic Kingdom® park in the fastest coaster in Disney Parks history.

Be on the lookout for registration information and event details on February 16th.

Keep in mind: All resort reservations and modifications – including your party size – must be completed by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on February 13, 2023. Modifications to your resort reservation party size after today will not increase your party size for the preview event.

Learn more about the attraction at disneyworld.disney.go.com

©Disney | DVC-23-3157303

view

For Remy they provided a Park pass for the preview day, but you had to have a valid ticket for that day. Not sure if park hopper was needed or not since I had AP at the time.

Those of you that DVC email what are your dates of trip?

I got the AP email, but not the DVC one. We land at WDW March 28th (and on our resale contract points), so probably a couple of reasons right there as to why we didn't get the DVC email.
My flight back to the winter tundra is on April 4th :tongue:
I think I'm cursed.

My trip dates are 3/3-3/10. I got the DVC email, but not the AP one. I did get the AP push notification though. As i think about it though, my DVC reservation is with my non-qualified points membership (I have 2 UY so 2 memberships), but all are linked to my MDE account. I did book the DCA moonlight magic event recently using my white card member ID during the pre-booking dates. Expected I would have to show my DVC digital card when we got to the park, but was never asked to see it.

Interesting. For Guardians, people noticed certain dates being sold out for Epcot and those dates ended up being the preview dates. March 10th is my arrival date to Saratoga, but I won't get there until night time.
We arrive at BWV on the 10th. I will have to try for AP or D23. We are resale for DVC.

I did not get an e-mail, but did get a notification on MDE. But when I pressed it, it just opened MDE and told me nothing.
That's usually what happens to me, but it actually showed the Tron info this time. It might be in the AP section of the app.

We arrive at BWV on the 10th. I will have to try for AP or D23. We are resale for DVC.
At least for Guardians, there were more dates available for AP than DVC anyway. I didn't do Remy as I didn't have an AP back then, so no idea how that went. I don't need the dates to be the weekend of the 10th as I can just drive from my aunt's house to MK and back, but traffic on I-4 is miserable. I also want to try to get an evening time as I've heard from a lot of people that this ride is WAY better at night.

At least for Guardians, there were more dates available for AP than DVC anyway. I didn't do Remy as I didn't have an AP back then, so no idea how that went. I don't need the dates to be the weekend of the 10th as I can just drive from my aunt's house to MK and back, but traffic on I-4 is miserable. I also want to try to get an evening time as I've heard from a lot of people that this ride is WAY better at night.
I could only do 1 day for the GOTG AP preview, and I missed the email. We ended up riding it in July. We may not get a preview this time. I guess we will have to wait until xmas then. Although, I am hoping to go to Destination D in September, so maybe then.

Ha! I must have been typing as your posted this. Yes, I got the push notification but no AP e-mail. I read it and it was the same info as has been posted in the e-mail and said to look at your e-mail on Feb. 16th for the link.
ok thanks! i thought it mightve been realted but didnt see one word of it when touching it accidentally.

For Remy they provided a Park pass for the preview day, but you had to have a valid ticket for that day. Not sure if park hopper was needed or not since I had AP at the time.

When you say “park pass” I know you’re referring to a park reservation. I think that’s why some people get confused. Some people consider a pass to mean a ticket. Some people use pass to mean park reservation. To get into a ride preview you don’t need to make a park reservation. But you do need that valid admission ticket. Which is also noted on the preview confirmation. Just wanted to clarify for anyone not sure.

Last edited:
I'm a DVC member and am really interested in attending the preview. I am seeing that some DVC members have received email regarding the upcoming preview while others have not. It appears to be that DVC members with reservations for a specific window are the "eligible" members that are receiving the email.

What confuses me is that the email indicates that you have to have a Disney hotel reservation by 11:59PM tonight (EST) but that specific preview dates are not yet released.

So...I would like to make a reservation in order to be able to attend but because there is no information I'm stuck. Anyone else in the same position or have information that they can share?

I'm a DVC member and am really interested in attending the preview. I am seeing that some DVC members have received email regarding the upcoming preview while others have not. It appears to be that DVC members with reservations for a specific window are the "eligible" members that are receiving the email.

What confuses me is that the email indicates that you have to have a Disney hotel reservation by 11:59PM tonight (EST) but that specific preview dates are not yet released.

So...I would like to make a reservation in order to be able to attend but because there is no information I'm stuck. Anyone else in the same position or have information that they can share?
Do you mean you don't know which dates to book?
Everyone is in that boat.
You either, have a trip booked and hope the dates are available during your trip or you book a trip at random and hope the dates are there for your trip.
You can always move the trip around, availability and schedule permitting, if you fall in the 2nd category.
Those of us in the first, are really more limited.

Make 2 or 3 reservations before deadline. Cancel after sign-ups
Do you mean you don't know which dates to book?
Everyone is in that boat.
You either, have a trip booked and hope the dates are available during your trip or you book a trip at random and hope the dates are there for your trip.
You can always move the trip around, availability and schedule permitting, if you fall in the 2nd category.
Those of us in the first, are really more limited.
AP previews sign up for whatever is available. Then book whatever room is available.

DVC you noted the difference. I'd book multiple reservations prior to the deadline. Tonight midnight or is it tomorrow midnight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter